Sibling name poll

See the results of this poll: Do the names Kelsie, Macey,Isla and Eli work for sibling names?

Respondents: 21 (This poll is closed)

• Yes! : 8 (38%)
  • No: 13 (62%)

For me, [name]Eli[/name] sticks out like a sore thumb but that’s just me (I have a strange habit of grouping names into style sibsets).

I see [name]Kelsie[/name] and [name]Macey[/name] are siblings and [name]Isla[/name] would fit too. But [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are too matchy in sound and [name]Eli[/name] is a Biblical name and the others are more contemporary in style.

I mean, certainly anything goes if you want. But [name]Kelsey[/name] and [name]Macey[/name] seem like contemporary and more trendy (or perhaps past trendy names; as a “quarter-lifer” I know a lot of Kelseys and Maceys my age and not so many young children with those names). [name]Isla[/name] seems vintage and sweet. [name]Eli[/name] is very Biblical to me. I also agree that [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are too similar for siblings.

I voted yes, but I am not a fan of [name]Eli[/name]. Too biblical!

I voted yes. However, I wanted to mention that my (long distance) sister-in-law’s little girl is [name]Isla[/name] and the kids in school tease her about her name. I’m not sure why but it has something to do with the spelling of her name.

Thanks! I have the three girls already and looking for a boys name for baby number 4. Any suggestions?

I agree with PP that [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are a little too similar sounding. What about some of these names:

[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] (though this may be just a tiny bit too close to [name]Isla[/name])
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]

I agree that [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are similar, that is my concern. I like [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name], will add those to my list. Thanks!