Siblings for Leona?

So, my husband and I are expecting our twin boys in about 2 1/2 weeks. We had originally planned to name them [name]Lyndon[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] and [name]Dwight[/name] [name]Braxton[/name], but now I’m starting to like the names less and less.

When I asked my husband if he still loved them, he said that he thought that they sounded dated. I asked my family and they all agreed.

I spent the whole time trying to figure out what made us fall in love with the name [name]Leona[/name] [name]Rae[/name] so much. It’s because It was to honor our grandmothers ([name]Leola[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name]).

Then I knew what I wanted in the twins names. We’ve decieded that their names will honor their grandparents! The problem is they have slightly boring names.

Grandpa: [name]Van[/name]
Papi: [name]Darius[/name]
[name]Nana[/name]:[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name]:[name]Wanita[/name]

We personally don’t like the ddirect use of the name. But their names have been hard to think up variations for.

[name]Van[/name]:

[name]Vaughn[/name]/[name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] ([name]Van[/name]'s at the end)
[name]Giovanni[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] ([name]Vin[/name] is close to [name]Van[/name], but this may be a stretch)
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]/[name]Evan[/name]

[name]Darius[/name]:
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] (I think it’s cool!)
[name]Darian[/name]

[name]Alice[/name]:
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]

[name]Wanita[/name]:

[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] (nn [name]Ward[/name])
[name]Joaquin[/name] (has the Wa sound)
[name]John[/name] (for [name]Juanita[/name])

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

So, my husband and I are expecting our twin boys in about 2 1/2 weeks. We had originally planned to name them [name]Lyndon[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] and [name]Dwight[/name] [name]Braxton[/name], but now I’m starting to like the names less and less.

I agree!

When I asked my husband if he still loved them, he said that he thought that they sounded dated. I asked my family and they all agreed.

I spent the whole time trying to figure out what made us fall in love with the name [name]Leona[/name] [name]Rae[/name] so much. It’s because It was to honor our grandmothers ([name]Leola[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name]).

[name]Leona[/name] [name]Rae[/name] is great!

Then I knew what I wanted in the twins names. We’ve decieded that their names will honor their grandparents! The problem is they have slightly boring names.

Grandpa: [name]Van[/name] - I agree with [name]Jill[/name] about [name]Vance[/name]. Also love [name]Vincent[/name].
Papi: [name]Darius[/name] - [name]Darius[/name] is wonderful!
[name]Nana[/name]:[name]Alicia[/name] - I love the name [name]Alfred[/name] nn [name]Alfie[/name].
[name]Mimi[/name]:[name]Wanita[/name] - This is more of a challenge. If you ever have another daughter, you could name her [name]Winnifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name].

Without wanting to repeat [name]Jill[/name]'s great suggestions. Here are a few ideas for using the same meanings:

[name]Alicia[/name] – essentially meaning ‘noble’:

[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Karim[/name]
[name]Euan[/name]

[name]Darius[/name] – ‘to possess’

[name]Hector[/name]
[name]Kenan[/name]

[name]Wanita[/name] – form of [name]John[/name]

[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Ioan[/name]
[name]Eoin[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Sion[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name] – this would work for [name]Van[/name] too.
[name]Johan[/name]
[name]Jowan[/name]

Thanks for the help! I hadn’t even thought about [name]Joaquin[/name] as an option for [name]Wanita[/name], but I think that we are really falling in love with that name.

The way that we have the names set up right now, [name]Van[/name]- [name]Alicia[/name] and [name]Darius[/name]- [name]Wanita[/name] will be how the variations will be put together so that each name will honor both sides.

And [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Susan[/name], I love [name]Darius[/name] too! But it’s also my hubby’s name and I don’t like having one twin with the father’s name and the other with another name.

Also, we were through names that were similar to [name]Alfred[/name] (I love the nn [name]Alfie[/name], just not the name [name]Alfred[/name], and since it would be a mn we wouldn’t really use a nn). But we really do like [name]Alec[/name] and think that it fits in with [name]Rae[/name].

We really love [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Donovan[/name]! But I think that we are more for [name]Sullivan[/name] because, a) we went to tamu and b) [name]Sully[/name] is a cute nn! But we aren’t settled on any names fight now expect possibly [name]Alec[/name]?

I’m so glad you liked some of our suggestions! I think you have a lot of very handsome options! :slight_smile:

Please keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]! So I was looking through names and I was really liking the idea of [name]Justus[/name] as an alternative to [name]Darius[/name]. but does that seem practical? Or any -us ending name for that matter. Plus, [name]Sullivan[/name] would be nn [name]Sully[/name] and [name]Leona[/name] sometimes goes by [name]Lena[/name]. But [name]Justus[/name] doesn’t really lend itself to nn’s.

Also, we have some middle name possiblities for [name]Wanita[/name]. We loved [name]Joaquin[/name], but we aren’t sure it will fit with our style of names very well.

[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Wayne[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

I definitely hear what you’re saying about the differing styles. I guess I was thinking you could use [name]Joaquin[/name] in the middle. I do think [name]Justus[/name] is cool, but there’s a popular clothing store (a chain) for little girls called “[name]Justice[/name]” (it’s owned by the Limited), and I don’t know if that bothers you or not.

I think the -us names work really well with [name]Leona[/name]'s style! If you’re not set on [name]Justus[/name], here are some more:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] (not a us, though)
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] (not us, though)

From your W’s, I’m voting for [name]Walter[/name]. :slight_smile: