Siblings for Leo, Simon & Josephine!

I have ideas on what to name siblings but I’d love to hear thoughts on what any of you would name a brother or sister to my kids! My biggest hurdle is that my boys are 18 years older than their sister. I need them to feel cohesive but they don’t need to match really!

Any ideas?

Wow, I looooove your names! And one of the best things about them is they ARE a cohesive group but one that also leaves a lot of room for expansion. Some girl ideas but really just a beginning: [name]Flora[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name]. Boys: [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Quentin[/name], [name]Felix[/name] (though I think that’s going to be too popular for you). I think the boys are harder!

Thanks!

For me, the girls are harder. I’ve got [name]Oscar[/name] (who’s a bit too popualr for me)right up top with [name]Cosmo[/name] (for my G. Grandpop), [name]August[/name] (to honor my Mom, a [name]Frances[/name] who hated her name, born in [name]August[/name]) and [name]Rufus[/name], just because I like it. I’ve also been really liking the really old, [name]Roman[/name] names: [name]Cassius[/name], [name]Lucius[/name] & [name]Remus[/name] (and yes, because of HP, that last).

The girls, I’ve got [name]Cecily[/name] (to honor a [name]Cecilia[/name]), [name]Beatrix[/name] (because I like her), [name]Ottilie[/name]/[name]Ottoline[/name] (because I adore it), [name]Florence[/name] (for an Aunt), nn [name]Flora[/name] and again, the ancient: [name]Lucretia[/name]. My other half likes odd names. I mean, things he’s suggested over the last 6 months we’ve been trying: [name]Tiberius[/name] (yep, Trek Geek) [name]Zuleika[/name] (because he just loves it), [name]Xanthe[/name] and [name]Clarence[/name].
Now [name]Clarence[/name] is one that’s been appealing lately, I’d call him [name]Clancy[/name] as a possible nickname! Anything there you think might suit?

I love them all! [name]Truly[/name]. I think they all work with your names too. [name]Oscar[/name] I think is too popular: Who would have guessed it? You’ve got tons of perfect original choices. You’re just going to have to have 12 more children!

I love your children’s names too. I don’t really have new ideas but I love [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]. You obviously have excellent taste so I’m sure you can’t go wrong!! :slight_smile:

Out of all the suggestions I like [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] for girls. I would say no to [name]Oscar[/name] for a boys name but other than that they all sound good!

[name]Lovely[/name] names!

I like [name]Cecily[/name], but I like [name]Cecilia[/name], too. The patron saint of musicians and she’s got a good [name]Simon[/name] and Garfunkel song to sing. [name]Beatrix[/name] is also pretty.

[name]Cosmo[/name] and [name]August[/name] are very cool; they both work well with your previous selections. I love using family names.

Interesting, everyone but [name]Leo[/name] would have a s-ish sound in his or her name.

[name]Lovely[/name] names!

I like [name]Cecily[/name], but I like [name]Cecilia[/name], too. The patron saint of musicians and she’s got a good [name]Simon[/name] and Garfunkel song to sing. [name]Beatrix[/name] is also pretty.

[name]Cosmo[/name] and [name]August[/name] are very cool; they both work well with your previous selections. I love using family names.

Interesting, everyone but [name]Leo[/name] would have a s-ish sound in his or her name.

I love the suggestions from everybody. And I would also like to say that [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] are also great names that go well with [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]. For similar girls names I like [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], and [name]Frances[/name]. I love the name [name]Francie[/name] and the next time I get a female puppy or kitten I will probably have to name it that. My days of having babies are almost certainly past unless I were to kick up my heels and adopt one. Of course you have to say all these first names with your last name to see if they go together.

Funny [name]Susan[/name], I’m a [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] ___ [name]Mac[/name] surname that’s recently been the rage for girls. (The S version is for the [name]German[/name] Grandma)! This one will be my last., I’m getting up there myself and being the 65 year old at High School Graduation doesn’t really appeal to me. So, we’re trying for one more and that’s it. :slight_smile: 4’s enough, I think.

The surname’s a good thing though, just about everything sounds pretty good ith it, barring the obvious -ee rhyming sounds at the end and even a fair amount of M names sound good with it. I just have to be carful of going overbard with the [name]Mac[/name] sounds. I’m presonally enamored with [name]Malcolm[/name] but [name]Malcolm[/name] MacK_ sounds a bit too much to my ears.

