Sibling for Thea-Need some input

I am due with my second child in [name_u]June[/name_u] and we will not find out the gender. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_u]Maria[/name_u] and she turns two in [name_f]April[/name_f].
We have started brainstorming names and these are what we got so far:

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]

[name_u]Alba[/name_u]
[name_f]Malva[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]

Which of these goes best with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have other suggestions?
Keep in mind that we are Swedish and lives in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u].

TIA!

4 Likes

Huge congratulations!

I think another short first name would go best with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Felix[/name_m] & [name_f]Juno[/name_f]!

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] and…

boys

[name_m]Karl[/name_m]
[name_m]Sven[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulrik[/name_m]
[name_m]Nils[/name_m]
[name_m]Edvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m]
[name_m]Knut[/name_m]
[name_m]Klaus[/name_m]
[name_m]Josef[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Olaf[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_m]Rolf[/name_m]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Alf[/name_m]

girls

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Elina[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaja[/name_f]
[name_f]Kajsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Karin[/name_f]
[name_f]Katja[/name_f]
[name_u]Malin[/name_u]
[name_f]Ronja[/name_f]
[name_f]Signe[/name_f]
[name_f]Svea[/name_f]
[name_f]Tove[/name_f]
[name_f]Ylva[/name_f]

Good luck and happy naming!

1 Like

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Emil[/name_m] are lovely!! I enjoy [name_m]Felix[/name_m] too, though I find it a bit close to [name_f]Thea[/name_f] in sound so maybe as a middle? [name_u]Axel[/name_u] also works well!!

I love [name_u]Alba[/name_u] with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]! Both are so happy and lovely! [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are great too!

I’ll throw in the suggestions of

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_u]Isak[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

2 Likes

Congratulations on your newest family member. You have a great list so far. I’m really enjoying the softer sounds with [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and so my picks would be [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_m]Emil[/name_m]. I’m also quite charmed by [name_f]Malva[/name_f]. I hope you give her further consideration.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a good match stylistically but the ‘f’ and ‘th’ sounds are very similar to my ear and both emphasise the long ‘e’ sound. I would inevitably rule this one out but you might feel differently.

I notice the ‘l’ sound features in six names on your list so I wonder if [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Ralf[/name_m], [name_u]Noel[/name_u], [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Olin[/name_m] or [name_f]Ruel[/name_f] would appeal. The ‘x’ and ‘c’ also appears more than once so you might like [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Marco[/name_m] or [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. I will also suggest [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_m]Fabian[/name_m], [name_m]Benno[/name_m] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u].

Starting with the ‘l’ sound I’ll suggest [name_f]Zelie[/name_f], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_u]Holly[/name_u]. I also think [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_u]Alma[/name_u], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Ilse[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] from your usercard would be lovely with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. I will also suggest [name_f]Lois[/name_f], [name_f]Minna[/name_f], [name_f]Doris[/name_f], [name_f]Reba[/name_f], [name_f]Bruna[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_f]Inga[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] are my favorite with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]

1 Like

First of all, congratulations!

I think all the names on your list have a nice flow with big sister [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]: both names are short and feminine, but they also feel strong.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] & [name_m]Felix[/name_m]: both names got this classic vibe without being too popular.

1 Like

@missniwalyra Thank you so much! I love the suggestions of [name_m]Edvin[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Nils[/name_m], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], [name_f]Ronja[/name_f], [name_f]Signe[/name_f] and [name_f]Ylva[/name_f].

@Greyblue Thank you for some great suggestions! I really like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Indie[/name_u], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_u]Isak[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u].

@kachenka Thank you so much for your input, I appreciate it a lot! Of your suggestions, I love [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Ralf[/name_m], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_u]Alma[/name_u], [name_f]Ilse[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are my favourites with [name_f]Thea[/name_f] !

If I were to suggest any names it would be [name_m]Ivor[/name_m] and [name_m]Maxim[/name_m]

1 Like

I love all your boy names with [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of your girl names are [name_u]Alba[/name_u], [name_f]Malva[/name_f], & [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I also thought [name_f]Ada[/name_f] was nice with [name_f]Thea[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] best! What about [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m]?

1 Like