Sibset Name Theme Question 🙋🏻‍♀️

I posted last July (here: Name to Manifest Baby 3 🙏🏻) and got a lot of help expanding and refining our name list.

Our favorite names are still Zipporah nn Zippy :heart_eyes: and Boaz :hugs: and, to be 100 percent honest, this is probably the route we will go.

But! Now that the time is getting closer to really be considering names for real, I’m wondering if we actually need to stick with our Christian/Hebrew theme. There are so many names (like Alice!) I love that don’t qualify because of this “restriction”, but I still want a cohesive sibset.

For reference, our kids names are Judah and Hadassah, who goes by Haddie. Do you think it’s too late to veer off this path?

TLDR: Should we stick with our current theme? What are some non-Christian/Hebrew names that could go with Judah and Hadassah nn Haddie?

Looking for honest yet gentle feedback. Thanks in advance! :yellow_heart:

I think [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] is ADORABLE and goes perfectly with your kids! I also like [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]. However, if your heart is leaning in a different direction, I don’t think it’s too late to try a new style! I remember hearing about a mom whose three kids all had vastly different names because her style changed over time. It’s totally fine, in my opinion!

Other names that go with [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], both within and outside of your theme:
[name_u]Noam[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f]
[name_u]Aza[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]

Since both of your kids’ given names end in -a, that’s another way you could tie them together if you’re worried about cohesiveness but want to stray a little from your usual path!

1 Like

I really don’t see any need to stay within your theme, but! seeing as you seem to have chosen two of the most perfect, incredible names, I really think you should stick with them. [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] is so lively and lovely. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] is so handsome and underused. Amazing choices!

Also want to say [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] are incredible as well. I am just a fan of your style.

1 Like

I know a Zipporah nn Zippy in real life, and I absolutely love it!! She fits it perfectly, and it’s spunky yet sweet.

Zipporah and Hadassah (Zippy and Haddie) are perfect together, and so are Judah and Boaz. I definitely think that there’s no real reason to stick within a theme for sibsets, but if you really love a name that’s perfect in a sibset, that’s definitely a plus. So my opinion is no, there’s no need to stick with the Hebrew name theme, but if your favorite name is Hebrew, all the more reason to use it :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the new suggestions and feedback. The names are beautiful and I am definitely going to let them marinate. It’s good to remember there are no real rules here. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I think you’re probably right. :wink: [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] just feel right for our family, but I’m not looking forward to the 18-24 month phase where everyone in my family (my dad) makes a face but then eventually says the name has grown on them.

I didn’t even know about this name until I posted here. But do you know how [name_u]Marie[/name_u] Kondo says ching when an item sparks joy? That’s what that name does for me. :laughing: If future baby girl is anything like my daughter then spunky yet sweet is the perfect combo.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like