Siblings for Raphael

My DS is [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] - out of curiosity, as I normally simply ask people for their opinion on names that DH and I have already shortlisted, what would you name any siblings? We live in [name]England[/name] (that seems to make a difference sometimes).

Thank you in advance!

A quick brainstorm and I land on [name]Phineas[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name], but I’m likely to change my mind within the hour… ^^
I really wanted to pick a [name]Rosemary[/name] for the girl for some reason, but I don’t like siblings having the same initial…

edit: I already changed my mind: [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatriz[/name] for the girl… XD I think [name]Phineas[/name] get’s to live a little longer though…

[name]Edit[/name] 2: I just realised what I did: I subconsciously matched the ae/ea parts of the names! XD I have to think again…

Okay, [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Caspian[/name] I think…

[name]Edit[/name] 3: I changed my mind again… [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Thaddeus[/name].
[name]Thaddeus[/name] is awesome!

[name]Monet[/name]? haha!

I like [name]Dimitri[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] (:

[name]Hi[/name], Twinkle! :slight_smile:

[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]

[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

I hope you’re doing well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies!

And thank you [name]Jill[/name], I’m doing just fine, despite being a little tired; I fear that all of my recent posts are probably riddled with spelling errors! [name]Raffy[/name]'s brilliant, and he’s really rather a good baby, so I’ve been able to garner more and more time to come here recently. (At the moment I’m actually meant to be making favours for my brother’s wedding, but I just can’t get my mind off names!)

You may have heard from some of my other posts that DH and I are continuing with the adoption that we had to postpone due to my pregnancy, and so it’s a little hectic around here. The little girl and boy are coming to stay with us tomorrow, until Friday, and if it all goes well they may be living with us in as little as a month! Which brings me back, yet again, to the difficult business of naming children.

They are three and a half and fifteen months, and so I normally wouldn’t consider re-naming them, but they were named [name]Baby[/name] (by their biological mother) and Jontee (by the social workers) respectively, and so we really feel it is necessary to make them feel a bigger part of the family. Besides, one of the very first times we met [name]Baby[/name], we witnessed her being teased because of her name - imagine what it will be like as she gets older!

Now, I am going to have a look through all of your wonderful suggestions!

1 Like

[name]Hi[/name] Twinkle! I did just see your exciting news in your other post, and I’m so happy for you! I think it’s so wonderful that you’ll be giving these children a happy, stable life, and I completely understand why you’re renaming them.

[name]Do[/name] you have your heart set on any names so far?

I’m so glad that [name]Raphael[/name] (I love his nickname) is doing well, and hope that he and the kids enjoy each other.

I hope everything goes well, Twinkle! :slight_smile:

Have a great night!

I just wanted to thank you all properly for your ideas - there are so many that I love!

Dearest, I adore [name]Phineas[/name], [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Thaddeus[/name], and I am falling more and more in love with [name]Marigold[/name] - you definitely have my naming style pegged! And it’s funny that you mentioned [name]Primrose[/name], as that is my mother’s name.

[name]Jill[/name], as always you gave me some lovely ideas! [name]Dorothea[/name]‘s been on my girls’ list for a while now - if we ever have another little girl, it’ll most likely be her name. I really like most of the others - my favourites are (this was hard!) [name]Honora[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Samson[/name]. [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name] is beautiful, too … they have all been added to my mental list of options :slight_smile:

Once again, thank you all!

You’re so welcome, Twinkle! I’m so happy that you liked some of the names I suggested, and I really love the ones you singled out. (I think [name]Dorothea[/name] is a fantastic name!)

Good luck, Twinkle! :slight_smile: