Siblings for Etienne

Hello,

So I posted a couple of weeks ago that I’m pregnant with triplets- 2 boys and a girl- due in [name_u]January[/name_u]. My two year old son is called [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Luis[/name_m] and we are finding it hard to come up with names that we like as much as his.

One of our sons names is definitely going to be [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

I really love the name [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], but I’m not sure how it works with [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastien[/name_m]. What do you guys think?

We don’t have any ideas for girls at all. We so far like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]… but they are too ‘stale’ for us now.

Please leave some suggestions for Bastiens twins and what you think of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. It would be highly appreciated!!

I think [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] could work. You don’t want the names to be too matchy. Another idea would be [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] or a variant–or [name_m]Dominic[/name_m].

For girls:
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Venetia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Faustina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Serafina[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

I love your son’s name! :slight_smile:

I am thinking of something equally [name_m]French[/name_m] (sorry for the lack of accents -I blame my laptop), or something familiar but more on the unusual side, like [name_m]Etienne[/name_m]. Some ideas:
[name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Severine[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
Azelie/[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Camelia[/name_f]

I’m definitely seeing a theme of [name_m]French[/name_m] names here! I really love @luneth’s suggestions, especially [name_f]Violette[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], and [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. A few other options you could consider:

[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] - Similar to [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], but it feels elevated to me by the more unique sound of the first half. The nickname “[name_u]Ara[/name_u]” is so beautiful. The only problem then becomes whether you’d use [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] at the same time.

[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] - [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] might be a bit too cutesy for you, but it’s [name_m]French[/name_m] and beautiful.

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - Flowery name á la [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] that fits with the [name_m]French[/name_m] theme.

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] - I love the idea of you using an -ette ending for your daughter, because it’s so unmistakably [name_m]French[/name_m] looking, like your other names, and it’s also so elegant and beautiful. [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] complements [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] so well.

[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] - I’d have recommended [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but it feels a bit too similar to [name_m]Etienne[/name_m]…[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] is a gorgeous, romantic name along the lines of some of the others you have listed.

As for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], personally I wouldn’t use it because for me it sounds too much like “[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]” when said out loud, but there’s nothing at all wrong with the name and it fits well with the other names you have.

[name_m]Etienne[/name_m], [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], &

[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] / Séraphine
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
Clémence
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] / Élodie
[name_f]Aurore[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] / Célestine