Sibling for Nova and Cleo

Newly pregnant and already stressing about names. We don’t know the gender yet, but I wanted to get opinions so I can start a name list. It always takes us forever to choose, so the earlier the start, the better.

We have two daughters, [name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. If we have a boy, we’re pretty sure his name will be [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], but we also like [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], and [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. I’m keeping an open mind just in case, for some reason, [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] doesn’t feel right or it turns out to be twins (having my first OB appointment later this week).

But girls names are hard! Because I love so many and can’t choose, but then nothing feels real until we know the gender.

[name_f]My[/name_f] current girls list includes:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] (concerned about ending in an O sound since we already have Cleo)
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (a bit too popular for my taste)

So many great names, but which ones fit best with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]? Any other suggestions? I do like short and sweet names, not a fan of nicknames, but I’m open to hearing anything.

1 Like

congratulations! nova & cleo is a fab sibset!

my favorites from your list are opal, rose, and eden, though i do think opal fits best for a sister. for a brother, i adore flynn elliot!

also what i thought of first for you is lumi :snowflake:

good luck!

2 Likes

nova, cleo & eden is my fav from your options!
and for a boy my fav is nova, cleo & river :relieved:
both are loovely names and fit amazing in the sibset

i’ll also suggest sage, kai, rain, alma, aura, dawn, delta, inka, lake, lux, moon, fern, vera, veda & isla

1 Like

[name_u]Vida[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], & [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are my favorite with your sibset

I think [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] would be super handsome with your girls as well

[name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], & _____:

[name_f]Delta[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lula[/name_f]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is handsome. I love [name_u]River[/name_u] & [name_u]Remy[/name_u] from your list too. And [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is nice.

Here are my thoughts if the little one is a girl-

Opal-I don’t mind it, but it’s not my favorite name. I just feel like it sounds sort of heavy, maybe? [name_u]Nova[/name_u] & [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] are more mystical, whereas [name_f]Opal[/name_f] feels kind of dusty.

Iris-I’m not huge on this one either. I love it in theory. It’s vintage & floral & simple & feminine w/out being frilly. All of the good qualities. I just don’t care for the sound.

Ivy-This is a bit spunkier. It fits in well enough.

Rose-I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] a lot. It’s elegant & simple & soft yet bold at the same time. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]? It may be hard to completely avoid an occasional [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

Juno-It does end in the same sound as [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], but I love this as a little sister. It also shares an ‘n’ w/Nova, so that ties those together. This is my favorite for you despite the ‘o’!

Thea-Super sweet & vintage & charming. A little old fashioned. I feel like [name_u]Nova[/name_u] & [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] sparkle more like modern names, but I do personally really like [name_f]Thea[/name_f].

Eden-Ooh, that’s nice. I love the serene vibe it gives.

Vita-Hm. I really like [name_u]Vida[/name_u] more. [name_f]Vita[/name_f] seems harsher.

Ruby-That’s fun & sassy. I think that it fits really well w/your crew.

A few more ideas that you may like-

[name_f]Anya[/name_f]

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]

[name_f]Annis[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]!

[name_f]Elora[/name_f]

[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

[name_u]Skye[/name_u]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ve never heard [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] before and I will add it to my list. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I usually want something more easily recognizable, I do love the meaning.

SOOOO many great suggestions.

Adding:
[name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] (had it on my list for my last pregnancy, but my husband wasn’t into it)
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (Loved this for [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], but ultimately didn’t want to be stuck with a cosmic theme with Nova)

@MichelleM you nailed it on the head with all of those on my list. So many are on there because they fit the parameters I want but they don’t feel exactly right. I love that you verified how much [name_f]Juno[/name_f] fits with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] without sounding too similar. I’ll have to move [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] higher up my list, too.

1 Like

Your girls’ names are dreamy :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] fit well!!

A couple of suggestions

[name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] for a boy, it’s a name I’d use myself! And I like all of your other boy names too, especially [name_u]River[/name_u] & [name_u]Remy[/name_u] with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] & [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

For a girl, all of your options work imo. I think my favourite with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] & [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is [name_u]Eden[/name_u] though. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] too!

Few other ideas (sorry for repeats)
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] or [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Zena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_u]Zoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Indra[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are my favorites for you!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it shares the “o” ending with [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], I think it’s different enough that it fits in nicely. I actually think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is the one from your list that sounds a bit too similar with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], because it shares the same strong “o” beginning as [name_u]Nova[/name_u]. I’m not sure why, but saying [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] trips me up a lot more than saying [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. Similarly, [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] sound a bit too similar to me.

