Sibling names for Hermione?

I really love the name [name]Hermione[/name] but was having trouble thinking of sibling names to go with it.

Would I have to stick with the Greek theme you think? Or is that too matchy? because I also love the names [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] for girls but is that sibset just too much?

I am having a harder time coming up with boy names that I think fit with [name]Hermione[/name]. Obviously nothing from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. So far I have come up with [name]Silas[/name] but that is it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I don’t think that sticking in the same culture of names is too matchy-matchy at all. I tend not to like alliteration myself ([name]Helena[/name] would fall in this category), but that’s a personal preference. Some people love it.

[name]Ariadne[/name] is another movie heroine that’s gaining ground in the name world, also Greek.

I had a lot of fun with this list. I put [name]Hermione[/name] into Nymbler and got tons of cool suggestions, and naturally most of them did sound very [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]-esque.

Girls-
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Iolanthe[/name]

Boys-
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Marcellus[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Erasmus[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]

I love [name]Hermione[/name].

I’m not too big on the matchy-matchy names for siblings but sticking to the same origin isn’t too matchy. [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] are too sing-songy and rhymey for my tastes and in mythology, [name]Hermione[/name] was the daughter of [name]Helen[/name], so [name]Helena[/name] would be out for me. I wouldn’t do any other mythology names (which does eliminate a lot of HP names and astronomical ones). I would go with something you love, either way. [name]Don[/name]'t say you’re sticking strictly with Greek names because I think you can pair [name]Hermione[/name] with surprisingly a lot.

Now, I’m not really researching these to see if they fall into the mythology, Greek, HP, astronomical category.
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] (I actually really like this)
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] (A little too [name]Shakespeare[/name] or utterly gorgeous?)
[name]Hermione[/name] and Charotte
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] ([name]Love[/name])
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Celia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Lena[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Adela[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name]

[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] are great. I love both.

[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Linus[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] (loveee)
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] (also love)
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Barnabas[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Adam[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]August[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Augusten[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Harrison[/name] (Too much? [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]?)
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Callum[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Christian[/name]

Wow what a great list! From the girls I like [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Portia[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]. I like [name]Minerva[/name] but can’t use it because two kids with [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] names are too much. She is a pretty big character as well.

From the boys list I really love [name]Leander[/name] but a very minor character in HP is named [name]Lysander[/name]- do you think thats calling it too close? I also really like [name]Matthias[/name] (but how is it pronounced? Like math-ee-us or math-eye-us?) and [name]Oliver[/name] but husband hates it which is a shame because it’s even a family name! :frowning:

Thanks so much for the suggestions! [name]Do[/name] you guys think [name]Silas[/name] “goes” with [name]Hermione[/name] as well? any other boy name suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

@ [name]Alexandra[/name]

Thanks for the list as well! I have always really liked [name]Clara[/name] and now that you mention it it could be really pretty paired with [name]Hermione[/name] :slight_smile:

For the boys I love [name]Sebastian[/name] (husband hates it) and [name]Lucian[/name] (husband loves). [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lucian[/name] is too close to [name]Lucius[/name]? as in [name]Lucius[/name] Malfoy? I don’t want people thinking I am just some [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] nerd freak who is naming all her kids after the series! I just really love a lot of the names from that book!

By the way, [name]Hermione[/name] is gorgeous. ^-^ Anyhow, now to business.

I’d love to see a [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] - I don’t think those are too matchy at all, and have the subtle connection. I’m not sure about [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] for some reason, but I like it nonetheless; I have a great love for both names. Okay, so let’s see. A list of boys and girls names to go with [name]Hermione[/name]…

Girls:
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ghislaine[/name]
Tisiphone
[name]Caterina[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Dorotea[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
Ysuelt/ [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] (love [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name])
[name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Ursuline[/name]
Cleophee
Csilla
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Eglantine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Ottoline[/name]
[name]Faustine[/name]

Boys:
Lupin
[name]Ira[/name]
[name]Idris[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]/ [name]Damian[/name]/ [name]Damien[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
Chrysanthos
[name]Lucian[/name]/ [name]Lucien[/name]/ [name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Gregori[/name]
[name]Jerome[/name]
[name]Faust[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
Merrick
[name]Finnigan[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Ionel[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Merlin[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think [name]Hermione[/name] is fun, and just because it is a mythological and [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] name doesn’t mean people shouldn’t use it. I think it is wonderful that you’d like to use it! Now, I really take issue with sibling names beginning with the same letter when not all of them do, so I wouldn’t use [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] together, unless you only had those two children. [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] feel a little sing-song-y to me, honestly, because they have similar sounds. They do fit well together, style-wise, though.

