Sibling name for 3 boys

We have 3 boys, an older son and twins. Their names are
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]

We need inspiration for classic boy or girl names to match them

I like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] for a boy
I really like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] but am afraid of the initials “BJ”

I have name regret with my oldest and really wish we would have named him [name_m]John[/name_m] and nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but my husband has gone by his middle name his entire life and hated the explanation that goes along with that. Therefore I’m afraid that something like [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] may be too formal

For a girl, [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I’m dying for a daughter but struggling to even choose name choices as I keep telling myself this is another boy. I was hoping to use the middle name [name_u]Anne[/name_u], but not 100% tied to that.

Benjamin [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds great!

I like all of those girl choices, and [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would sound nice with any of them. I know you were hoping for something more helpful, but I think you’ll be fine whatever you choose.

1 Like

I was friends with a [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] J at school and can confirm, we did (playfully) rib him a bit for it. It’s not really a deal-breaker though, imo. Middle names don’t come up much. Of your girl choices, I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] the best. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would be pretty :blush:

[name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] and…
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

1 Like

Charles [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

Elizabeth [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

My mom and nephew both have the initials BJ. My mom got razzed about it during the '60s and '70s, but neither my mom nor my brother and sister-in-law (my nephew is 4 and about to turn 5) have any problem with the initials now. Most kids won’t understand the meaning of the abbreviation when they are most apt to tease, and shouldn’t pose much of an issue now.

Congratulations on your fourth baby. I think you already have a terrific list of names for both genders. I’m interested in your comments on [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] though. It sounds like you actually prefer names in the formal style but you made an exception when you named [name_m]Jack[/name_m] to avoid the frustrations your husband faced using a name other than his official first name. So you’d love to use [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] but you’re concerned about sibling names feeling mismatched.

I see what you mean, but at the same time, I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s the kind of thing you notice in the throes of a difficult decision but disappears afterwards. I can’t think of any practical reasons why siblings called [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] would cause a problem, or any other names on your list for that matter which are equally full length, formal names. So if [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] turn out to be your favourites, I encourage you to look past that concern.

With that said, let’s go to suggestions. There have been some wonderful names suggested, in particular I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] for you. I can also think of a few more names that would suit the classic, timeless style of your children’s names.

Samuel, [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Phillip[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]Timothy[/name_u], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_m]Leonard[/name_m], [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Stephen[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

Marion, [name_u]Simone[/name_u], [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

1 Like

I agree, I wouldn’t want to use BJ as initials either. [name_m]Way[/name_m] too much teasing would go on in my family.

From your list I suggest [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]. And I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

1 Like

I have a few comments on each of your names.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]- It is a classic and I do think it fits your sib set. For [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] as the middle name, I think it would be fine because how many people are going to know his middle name?
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m]- I think they all fit your sib set as well.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]- This one does seem like a classic and I like it, but it is very strange considering [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] and [name_u]George[/name_u].
For girls…
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]- It’s very elegant and I really like it, probably my second favorite out of your list.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- I’ve always liked [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but it is popular these days and I do not think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] flows as well as the other names. I also could not stop thinking about the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] family when hearing [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] together.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]- [name_f]My[/name_f] first choice out of your list. I think [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is adorable and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is elegant and fits your sib set.
Hearing these names, I also thought of [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Mara[/name_f] and [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. Good luck and wonderful names, btw.

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] throwing out some suggestions for you!
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

Jack, [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] and