Sibset Rio and River?

Hey all, I really like these two names [name_u]Rio[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u]. If I was to use them in the future then I would use [name_u]Rio[/name_u] for a boy and [name_u]River[/name_u] for a girl. However I’ve recently learned that in Spanish [name_u]Rio[/name_u] means [name_u]River[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering if it would be weird or not to have [name_u]Rio[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] as a set of sibset names or not. Thank you Xx

Way too similar for me.

1 Like

Sorry, yes, I definitely think [name_u]Rio[/name_u] & [name_u]River[/name_u] are too similar for siblings. :grimacing:

4 Likes

It would be very weird to me, yes. They would literally have the same name just in different languages.

4 Likes

Rio and [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] work

It’s a little odd to me, yes. I’d think you’d done it intentionally. I like both names individually though.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t think they work as siblings.

2 Likes

I love how they sound together, but no… waaaay too matchy matchy, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re basically the same name so i would avoid it

Would not suggest doing this.

River and another R name would make nice siblings though. [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Reese[/name_u]/Rhys would be cute in fact

I wouldn’t, especially if you live or go to areas with large Spanish speaking populations.

I’d find it odd, honestly.

Too similar for my liking. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]?

I wouldn’t do it personally, but I don’t actually mind them together.

They mean the same but they sound different enough that I don’t think anyone would be confused if you shouted up the stairs or across a playground. Not that many people will necessarily even know the meaning connection, depending on where you live.

I would find very similar sounding names, like [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Reeva[/name_f] or [name_u]Rio[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m], more of a dealbreaker than this.

They feel like the same word to me, but I’m familiar with Spanish, and not all areas of the world are Spanish speaking. If you live in an area where people speak Spanish, I wouldn’t use it. I’m sure it would be a cool connection when people didn’t speak both languages, though!

They don’t have a similar sound to me, so I think it works. I just find it a little weird that they are the same name/meaning. [name_u]Rio[/name_u] means [name_u]River[/name_u] in Spanish. If that doesn’t bother you then go for it! I know it would bother me a little bit but I don’t think people would put two and two together if they aren’t familiar with Spanish.

I think too similar for siblings. You might be able to get away with it on twins though.

I think there are plenty of non-Spanish speakers who know that [name_u]Rio[/name_u] means river…

1 Like