([name]Just[/name] a side note - how are you pronouncing [name]Helena[/name]? I say it like [name]Helen[/name] with an “ah” sound at the end. I think [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is an absolutely gorgeous name, so I just wanted to throw that option out to you. You could give each of your children an alliterative name featuring something a little more out-there and something more classic…)

[name]Hermione[/name] and …

[name]Adora[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Bellatrix[/name] - Ha! I’m absolutely kidding, but [name]Bellatrix[/name] is a fun one, right?
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Celestia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Evangelina[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name] - [name]Ginny[/name]? I guess this one’s out, too! Sorry.
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Paulina[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

For boys, [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] fit very well style-wise, I think. I do worry about [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] having the same I sound, but it isn’t a huge deal, I suppose. More ideas:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Nicolas[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for the suggestions! I love the suggestion of [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Helena[/name]! that is so pretty :slight_smile: And spiderwed your suggestion of [name]Ursuline[/name] reminded me of the name [name]Ursula[/name] which I have always thought was pretty- but most can’t seem to get the purple octopus association out of their head :frowning: Too bad because the sibset [name]Ursula[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] could be really cute. [name]Do[/name] you think the initials HHN are weird though for [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Helena[/name]? I am weird about initials because I like embroidering things like towels and pillows .

From the girls’ list I like [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name] the best. Husband hates [name]Imogen[/name] and loves [name]Beatrix[/name] and is “thinking about” [name]Isadora[/name]. Which of those names do you like best? Another name I like is [name]Calista[/name] which is also Greek. I asked in yahoo if they liked the set of [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Calista[/name] and someone replied that it looked like I was “trying to hard” whatever that means. [name]Do[/name] you think they make a bad match?

For the boys I love [name]Matthias[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (still trying to get husband on board for that one). We recently discovered a boy’s name we both love (which is SHOCKING) which is [name]Thaddeus[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you guys think that name goes well with [name]Hermione[/name]? If you only answer one question this is it! please! [name]Do[/name] [name]Thaddeus[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] make a cute sibset. Oh we also like [name]Cyrus[/name] but worried about the [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] association.

Thanks you guys!

[name]Hi[/name]!

No, I don’t think [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Calista[/name] looks like you’re trying too hard. They make a nice sibling set, I think. I love [name]Beatrix[/name] most out of [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] as a set sound more whimsical-vintage than quirky-mythological, so that may give you more breathing room as far as potential siblings. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is on my own list for a future child, but I still love [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Helena[/name]. And, no, I see nothing wrong with HHN as initials…

As for boys, I think both [name]Matthias[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are great! I’m partial to [name]Theodore[/name] - it’s one of my favorites - and I love the sound of [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Thaddeus[/name] is fun, too! I’d usually say that [name]Thaddeus[/name] has a bit of a Colonial feel to it for me, and thus I could best see [name]Thaddeus[/name] alongside a sister called [name]Felicity[/name] or something, but [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Thaddeus[/name] is certainly an intriguing set! I definitely think you could get away with that!

Thanks again for the reply. I am glad you think [name]Calista[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] make a cute sibset. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] is a combo I have always loved and think it goes with [name]Hermione[/name] beautifully :slight_smile:

But UGH husband is being so difficult! He now says he won’t agree to [name]Hermione[/name] if it means we can’t possibly use the name [name]Rosemary[/name] for another daughter (he doesn’t really get the whole matching sibset thing). Is that name just awful with [name]Hermione[/name] in you guys’ opinion? Or would the sibset [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Maud[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Helen[/name] be a nice combination? Note: I just made those middle names up on the fly just now- they are in no way shape or form set in stone and I am sure DH will veto them but I am just trying to get the style written out to get your opinion :slight_smile:

mini update: Husband has just informed me that the name [name]Eloise[/name] has grown on him and he likes it better than [name]Rosemary[/name].