Thanks too rqpitts, you mentione the s-ish sounds, [name]Leo[/name]'s first middle is [name]Sebastian[/name]! So there you go! Yeah, [name]Cecilia[/name] I love, but I have three Cousins named so already. [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Celia[/name] & Cee is how the family differentiates. My Babci (Polish Grandmother) was [name]Cecylia[/name], so I figured [name]Cecily[/name] would work as well, and I really do prefer her delicate sound over [name]Cecilia[/name]. (my BFF forever is also a [name]Cecilia[/name], as if the family ones weren’t confusing enough!)

I wish I could have 12 more, [name]Pam[/name] but alas, between the economy and our ages, 1 more looks to be about it. We’ve just agreed to start trying recently and am really happy with that decision. 40’s not too old! :smiley: (I still feel 12 though; my Dad was right… you never really feel grown up!)

Thanks to everyone else ([name]Sophia[/name], Tommiethemommie), I appreciate the comments, every one of them!

[name]Josephine[/name] didn’t have a name for almost 12 hours after birth and I’m afraid it’ll happen again. Which is why I’m going bananas now, when he/she is only a thought. Easier to work in the abstract, for me! :slight_smile:

The names [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Jasper[/name] come to mind to complete your sibset…

I [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Cecily[/name], it is one of my top girls names. [name]Beatrix[/name] is quite spunky and fun.

For the boys, [name]Cassius[/name] & [name]August[/name] are my favorites of your picks - [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] are great names too, they are a bit more predictable choices with [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Simon[/name], I think.

Thanks! I’m rather fond of [name]Cassius[/name] myself. [name]August[/name] would honor my Mom ([name]Francis[/name] on a boy just doesn’t particularly thrill me and the uncle I thought it might honor was simply [name]Frank[/name]. I love [name]Frank[/name] but he’s too informal feeling for me. So [name]August[/name]. :slight_smile:
[name]Miles[/name], nn [name]Milo[/name] was on my list for what turned out to be my daughter and while I still thoroughly like him, I’m also fairly certain he’s not for me anymore.

[name]Cecily[/name]'s a love for sure and [name]Beatrix[/name] is a darling But one is going to cancel out the other, if there ever is a fifth (I doubt it but won’t dicount the possibility, however faint) They’re too predictable together. I’ve been toying with [name]Florence[/name], nn [name]Flora[/name] again. (In my family, my mother’s oldest two sisters were, you guessed it, [name]Josephine[/name] & [name]Florence[/name], [name]Josie[/name] & [name]Flora[/name]) So, not only am I used to hearing them together, I thoroughly like them together. I’m just having problems find a decent set of middles to pair with her that doesn’t sound completely ridiculous! :smiley:

[name]Lola[/name], [name]Florence[/name] is such a pretty name, but I can’t think of a good middle name either. I will put on my thinking cap! There certainly is lots of time to think of something. I had a little girl in my [name]Sunday[/name] School class named [name]Florence[/name] who was adorable. Hmmm…[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Florence[/name] [name]Mae[/name]? Maybe the middle name needs to be one syllable with as few consonants as possible. [name]Even[/name] the “y” in [name]May[/name] might not be as good as the “e” in soft, soft [name]Mae[/name]. What was your Aunt [name]Florence[/name]'s middle name?

She didn’t have any! Which makes it even harder on me. sigh The onyl family member to not have even a single middle name. Apparently, her birth and the ensuing arguments about what to name her started the downward spiral that ended up splitting Step Grnadma [name]Catherine[/name] & Gagi Andrej up.
My other half & I were talking about [name]Florence[/name] the other day, and we’ve decided on either:
[name]Florence[/name] [name]Lila[/name] [name]Ghislaine[/name] ([name]Ghislaine[/name] [jees-lane] was one of my G. Grandmother’s middles), [name]Lila[/name] we just like.
or
[name]Florence[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Loveday. [name]Ruby[/name]'s for me (my birthstone) and Loveday’s an old family name that used to repeat once a generation (or so). This one’s skipped four generations and I love her sound: ‘luvdee’ [name]Hence[/name] her inclusion.

[name]Love[/name] the middle names [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]! You think of the most wonderful name combos. I was thinking about this while I was washing my hair (I must be insane!) and I also thought of [name]Eve[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], then I thought of [name]Anneliese[/name] which is probably too long. But I liked the “s” sound at the end of [name]Anneliese[/name] combined with the “ce” sound at the end of [name]Florence[/name]. My aunt was named [name]Flora[/name] and I have forgotten what her middle name was. I will have to ask my mother. The sister after [name]Flora[/name] was named [name]Beatrice[/name]-I bet you like that! But her middle name was [name]Lura[/name], and I don’t really like it at all.

If you like [name]August[/name], what about [name]Augustine[/name]? Thats a lovely Latin name.

I also love the name [name]Gaia[/name] for a girl and Lucretzia is a fave of mine too!