Sibling names

We’re hoping to get some ideas for baby #4. We just found out it’s a girl! We have two boys and a girl, so this baby is evening out the numbers and will be the last. We are EXTREMELY picky when it comes to names and all of our kids have names that we feel are unique so we’d like to continue that with this one…

Our kids names are
•Rorin [name_m]Alan[/name_m] (M)
•Dade [name_u]Everette[/name_u] (M)
•Loraline [name_f]Renae[/name_f] (F)

For the new baby we currently have
•[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
•[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Any other ideas? TIA!!

1 Like

I do like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], it was on our long list, but it will probably get shortened by other people to [name_u]Rory[/name_u] which is very similar to Rorin so I’d probably avoid that in your case. I think it’s also a lot more common than your other children’s names.

I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and it was on our shortlist (we are also pregnant with our fourth!). Although it’s a known name, I don’t think I know a single baby [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] in any country.

Some other rarer ideas that were on our longlist include

Cressida
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Angharad[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]

1 Like

It’s pronounced [name_f]Laura[/name_f]-line☺️

And I’m not so sure we have a style… we just like unique. We’ve never run into anyone else with these names and that’s what we shoot for.

Rorin in Celtic for “the red king” just spelt differently than it’s normally found.

Dade— no clue. Heard it in a movie and the only other place we’ve heard it is Dade county florida😅

Loraline is also from a movie but in the movie was [name_f]Lora[/name_f]-leene so we altered that a bit.

We’re thinking 3 syllables for the new baby if we can find one we both agree on! And middle names we like are [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], belle and rose so far. [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are family names- rose just sounded good with cordelia to me. Thank you🤗

Yesss rare is what we aim for! I’ve yet to meet anyone with the names my kids have! Thank you for that insight on [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].:heart: Didn’t catch how close it was to Rorin until now!

1 Like

Cordelia!

I think in this case [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a bit too similar in sound to both Rorin and Loraline.

I’d choose [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I feel it’s more unusual than [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. And I love it paired with [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like

Cordelia [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! The other girls name sounds too similar to your girls name you have already.

1 Like

There’s a song called “The [name_m]Tide[/name_m]” by a band called The Spill Canvas. It’s an older song, I used to listen to it when I was younger. It tells the story of three kids, and one of them is named Dade!! It’s a pretty sad song, so you might not want to listen to it, but I just wanted to tell you because you said you hadn’t heard his name anywhere else :slightly_smiling_face:
Also, I really love Rorin!!

not sure if these are your style, but some suggestions:
[name_f]Adalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adora[/name_f] (similar to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but maybe not as close to Rorin?)
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Aneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Arista[/name_f]
[name_f]Atara[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u]
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Enora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f]
[name_f]Idalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Illyria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilona[/name_f]
[name_f]Katara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Solara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valeria[/name_f]
[name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

tried to choose some less common ones, sorry if you don’t like them! good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cordelia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is nice

You might like
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Agreed! Wasn’t until I posted and someone pointed it out that I realized how close they are. So that ones out! :joy: thank you!!

1 Like

I do too! The more I say it, the more I love it!:heart: Thank you!!

Whhaaaaaaattttt!!! Now I have to listen!! I love his name so thank you for sharing this! ([name_m]Even[/name_m] if it is a sad song, still cool it’s out there!)

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Also I think the name Loraline is beautiful! Never heard it before!

1 Like

Thank you!! We heard it in a movie but it was pronounced [name_f]Lora[/name_f]-leene. We changed it a bit to [name_f]Lora[/name_f]-line and absolutely love it!:heart::heart:

1 Like