Sibling to Henry. Should it be Leo or Jack?!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!
Our son [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] will soon be a big brother and we are having trouble choosing a name for our next baby boy. We are in between two options for the first name and the middle name (fyi, my husband’s name is [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] and my husband’s father’s name was [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]).

Here are our options:
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]

We love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] but I just don’t think I can do [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] (I mean, really!?). And I think it would be kind of cute to have both boys named after their father ([name_u]Jordan[/name_u]) so I don’t mind using [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] as a middle name again. I like middle names with meaning so I’m not willing to pick something random that sounds good.

Any thoughts would be helpful at this point! Thank you in advance!

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] - sounds really nice, but would be a bit much. :smiley:
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] - a bit of a mouthful with the J’s.
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] - I like the idea of honoring your husband’s father too and the name flows very nicely.
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] - ok, but I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] goes much better with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] than [name_m]Leo[/name_m] does, but point taken about [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] :stuck_out_tongue:
Does your husband have a middle name / did his father?

My favorite is [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

My vote goes to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]! So pretty, and at the same time honoring a family member. You could do [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] or [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] as a full name.

I prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] certainly sound like brothers, but I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is a more interesting name, and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] is by far my favorite combo! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] are a great sibset :slight_smile:

I would definitely not use any combo with [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] as a middle name that just seems really redundant to me. So I vote for [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

Personally I would not use the same middle name for two of my kids as I feel each deserves their own name.

I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m], so [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] gets my vote. It’s a very nice combo.

I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would make a great sib-set and I love the name [name_m]Jack[/name_m]! However, I do not like either [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]. Is there another name of significance that could be a middle name?

From the combinations alone, I like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

My vote goes to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]. TBH I think it’s bit tacky for two siblings to have the same middle name, and I already know two sibsets with brothers [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is getting a bit expected. I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] far more.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @mkdorsch,

Warmest congratulations.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are both compatible with [name_m]Henry[/name_m], with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] being moreso.

I like the idea of middle-naming both boys [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] after their father.