You’ve gotten lots of great suggestions, so here are just a few more that I think would work well with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and Cleo…

[name_f]Yara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
Sable/Sybil
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Hera[/name_f]
Remy/Remi
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] so many new suggestions!! I’m also surprised how much [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is being loved, I don’t know why but it was bottom of my list before but now it’s becoming more interesting and sparkly to me. But my husband JUST told me he has a great-aunt named [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. Don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing. Same with [name_f]Juno[/name_f], I didn’t want to love it because of the O ending but it’s been a fav since my first pregnancy. I think it would be really special to finally have a girl named [name_f]Juno[/name_f].

Though I really like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], it would take [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] of the table if we have a boy in the future and since [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is my favorite boy’s name, I gotta take [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] off my list.

[name_u]Jade[/name_u] is so fantastic, but my niece is named [name_u]Jade[/name_u]. :upside_down_face:

From all the suggestions, I’m gonna add to my list:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] (love this name but when naming [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] I stayed clear of other astrological names, but now it can be back on the table, however it is becoming REALLY popular so I have to decide if that bothers me or not)
[name_f]Hera[/name_f] (love the goddess connection)
[name_u]Vega[/name_u] is really nice!
[name_u]Dove[/name_u] has something special about it.
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]! I forgot this was on my list for [name_u]Nova[/name_u]!
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes:
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Raina[/name_f] (his suggestion when he saw Rain)

1 Like

im loving Juno & Lyra for you!

Cleo, Nova & Juno
Cleo, Nova & Lyra
both fit amazing

i also really like Luna, but sounds a bit similar to Nova for me, and would maybe leave Cleo kinda left out

but i think both Juno & Lyra are beautiful and your husband also likes them

oh and Raina is also lovely, maybe it’s a bit more weird than Cleo & Nova, but i do think it fits!

and for a boy Flynn Elliot is definitely amazing! and i also love River, Jasper & Remy a lot :relieved:

1 Like

nova, cleo + rumi
nova, cleo + ren/wren
nova, cleo + winnie
nova, cleo + lola
nova, cleo + iris

nova, cleo + finn
nova, cleo + sage
nova, cleo + ezra
nova, cleo + sol
nova, cleo + luca

1 Like

Soleil
Wren
Stella
Olive
June
Poppy
Violet
Eve
Arden
Harlow
Clementine
Maeve
Freya
Pearl

1 Like

I love [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] would also be great.

More suggestions:

Rhea-similar to [name_f]Thea[/name_f] but with a more magical sound.
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Demi[/name_f]

[name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_u]Zion[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], and [name_f]Vita[/name_f]!

What about [name_u]Vida[/name_u] or [name_f]Veda[/name_f] (Vay-dah)?

Others:

[name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]

1 Like

Oh wow, SO MANY good suggestions.

I’d never considered [name_f]Lola[/name_f] before but it’s adorable. I also like [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for a mn, [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Demi[/name_f], and [name_u]Milo[/name_u]. There are others I like from the list but I want to stick with recognizable names that are generally easy to spell.

I’m totally open to [name_u]Vida[/name_u] or [name_f]Veda[/name_f]! Both are really nice.

1 Like

From reading through the comments, I have to go with

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] (Saw how you like goddess names with [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_f]Hera[/name_f] so why not go with the Norse goddess of love, war, beauty, fertility, cats and magic? Also it’s my name so I’m a little bit biased lol)
[name_f]Reina[/name_f] (Similar to [name_f]Raina[/name_f] but also makes you think of a queen’s reign)
Perse (short form of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] which is the Greek goddess of springtime and also the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of the Underworld/The Dead)

1 Like

I loooove [name_f]Opal[/name_f] with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]! I don’t think the -o ending on [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is a dealbreaker as the names are otherwise completely different in sound. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as I wouldn’t totally discount [name_f]Thea[/name_f] for being a 4 letter -a ending name like [name_u]Nova[/name_u]. In fact, [name_f]Thea[/name_f] has some nice phonetic links to both of your daughter’s names; the long e sound in [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and the -a ending [name_u]Nova[/name_u], while still sounding totally distinct.

In order of my favorite to least favorite of your list:
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like

One of my daughter’s best friend is named [name_f]Freya[/name_f], otherwise it would be on our list. Their whole family are close friends with us and we’ve known each other since high school. If it was just a random neighbor, I’d definitely add it. But since we’re so close I feel it would be odd. But I do love the name!

So glad to hear that some of my favorite names on my list aren’t too close sounding with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f].

1 Like