Sibling Names for Avery Virginia and Charlotte Josephine

We have two little girls, [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. We have just decided to TTC for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #3 and I cannot help but start thinking about names.

We use family names as middle names and already have #3’s MN picked out, [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] for a boy.

Names we have had on our lists in the past have been, for boys: [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. For girls, well, that is where it gets especially hard. We went with names that we loved as FN’s and didn’t focus heavily on “matching.”

Thanks for your help!

As for boy names I like [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] the best.

Girl names are difficult as your daughters have different name styles. While [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is fresh, modern and takes place in the unisex name category, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is traditional and used exclusively for girls. And both names are in the Top 100.
Here are my ideas:
[ul]

[/ul]

Good luck!

I love your names. Great choices.

For your boys names I like [name_u]Reed[/name_u] or [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Miles[/name_m] but I wonder if [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is hard to say and I think [name_m]Graham[/name_m] doesn’t flow as well with your two girls.

[name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
Are really cute

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a family name for me as well. It was my grandmothers name. She was [name_f]Maria[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

Some other combos that I thought might work well with 3 syllable [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I liked the suggestions of [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I think any of the names you listed would sound great with [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] also sound good with [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]; [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is okay, but I don’t like that they both end in S.

For girl names, I see where other people might think [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are of different “styles,” but I see them as kind of similar. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] can be unisex, but [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is the feminine version of [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. Also, [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is a feminine name, while [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is also the feminine form of [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] feel like sweet Southern [name_f]Belle[/name_f] names, they feel a little modern, but ultimately are traditional names that have all been used for a long time.

I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] a lot as a middle and I think it works very well, considering your other girls’ names.

I starred my favorites:
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]***
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]*
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]*

With these, I think [name_f]Louise[/name_f] would sound better, only because they end in A, but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] would sound good too:
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]*
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]***
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]*
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

Out of the names you listed I like [name_m]Miles[/name_m] with [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] would be a really cute nickname.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

[name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]

Middle name of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] with sisters [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]? I’ll toss these into the mix:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Natalya[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

Wow!!! Thank you all so much. I am going to print these off and look over it more closely and then respond.

I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I actually had [name_f]Maren[/name_f] on the short list before we had [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] named her daughter something very similar which now makes [name_f]Maren[/name_f] not a possibility for us.

Thank you!

I like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

Thank you!

I agree with you, regarding the styles of [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. We live in the South so their names have always struck me as “Southern.” There is also a bit of spunk to both [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I had never thought about both [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] being the feminine forms of male names, though.

I really like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. Could I use [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]? [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are pretty much the same name, aren’t they? I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!

Thank you!

I have tried to name each one of our daughters [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but my husband will not go for it. Sigh! I really like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but I think I prefer [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

We love [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. That would have been [name_u]Avery[/name_u]'s name had she been a boy. I like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], too…but for a girl. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

Thanks!

I love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f]!

Thank you!

You’re doing a great job picking from these awesome lists!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a great choice for you, I think. To me it kind of spans the differences between [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. (Although I agree with another poster that I don’t see your daughters’ names as being that stylistically different).
Too bad about [name_f]Maren[/name_f], that is a good fit too.
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (instead of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f])
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_f]Hayley[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] (with [name_f]Louise[/name_f])
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_f]Maura[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]

From your boys list, I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is one of my favorite names but I don’t think it flows as well with [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]. If that doesn’t matter to you because of the family signficance of [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] then I would go with [name_m]Miles[/name_m] as it’s so handsome, fits any type of boy, and grows up well. And [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is adorable nn!

Aww, that sucks about [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. It goes really well with your girls. What about [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Elin[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]?

I agree with you, regarding the styles of Avery and Charlotte. We live in the South so their names have always struck me as “Southern.” There is also a bit of spunk to both Avery and Charlotte. I had never thought about both Charlotte and Josephine being the feminine forms of male names, though.

I really like Violet Louisa. Could I use Caroline? Charlotte and Caroline are pretty much the same name, aren’t they? I love Amelia and Eliza!

Thank you!

I still think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] would be great for you! I love that it shares sounds with [name_u]Avery[/name_u] (the V) and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (-let ending). I also love [name_u]Harper[/name_u] because it shares the hard R with both, and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] both me the same spunky, Southern sweet feeling [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] do.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are both from [name_m]Charles[/name_m] - so no, thinking about it more, I probably wouldn’t use them together (though unless you pointed it out, many people probably would not realize it) even though they sound so nice.

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] more with your girls than [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], only because it’s a little more spunky and Southern and sweet; also, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] would have A names and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would have a C name. I know I suggested both [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], but if you can avoid singling out one child’s name as the “different” one, then I would. I am the only girl in a group of four sisters with a name that doesn’t end in the -ee sound, and I felt a little odd growing up, even though I do love my name now and I appreciate that it doesn’t sound “nicknamey.”

Sorry if this is a ridiculously long response! Good luck!

So I am commenting a bit late but I have a daughter named [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and my husband and I have struggled with ideas for naming a second daughter. I think [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] go well together.
[name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest:
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
(I realize not all of these would flow best with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] but I’m suggesting them anyway)

I too like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].
And I like all your boys names (Except [name_m]Grant[/name_m] but that a personal thing not a style thing. It still goes well with your girls names)