Siblings with meanings?

What are some pair of sibling names that you like and they have a meaning to it?
Like for example: being names of flowers, being names of gods, being names that “complete” each other on some way

Olive (olive tree - a symbol of peace) & Callum (dove - a symbol of peace)
Daphne (laurel tree) & Hazel (type of tree)
Iris (rainbow) & Felicity (great happiness)
Margot (pearl) & Jasper (type of stone)
Luna (moon) & Stella (star)
Birdie & Phoebe (type of bird)
Oscar (Oscar Wilde) & Louisa (Louisa May Alcott)
Florian (flowering) & Susanna (lily)
Lucy (light) & Nora (light)
Neva (snow) & Lumi (snow)
Juno & Flora (Greek goddesses)
Esmond (graceful protection) & Willem (resolute protector)

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] and [name_f]Priya[/name_f] as sisters, two names with lovely meanings - “grace” and “beloved”

3 Likes

Both are beautiful names that I didn’t know and I love them

Miro, [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (all mean/symbolise ‘peace’)

Astrid (‘a god’, ‘beautiful woman’) and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] ([name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess)

Orion and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (both constellations)

Oscar (‘champion warrior’) and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (battle strength’)

Flora and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (both nature and names and both goddesses, the former [name_m]Roman[/name_m], the latter Greek)

Clementine and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (both nature names)

Rex (‘king’) and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (a 12th century empress, [name_m]Henry[/name_m] I’s daughter, and nearly crowned [name_f]England[/name_f]’s queen)

Margot (means ‘pearl’) and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] (gemstone name) - I also love [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] together

2 Likes

I have a Z and A of the alphabet in my son’s names. [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest sons name means Rememberance and my youngest son’s name means defender of mankind. So together I hope that they remember to stand up for themselves and defend people from injustice and other wrongdoings in the world.

1 Like