Sibling for Julia

We have a daughter named [name]Julia[/name] and are starting to think about #2. What are your suggestions for boys and girls names? Here are some that I like:

Girls:
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

Boys:

[name]Henry[/name] (my all-time favorite, but so popular now!)
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Ralph[/name]
[name]Ned[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]

Girls:
[name]Margaret[/name] – [name]Just[/name] doesn’t go with [name]Julia[/name] in my mind. Would be strange. I guess it would be better with a nickname. Which one would you call her? [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are both cute.
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Josie[/name]? This could work. Are you okay with another girl having the same initial as [name]Julia[/name]?
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Nicknames? I like this. I think it would be very pretty with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Adelaide[/name] - Again, nickname possibilities? [name]Addie[/name]? I don’t see this one working too well with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Clara[/name] - Ooohh I like this. Short and sweet like [name]Julia[/name]. Is it okay that they are both -a names?
[name]Daphne[/name] - I just don’t like this name. Haha. Sorry I’m going to have to say no.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Very cute with [name]Julia[/name]. [name]Just[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or a nn? [name]Charlie[/name]? [name]Lottie[/name]?

I like you girl names picks. My faves would be [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name].

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] (my all-time favorite, but so popular now!) – Wonderful name never mind the popularity! I don’t know if I like it too much with [name]Julia[/name] though. I love the name anyway. Haha.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - [name]Nate[/name]? This could work. I like [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] works well with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Nathan[/name] - Same as above. Would work nicely.
[name]Robert[/name] - [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name]? Haha. Nah but for some reason I don’t like this with [name]Julia[/name]. [name]Robert[/name], [name]Rob[/name], [name]Bob[/name], [name]Robby[/name], [name]Bobby[/name] or [name]Bert[/name]? What are you thinking?
[name]Thomas[/name] - I like this one. [name]Tom[/name]/[name]Tommy[/name]?
[name]Peter[/name] - Ohh so cute with [name]Julia[/name]! I like this one!
[name]Frederick[/name] - Not a big fan of the name in general or with [name]Julia[/name]. [name]Fred[/name]?
[name]Ralph[/name] - Same as [name]Frederick[/name].
[name]Ned[/name] - [name]Just[/name] sounds nerdy to me. With [name]Julia[/name] it sounds strange.
[name]Leon[/name] - Doesn’t with [name]Julia[/name] for me.
[name]Nicholas[/name] - I love this name! And I like it with [name]Julia[/name] too. [name]Nick[/name]/[name]Nicky[/name]/[name]Nico[/name]?

Faves would be [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name].

Girls:
[name]Margaret[/name] - Doesn’t really fit with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Josephine[/name] - See above.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Again.
[name]Adelaide[/name] - Nice.
[name]Clara[/name] - I like this with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Daphne[/name] - This too.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Probably my favorite with [name]Julia[/name].
Since you have [name]Clara[/name] on your list, I’m guessing you’re not afraid of two names ending in -a. I think [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Diana[/name] go really well with [name]Julia[/name].
Of yours I like [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Julia[/name] best.

Boys:

[name]Henry[/name] - [name]Henry[/name] is actually less popular than [name]Julia[/name], so go for it.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - I prefer this to [name]Nathan[/name]. [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] is nice.
[name]Nathan[/name] - See above.
[name]Robert[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t love it, but I’ve been loving [name]Bobby[/name] lately.
[name]Thomas[/name] - Nice, but I don’t love it.
[name]Peter[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Frederick[/name] - Not bad.
[name]Ralph[/name] - Dislike.
[name]Ned[/name] - Prefer [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name].
[name]Leon[/name] - Dislike.
[name]Nicholas[/name] - Ok, but underwhelming.

[name]Julia[/name] is one of my favorite names, and I love your list!

[name]Margaret[/name]: I love [name]Margaret[/name], and it’s wonderful with [name]Julia[/name]! [name]Greta[/name], [name]Meg[/name], and [name]Daisy[/name] are my favorite nicknames.
[name]Josephine[/name]: I’m not sure about the double Js, but I really like [name]Josephine[/name] and it fits stylistically.
[name]Elizabeth[/name]: The ultimate classic-- you really can’t go wrong with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love [name]Libby[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], and [name]Elsa[/name] with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Adelaide[/name]: This is the only name on your list I don’t care for-- it sounds clunky and reminds me inexplicably of lemonade.
[name]Clara[/name]: I love [name]Clara[/name], and it’s very nice with [name]Julia[/name].
[name]Daphne[/name]: A sibset of [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] would be unexpected and wonderful! I really like this.
[name]Charlotte[/name]: [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are perfect, though [name]Charlotte[/name]'s the teensiest bit trendy.

[name]Henry[/name]: I love [name]Henry[/name], and it’s great with [name]Julia[/name]! Ignore the popularity!
[name]Nathaniel[/name]: Very nice.
[name]Nathan[/name]: I much prefer [name]Nathaniel[/name].
[name]Robert[/name]: It seems dated to me. It’s not a terrible name, though.
[name]Thomas[/name]: I really like it!
[name]Peter[/name]: This one, too!
[name]Frederick[/name]: I’d love to meet a baby [name]Frederick[/name]. [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] are great together!
[name]Ralph[/name]: Very teasable, and just not appealing in general.
[name]Ned[/name]: I much prefer it as a nickname for [name]Edward[/name]/[name]Edmund[/name].
[name]Leon[/name]: I love [name]Leo[/name], but not so much [name]Leon[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Leonel[/name]/[name]Lionel[/name]?
[name]Nicholas[/name]: Nice and classic, but it’s never really appealed to me.

My favorites are [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Frederick[/name] (but you really can’t go wrong!).

I love [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] for the girls, and [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] for the boys. If you have a name that you clearly love more than the others, don’t let popularity (or anything else) hold you back!

My favorites are Margaret, Daphne, Charlotte, Henry, Peter, and Frederick (but you really can’t go wrong!).

Thanks, irisrose. It’s nice to see nameberry-ites here from when I was naming my daughter last year. (What happened to [name]Jill[/name]?!) Maybe you remember my naming dilemma from last year–we went with [name]Julia[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] (born Dec. 09). I was torn between [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]. I don’t know if we’ll have another girl, but if we do, I might try to get [name]Josephine[/name] in there. My husband has a J name, so that would be 3 J’s in the family. Too much for me. So perhaps [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]…