Sibling for Owen - Cassian?

So I am trying to find a good sibling name for baby #2. My 7y/o from another marriage is named [name]Owen[/name] with a three syllable last name, which I love because it is easy to pronounce, easy to spell and (wasn’t) too common at the time (I have one of the most common names - [name]Jennifer[/name] - and I want to try to avoid the top names as much as possible without going too off in left field). My new husband and I have a short, one syllable last name, so I think that something two or maybe three syllables would sound better with our last name.

That being said, my husband LOVES Irish names and he has curly hair and I found this name on one of the ‘Should be Hip Lists’ and he totally loves it for a boy:
[name]Cassian[/name] (pron [name]CASH[/name]-en) - meaning curly headed

But he won’t really consider much else! I am not sure how well it goes with [name]Owen[/name], and we have nothing in mind for a girl.
Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated!

The both share the -en ending.

I think their pairing is nice. For me, when I look at the names beside one another, it seems a bit off, but when you pronounce the names they sound nice together.

Irish/Gaelic names;

Boys;
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Oran[/name]
[name]Gerard[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Ciaran[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]

Girls;
[name]Aoife[/name] (EEfa)
[name]Aine[/name] (AWN ya)
[name]Caoimhe[/name] (Kee va)
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Aisling[/name]
[name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Roisin[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Shauna[/name]
[name]Saoirse[/name] (Soar sha)
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Emer[/name]

What do you think?

[name]Cassian[/name] is not an Irish name. It’s derived from the [name]Roman[/name] name [name]Cassius[/name], meaning ‘empty or vain’-- not the best meaning… I do like the name, though I’m not sure it goes well with [name]Owen[/name].

Suggestions:

[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]

Honestly, I think [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Cassian[/name] make for a good pair. I like the way it sounds with [name]Owen[/name] but not necessarily how it looks. [name]Owen[/name], being Scottish, is similar to [name]Cassian[/name] in my mind.

Different sites will give you different meanings and origins. Unless you’re very certain of a names origin (like I know [name]Alexandra[/name] is Greek, [name]Cillian[/name] is Irish, [name]Benjamin[/name] is Hebrew), I wouldn’t rely on some sites and books.

However, I did know a Cashen (female) who was of Irish origin. Their last name was way too Irish for me to remember and I doubt I could spell it. I thought then that it’d make for a nice male name. I always hear my grandparents discussing ‘The Cashen’s’ though it’s probably spelled differently again … so it’s also a surname.

We considered [name]Owen[/name] and these were other names we liked along with it (I’m Irish and love Irish names, as well):
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Carter[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Cillian[/name] (War; strife)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name] (attractive; poet; philosopher)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Brady[/name] (descendent of Bradach)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Conall[/name] (strong wolf)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Donovan[/name] (dark; brown-haired chieftan)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Cormac[/name] (impure son)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Colman[/name]/[name]Coleman[/name] (charcoal burner)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] (derived from…something)
[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] (little seal)

My favorite Irish boy name is [name]Oisin[/name] but that’s way too similar to [name]Owen[/name].