I like the combination [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] but does [name]Eloise[/name] not really fit with [name]Hermione[/name]? What middle names do you like with [name]Hermione[/name]?

Oh, yes, [name]Eloise[/name] is better than [name]Rosemary[/name]! [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] just wasn’t working so well for me. [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] is unexpected, yes, but I kind of like it… :slight_smile:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is nice! Hm. [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Celia[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Julia[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]?

Thank you for your kind response! I really like [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]- that is so perfect! I have a feeling husband won’t like it, as he refused the name [name]Matilda[/name] as a first :frowning:

Now that I read [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] I think I may want something a little spunkier in the middle. I suggested [name]Plum[/name] in the middle spot for both [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] but the husband just laughed and said it was ridiculous. What do you think about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]? I looove the name [name]Clementine[/name] but DH doesn’t like it enough for a first but may agree to it in the middle spot. Is the flow off do you think?

I think [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] have too much of the same “eh” sound, honestly. What about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]? There is a [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Plum[/name] - that way, if you really want to, you can sneak in [name]Plum[/name] as a special mother-daughter nickname…

I think mirabelle is really pretty but it’s too close to my name [name]Annabel[/name]. I also have a sister named [name]Abigail[/name] so that’s enough rhymy names for one family :wink:

What about the middle name Pomeline? [name]Line[/name] not leen. [name]Eloise[/name] Pomeline? [name]Beatrix[/name] Pomeline? [name]Hermione[/name] Pomeline? Any of those combinations sound good?

I get the spunkiness of plum in the pom part and the line sound I love at the end. I know a princess of Monaco has the name Pomeline in a middle spot and I always thought it was pretty.

Sorry for any typos I’m on my phone.

Yes, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Marie[/name] Pomeline Casiraghi, granddaughter of [name]Grace[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]. That’s an interesting one! Not even on NB!

[name]Beatrix[/name] Pomeline is my favorite, though [name]Eloise[/name] Pomeline is a second. [name]Hermione[/name] Pomeline just doesn’t sound right to me. And you like [name]Clementine[/name], right? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] are cute. You could start an -ine theme!

[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] Pomeline, and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]?

I think I like [name]Eloise[/name] Pomeline the best. Husband says the only other “line” name he likes is [name]Madeline[/name], but it would constantly get pronounced as “lyn” which I hate.

Still searching for that perfect quirky middle spot to go with [name]Hermione[/name] :expressionless: Husband didn’t like [name]Matilda[/name].

I am still thinking about the first name [name]Beatrix[/name]. I love the way it is spelled and the quirky x at the end but I don’t just love it love it. Maybe in a middle spot for [name]Hermione[/name]? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]? It’s a shame because it’s one of the few names my husband really loves and I am trying to let it grow on me!

Sorry to bring this thread back up but would the potential sibling name [name]Adelaide[/name] be too different to use with [name]Hermione[/name]? Or [name]Augusta[/name]? Because I really do love those names (especially [name]Augusta[/name]) and would hate to feel they are “locked out” if I use [name]Hermione[/name].

The more we talk about it the more we really think we want to use [name]Hermione[/name]- I really appreciate everyone’s feedback so far on the name! I am not going to even mention the name to friends and family because I know they are going to HATE it :frowning: I hope it is something they get over.

Also, is the nickname [name]Maya[/name] too much of a stretch for [name]Hermione[/name] you think?

Hm. I wouldn’t personally think to pair [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name], to be honest with you. It’s not that I don’t think they’d work, but they don’t seem like the most likely of pairings. I noticed that you’d toyed with the idea of [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], which I love, but maybe you’d like [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]? [name]Beatrix[/name] makes a good sister for [name]Hermione[/name], too, in my opinion, and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] would be cute…

[name]Maya[/name] for [name]Hermione[/name]? It doesn’t seem like too, too much of a stretch, but it might not be natural for many people. Also, and maybe this is just me, the thought of shortening [name]Hermione[/name], an unusual, intriguing choice, to something as commonplace as [name]Maya[/name] seems a bit sad. If you called your daughter [name]Maya[/name] in the park, nobody would know how beautiful and alluring her name really is! And, I say this with no offense intended to [name]Maya[/name] as a name. It’s just a thought.