Sibling for Wyatt and Liam...help!

We are having our third child in 3 weeks and need help with names. Our sons are [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. Their middle names are after their grandfathers. We do not know the baby’s gender. Some rules for names: can not start or end with “R” and can not end with the “ie” or “y” sound. Any ideas for us? We are not set on keeping with a family middle name. Here are some of the names we are considering.

Boys:
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]

Girls:
[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]

Thanks for your help!

Boys:
[name]Owen[/name]: I love [name]Owen[/name]. It’s really popular, which may or may not bother you. I do think it works really well with your boys’ names.

[name]Beckett[/name]: I like [name]Beckett[/name], too, but with a little [name]Wyatt[/name], that double t ending feels repetitive to me.

[name]Jonas[/name]: With the popularity of the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers, I’d personally skip this one.

[name]Levi[/name]: For me, the Biblical [name]Levi[/name] doesn’t fit with the more modern [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]. It’s also too close to [name]Liam[/name] for me, with the [name]Lee[/name] sound at the beginning.

[name]Gavin[/name]: I do think [name]Gavin[/name] fits…

Girls:
[name]Lyla[/name]: I think [name]Lila[/name] is really pretty, and I can definitely see a little [name]Lila[/name] with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]. (I’d use the [name]Lila[/name] spelling to avoid repetitive [name]Ly[/name] and Wy spellings.) Wait. I’m not sure about the long I sound with [name]Wyatt[/name]. They’re pretty similar in sound.

[name]Melina[/name]: For me, the exotic [name]Melina[/name] doesn’t fit with your boys’ names. When I say [name]Melina[/name] followed by [name]Liam[/name] (or the other way around), it’s a bit of a tongue twister for me!

[name]Juliet[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name], but I’m not sure I like it with your boys’ names. I think it’s a bit too formal/serious for [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], and also has the T ending.

[name]Lucia[/name]: See [name]Melina[/name]…I’d suggest [name]Lucy[/name], but that breaks the rule.

[name]Calla[/name]: I think [name]Calla[/name] is pretty, and I can see a little [name]Calla[/name] with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name].

[name]Kendall[/name]: I’m personally not a [name]Kendall[/name] fan, but I can see a [name]Kendall[/name] with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name].

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Liam[/name], and:

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] (less formal than [name]Juliet[/name])
[name]Mae[/name]/[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] ([name]Tori[/name] Spelling has a [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Stella[/name], which may or may not bother you)
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]

Boys:
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])
[name]Xavier[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

i vote for [name]Owen[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] added these:

[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Owen[/name] or [name]Gavin[/name] for a boy!

[name]Kendall[/name] for a girl!

[name]Jill[/name], you are SO good. Of your suggestions, I think either [name]Calvin[/name] or [name]Quinn[/name] would be adorable with a [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], and for a girl I think [name]Fiona[/name] would be a perfect fit! Great ideas.

I like all of your boy names with the exception of [name]Jonas[/name] because of the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers association. I my favorite is [name]Owen[/name] because it ties in the Irish feel of [name]Liam[/name] to the rugged, “w” sound of [name]Wyatt[/name].

My favorite for a girl is [name]Kendall[/name]. It would be feminine enough to distinguish her from the boys, yet not so frilly that she doesn’t fit in.

[name]Maxwell[/name]?