Sibling for Keziah?

It will be another few weeks before we find out the gender of our next baby but I can’t help but think about names right now.

Our daughter is [name]Keziah[/name]. I still love her name so that might give an idea of our style. Most of our family has “K” names and those are what we are looking at so the new baby isn’t left out. I’d consider something that didn’t start with K only if it was perfect in all other ways.

Girls names:

[name]Kiara[/name] - my husband’s fave, I find it a bit frilly for my taste
[name]Keren[/name] - obvious match (being another daughter of [name]Job[/name]) but unsure about always being “[name]Karen[/name] with an e”.

Boys names:
[name]Kasimir[/name] - both my husband and I love the quirkiness of the name and the nickname “Kaz” but I am concerned that it’s a little too out there
[name]Kieran[/name] - an old favorite
[name]Kenelm[/name] - saw this on a recent blog post and have always wanted to honor my grandfather [name]Kenneth[/name] (husband hates the name [name]Kenneth[/name] but maybe he’ll like this?)

Thoughts? Other suggestions? Our last name is D**er, if that helps.

From your list, I like the boys names but I don’t like the girls names at all. Although the letter “K” is one of my least favourite letters, here are some other suggestions for you to consider for [name]Keziah[/name]'s sibling:

Girls
Kalidas - Greek for “the most beautiful woman”
[name]Kallisto[/name] - Greek mythological name
Kannitha - Vietnamese for “an angelic woman”
Kantha - [name]Indian[/name] for “a delicate woman”
[name]Karina[/name] - Scandinavian for [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Karma[/name] - one’s actions determine one’s destiny
[name]Karsten[/name] - unisex name meaning “the anointed one”
Katriel - Hebrew meaning “crowned by God”
Kaveri - [name]Indian[/name] from the sacred river
[name]Kerensa[/name] - Cornish name that means “one who loves and is loved”. This would be a good alternative to [name]Keren[/name].
Kirima - Inuit from the hill
[name]Kismet[/name] - English for one’s destiny or fate
[name]Kiva[/name] - Hebrew “protected by God”
Korinna - Latin for a “spear-wielding woman”
[name]Kornelia[/name] - Latin referring to a horn

Boys
Kaemon -Japanese for full of joy
[name]Kai[/name] - Hawaiian of the sea
[name]Kaspar[/name] - Persian the keeper of the treasure
[name]Kearney[/name] - Irish for the victor
[name]Keir[/name] - Gaelic for the dark one
[name]Kenyon[/name] - Gaelic for a blonde-haired man
Kestrel - English for one who soars
[name]Kevin[/name] - Gaelic for “a beloved and handsome man”
Kildare - Irish place name
[name]Killian[/name] - Gaelic for one who is small and fierce
[name]Kingston[/name] - English from the king’s town
[name]Kinsey[/name] - English the victorious prince
[name]Kiran[/name] - Hindi for “a ray of light”
[name]Knox[/name] - English from the rounded hill
[name]Konrad[/name] - [name]German[/name] a bold advisor
Konstantine - Latin for “one who is steadfast”
[name]Krispin[/name] - Latin for “curly-haired”
[name]Kristian[/name] - Greek for “follower of [name]Christ[/name]”
[name]Kyle[/name] - Gaelic from the narrow channel
[name]Kynaston[/name] - English from the peaceful royal town

I like [name]Keziah[/name]! [name]Kiara[/name] is nice, but the k spelling really ruins it for me. I much prefer the classic [name]Chiara[/name]. And I think [name]Keren[/name] would cause the problems you’re worried about. My favorite k-names for girls are [name]Kerensa[/name], [name]Kira[/name], [name]Katerina[/name], and Kateri, if you like any of those.
For boys, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Kieran[/name].I actually like [name]Kenneth[/name] much more than [name]Kenelm[/name] ([name]Kenelm[/name] seems really awkward for me to say) but if your husband doesn’t like it, I guess it doesn’t matter. And [name]Kasimir[/name] is a little out there, at least for my taste. My favorite boy k-names are [name]Kieran[/name] (like I said), [name]Kian[/name], [name]Keenan[/name], and [name]Kai[/name].

wait, sorry. I thought you were asking about a spelling of [name]Keziah[/name]. oops. shows how much I read.

[name]Keziah[/name] is beautiful! I’ve always loved it, but it doesn’t fit with the other names I tend to like. One question, do you call her Kez or Kezzy?

I’m not wild about your girl choices–I actually really like [name]Keren[/name], but if you are trying to avoid spelling errors that will be a problem. Other thoughts:

[name]Kirsten[/name]–I have adored this name since the American Girl appeared in the early 90’s…
[name]Kora[/name]–don’t let people tell you this is spelled wrong, it comes from the Greek letter Kappa which can be transliterated either with a C or a K
[name]Kalliope[/name]–same thing
[name]Kyra[/name]
Kyna

I’m a bit concerned that [name]Keziah[/name] and [name]Kasimir[/name] could sound alike–especially if they get called Kez and Kas. But, that is my favorite from that list. [name]How[/name] about

[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Kody[/name]
Kodiac
hmmmm, like pp K isn’t a letter that I typically collect names from…

I wonder if a name with a K in it somewhere with the same flavor as [name]Keziah[/name] would work. I’m thinking especially of [name]Ezekiel[/name], Elkanah, or even [name]Rebekah[/name].

GL
T

I like a few of these - Kaveli and [name]Kiva[/name] are interesting.

[name]Glad[/name] to see some love for [name]Kieran[/name], it’s been a favorite of mine for a long time.

We call [name]Keziah[/name] either her full name or Kezzy and I admit that Kezzy and Kaz sound a little …too matchy?