sibling for Lila and Rio/ zephyr??

Hello again,

I’m due in early February with a boy we have narrowed the possible names down to two: [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Zephyr[/name]. Our two year old daughter is [name]Lila[/name] (leela) aveline. Since we love both names the deciding factor might be possible sibling names to go with it. We like nature names and names that are not popular, even though [name]Lilah[/name] (liela) has become pop and I don’t like it. If I choose [name]Rio[/name] will I always have to use latin names or short names??? Here is a list of other names we like for future sibs.

Girls:
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Elettra[/name]
[name]Mariposa[/name] nn posy
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Tennessee[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]/oceana
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]

Boys
[name]Killian[/name]
Miro
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]River[/name]- couldn’t use w rio.
flynn
atticus

Thank you,
[name]Meryl[/name]

[name]Azalea[/name]: I love this, but I’m wondering if its ending is too close to [name]Lila[/name]. Hmm…Either way, I can see it paired with [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Zephyr[/name], but more easily with [name]Rio[/name].

[name]Paloma[/name]: I so love this! I can see [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Paloma[/name].

[name]Plum[/name]: I can better see some of your other names with [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Zephyr[/name], but can better see [name]Plum[/name] with [name]Zephyr[/name] than [name]Rio[/name].

[name]Thisbe[/name]: I can see [name]Lila[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name], and [name]Thisbe[/name], although I can better see some of your other names with [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Juniper[/name]: [name]How[/name] cute! I can see [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Juniper[/name]. [name]Zephyr[/name] works as well, but then you’ll have two -er names.

[name]Clover[/name]: I can’t see this name with [name]Lila[/name] (pronounced lee-la), [name]Rio[/name], or [name]Zephyr[/name]. It feels very country/vintage to me, and I picture it with names like [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name].

[name]Elettra[/name]: I can see [name]Lila[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name], and [name]Elettra[/name], although I think that [name]Rio[/name] works, too.

[name]Mariposa[/name] nn posy: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Mariposa[/name].

[name]Rose[/name]: I can see [name]Rose[/name] with [name]Lila[/name], but not with [name]Rio[/name] or [name]Zephyr[/name].

[name]Tennessee[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Tennessee[/name]. (Is this for a boy or a girl?)

[name]Neve[/name]: I can see [name]Lila[/name], [name]Neve[/name], and [name]Rio[/name].

[name]Ocean[/name]/oceana: Not with [name]Rio[/name]!

[name]Opal[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name], and [name]Opal[/name], because [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] feels kind of O heavy to me.

[name]Indigo[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name], and [name]Indigo[/name], only because with [name]Rio[/name], you’ll have two -o names.

[name]Saffron[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Saffron[/name].

Boys
[name]Killian[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Killian[/name], and I think that [name]Zephyr[/name] works well, too. (Actually I think it’s better than [name]Rio[/name] here…)
Miro: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name] and Miro, to avoid two names ending in O

[name]Hayes[/name]: [name]Lila[/name], [name]Rio[/name], and [name]Hayes[/name]…

[name]Seamus[/name]: I think some of your other names work better with the names…

[name]River[/name]: I can’t see it with [name]Zephyr[/name] or [name]Rio[/name], because [name]Zephyr[/name] and [name]River[/name] remind me of each other in sound when I say them out loud, and like you said, [name]Rio[/name] and [name]River[/name] won’t work.

Good luck!

thank you [name]Jill[/name] your input really helps a lot.

It’s my pleasure (and a lot of fun)! :slight_smile: You have so many great names on your list, [name]Meryl[/name]!

jill you are also right about azalea and lila being too close. I was just glad to see that you felt like many of my names go with both. I feel like [name]Rio[/name] and zephyr are style wise different and would not make a good sib set.

Oh, I definitely think that a lot of the names work with both! Maybe it’s because I’m so into classic and vintage names, but I honestly think of [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Zephyr[/name] as being similar in style because of their ties to nature. Granted, [name]Zephyr[/name] is a bit more adventurous to me, but I can still see [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Zephyr[/name] as brothers. :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mariposa[/name] nn [name]Posie[/name].

Never heard it, love it.

Ahh! I’m not joking, I’m in love with this name.

thank you meghan, I love [name]Mariposa[/name] as well w the nn posy just have to convince my partner its a cool name. Im glad you ladies think [name]Zephyr[/name] and [name]Rio[/name] could be brothers.