Sibling names for Walter!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys, expecting our this year, have a son called [name_m]Walter[/name_m] already and want some sibling name advice please.
Have a few boys names I love but can’t decide on a girl’s name.

I particularly love girls names ending in Y or IE

Top runners in order are:
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] - but reading a lot of negative connotations with this name (the german mythology :sob:)
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - does this sound funny with [name_m]Walter[/name_m]?
[name_u]Remi[/name_u]
Mahli
Eleyna

Please give me any input and/or suggestions!
Thank you :heart:

Here’s some suggestions:

[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Judy[/name_f]
[name_f]Jovie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]

Thank you I don’t mind some of those

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] - I’m not a fan of this name, something about the spelling just bothers me personally. However, it definitely isn’t because of [name_m]German[/name_m] mythology - I had to search it up to see what it was, so it definitely isn’t an instant association (like [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] or Casanova). Because of this, I wouldn’t let that bother you! It’s become fairly modern and has lost most of those associations; its main one now would be [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls. Nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is so adorable by the way.

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] - This is my favourite name from your list! So feminine and sweet, yet spunky and strong. Bon Bon is a cute nickname for home. I love this.

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - I do see what you mean with it next to [name_m]Walter[/name_m], but they don’t look alike at all if that’s any consolation. Sound wise, I can hear it… but if you love [name_f]Elora[/name_f], you can still definitely get away with it in my opinion. In regards to [name_f]Elora[/name_f] itself, I think it’s a beautiful, floral, light name with a nice flow.

[name_u]Remi[/name_u] - I’m a big [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] fan, so when I hear [name_u]Remi[/name_u], I think [name_m]Remus[/name_m], so I can only imagine this on a boy! It is adorable though, and I think it could be cute for a girl. It’s a little nicknamey though.

Mahli - I don’t mind this, and I actually prefer this spelling to [name_f]Mali[/name_f]. There’s just something about the sound that doesn’t quite sit right for me, but it is sweet.

Eleyna - I think [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is feminine, elegant and beautiful sounding. I think the unnecessary spelling of Eleyna does takes away from that, but I still love the sound.

Thank you!! That’s literally all my thoughts basically hahaha thank you for the input. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] would age well?

You’re welcome!

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] and [name_m]Walter[/name_m] are so cute together, I love it!!! And I think [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] ages just fine; I used to have a teacher with that name, she wore it well!

Yay!! I think so too”

I’ve met [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]'s of all ages, 20-70. It definitely ages well.

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] and [name_m]Walter[/name_m] sound great together!

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] are both stunning with [name_m]Walter[/name_m]! [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] would age just fine, it’s quite popular for UK babies right now so no one will bat an eye at a 30 year old [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] in 30 years.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] is adorable.

Here are my thoughts on your girl list:

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] - I’ve never heard of a negative connotation with this personally. I think it’s beautiful, & lovely w/[name_m]Walter[/name_m].

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]-This is not my personal favorite, but it is sort of charming. It goes best w/[name_m]Walter[/name_m] from your list. Old fashioned & a little quirky.

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - It’s not the first name that I’d pair style wise, but it’s just beautiful. It’s simple, unique, feminine, grows up well & has nice nn options. I wouldn’t worry too much that the style is different.

[name_u]Remi[/name_u]-I like this name for a boy way more. I’d at least spell it [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. That looks more complete.

Mahli-I’ve never heard this name, but is it basically [name_f]Molly[/name_f]? If so, I’d just go w/[name_f]Molly[/name_f] to avoid confusion. [name_f]Molly[/name_f] & [name_m]Walter[/name_m] are adorable together.

Eleyna-This is quite nice. The ‘y’ seems a bit necessary. [name_f]Elena[/name_f] looks sleeker, & I think that it’s well know that it’s said ‘Ee-lay-nuh’.

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Dora[/name_f]

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]

[name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]

[name_f]Holly[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

[name_f]Louise[/name_f]

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

[name_f]May[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]

[name_f]Sally[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love the name [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. If I would have had a daughter that would be her middle name.

What about [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and …
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (my favorite )
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]