Sibling names for Susanna Lake

My husband and I just welcomed our baby girl, [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Lake[/name], in [name]September[/name]. Of course, I am already creating names for her future sibling(s) and need your advice, as you were so instrumental in selecting our daughter’s name.

Meanings are important to us, as are the potential for a cute nickname. We call [name]Susanna[/name] ‘[name]Zuzu[/name]’ and love that she has a solid, strong first name and spunky nickname. For middle names we tend to like names/words that have some personal meaning (eg - ‘[name]Lake[/name]’ after the location of our honeymoon!). For our next child we are considering Southern Californian/Central [name]California[/name] Coast themes, in honor of the location of our engagement.

Favorites for First Name, Girl:

[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Indira[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Ynez[/name]/[name]Ines[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] (my husband hates this name, but I love it!)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (my grandmother’s name, nickname - [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Libby[/name])
[name]Katherine[/name] (nickname - [name]Kate[/name], I think this might be too common)

For middle names (girls), we are considering:

[name]Sage[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Ynez[/name]/[name]Ines[/name]

Favorites for First Name, Boys:

[name]Julian[/name] (Is this getting too common?)
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]

For middle names (boys), we are considering:

[name]West[/name]
[name]Sage[/name] (only with a strong first name)
[name]Wilder[/name]

We welcome any/all suggestions and combinations!

Thank you :smiley:

Out of the girls first names I liked these best:

[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]

For girls middle names my favorite is [name]Sage[/name].

Favorites for boys first names:

[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]

I don’t like [name]Sage[/name] as a boy’s name, even in the middle. It sounds too much like [name]Paige[/name]. My favorite boys middle name is [name]Wilder[/name].

These are my favorite names from your list in no particular order:

[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Ines[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Ines[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]

[name]Mirabel[/name] - beautiful! [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Sage[/name] is fantastic.
[name]Coralie[/name] - [name]Coralie[/name] [name]West[/name] is gorgeous
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Josie[/name] or Phina would be cute
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - love [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Libby[/name]!
[name]Katherine[/name] - what about [name]Kit[/name]?

I think [name]Sage[/name] would work beautifully for most of the girl names you have.

[name]Wesley[/name] - I love this one with [name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] - love it! This would also work really well. [name]Theodore[/name] [name]West[/name] would be great
[name]Miles[/name] - you could use [name]Milo[/name] as a nn for [name]Miles[/name] or Mill as well
[name]Cole[/name] - great name, rarely heard these days
[name]Everett[/name] - [name]Everett[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] would be very cool

Other options for middles:
Avila (for the beach)
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] (common in the [name]Ynez[/name] area)
[name]Simeon[/name] (san simeon)
[name]Drake[/name] (bay)
[name]Ansel[/name] (for [name]Adams[/name] who explored much of the area)
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Rafael[/name] (for the san rafael mountains)

kala_way beat me to it, but I was also going to recommend [name]Cambria[/name] and Avila. :slight_smile: [name]Cambria[/name] is especially lovely. [name]Marin[/name] is a little further north, but still beautiful.

[name]Mirabel[/name]: I don’t love names that end with “bel”, but I like that this one is unique.
[name]Coralie[/name]: Very pretty
[name]Margot[/name]: Not my favorite because I have a hard time seeing it on a little girl.
[name]Indira[/name]: Very fun and spunky!
[name]India[/name]: I like [name]Indira[/name] better.
[name]Josephine[/name]: This is all the rage on Nameberry, but I just can’t get behind it. Doesn’t sound pretty to me.
[name]Phoebe[/name]: Fun! the little phoebe birds are so cute.
[name]Daphne[/name]: I like [name]Daphne[/name] better than [name]Phoebe[/name] I think. It feels natural and pretty, but a bit airy.
[name]Dahlia[/name]: I strongly associate this name with one ethnic group, not sure if it actually is more common there.
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]: Feels incomplete, but so pretty.
[name]Ynez[/name]/[name]Ines[/name]:
[name]Geneva[/name]: Very pretty, but European, not [name]California[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] (my husband hates this name, but I love it!)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (my grandmother’s name, nickname - [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Libby[/name]): I like [name]Libby[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] (nickname - [name]Kate[/name], I think this might be too common): As a [name]Kate[/name], I can tell you it is the best of names to carry. I knew a lot of Kates in high school, but as soon as I went to college I met none and still know none. I think it was just popular in my hometown.

I love [name]Julian[/name], [name]Milo[/name]/[name]Miles[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]) from your boys.

I would encourage you to look into names of [name]California[/name] writers if you want to honor [name]California[/name]. For example: [name]Mary[/name] [name]Austin[/name], [name]John[/name] Steinbeck, [name]Robinson[/name] [name]Jeffers[/name], [name]Bret[/name] [name]Easton[/name] [name]Ellis[/name] (yuck, but cool name), [name]Kate[/name] Wiggin, [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name] [name]Royce[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Miller[/name], [name]John[/name] [name]Muir[/name].

My favorite of your choices is [name]Indira[/name] [name]West[/name]. Cute nn possibility: [name]Indie[/name]. Mostly I just wanted to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] your first daughter’s name, [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Lake[/name]. I didn’t catch that birth announcement, but what a wonderful name! So happy to see [name]Susanna[/name] being used. [name]Susanna[/name] and [name]Indira[/name] would be lovely together!