Sibling name for Henry Duke

Our son is named Henry Duke and we’re torn on girl names.

Current top contenders:

Genevieve
Blair Eloise
Willa Blair/Mae
Flora Blair/Mae
Eloise Blair

I’ve always loved Eloise but realize it’s gotten popular. I really like somewhat whimsical names and something slightly unique.

My husband is in love with Willa Mae but our last name starts with W and overall it feels like a cowboy-type name to me. Quirky and cute, but potentially too much.

I love whimsical girl names! The first suggestion I immediately thought of for you, if you like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but are worried about popularity, is [name_f]Elowen[/name_f].

Our has a very similar sound to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], but is decibel less common. It does get mentioned a lot on Nameberry, but I’ve yet to encounter it in real life, so I don’t think popularity should be too much of a worry.

[name_f]My[/name_f] one concern is that it feels very different to me than [name_u]Henry[/name_u], so I’m not sure it’s the right first name for his sister. But as a middle for [name_u]Blair[/name_u] . . . I think it’s perfect! [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] & [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_u]Duke[/name_u] sounds delightful.

1 Like

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is prefect!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] second pick would be [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]? It’s like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but she’ll be able to spell it before third grade.
[name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] make a very nice sibset.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] votes are for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!

1 Like

What about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]?

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t go with a W name with your last name also starting with W. I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and I think it sounds cute with [name_u]Henry[/name_u], too. I’m partial to the name [name_u]Blair[/name_u] (it’s my daughter’s name), but I’m not sure it meshes incredibly well with [name_u]Henry[/name_u]. [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sound the best together out of your list, imo.

2 Likes

ooh agree! I love the suggestion of [name_f]Geneva[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but if you’re not sure about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] with your surname and you’re worried about Eloise’s popularity then [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is perfect. It’s whimsical, not too popular, and it goes beautifully with [name_u]Henry[/name_u]. I personally prefer [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is lovely too.

I’m not sure if you’re looking for suggestions but some other names you may like are:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]!

1 Like

These are great suggestions and I agree with [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! It continues to win me over.