Sibset too Buffyverse?

Currently no kids, TTC in a couple months!

My top girl name is [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f].

One of my top boy names is Ozriel with nn [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] / [name_m]Oz[/name_m].

In Buffy there is a [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] and [name_m]Oz[/name_m], but they never interact (at least, I don’t think so, I’m rewatching the show now).

Former or current fans of the show - Encouraged to comment!

Folks who just don’t like these names - Encouraged not to comment, thank you!

1 Like

There aren’t my style at all. But anyways,

Yes, I think people would relate them to the show. I don’t think anyone would point it out to you or it would be a big problem, but still.

If you hadn’t of put Buffyverse in the title, I wouldn’t have made the connection. Most people won’t, even those who were constant watchers of the show.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally picked these names without making the connection! When I fell in love with [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] I decided to rewatch the series, just to make sure I’m ok with the connection (I’m on S3 and so far I’m not perturbed). After several weeks of watching the show, I just now realized these 2 names could be “too Buffyverse” if I used them together :sweat_smile:

I don’t think it would be too much. If it was [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_m]Xander[/name_m] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Angel[/name_u] it would be, but seeing as [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] and [name_m]Oz[/name_m] don’t really meet I don’t think it is too much. That said my first thought when hearing [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] is the [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] character but [name_m]Oz[/name_m] has other associations and isn’t a super memorable character (don’t get me wrong, I love him, but he isn’t one of the main group)

2 Likes

I was thinking along the same lines! I also love Angelus, but it’s not on my short list. [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] and Angelus would definitely be too much.

I’m ok with the [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] association for the names, separately. But a strong and significant association of the sibset would make me question using one or the other for my first!

1 Like

They’re 100% my style.

I don’t mind the relation to the show, or even people pointing it out. I’m just already a huge nerd and don’t want people to think I picked a fandom as my pool of names to chose from :sweat_smile: Because that’s not the case, this really is a coincidence!

I love Ozriel nn [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]! I don’t even know the show so I think it’s fine.

1 Like

I’m a fan and I do immediately think of [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] (also check out Buffering the Vampire Slayer, which is an amazing rewatch podcast). I don’t think it would be a problem but you might get people thinking you’re a superfan.

1 Like

Anytime I see [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] on these forums I automatically think [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]! So I that name alone would get a comment from me if I met a [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] in real life. [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]/Oz is less tied to the show for me. [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] is awesome so I think it’s all good. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s me. I’m the only one commenting with the name [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] :sweat_smile: I don’t mind the connection to the show and a vampire. I’ve been playing out the potential conversations in my head, with people commenting about it, and I actually like that I’ll be able to connect with people I have something in common with!

1 Like

Ooohhh I love podcasts!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Ah yeah, being labeled a superfan is what I’m afraid of… However, I do intend to use the nn [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] more than [name_m]Oz[/name_m]. So maybe that will help :woman_shrugging:t2:

And I may only have one kid (this is the current plan), but I’d hate to close the door on one name in the future because it’s too much as a sibset.

Dru is also an adorable nickname!

1 Like

Yaasss, I’m totally in love with [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] nn [name_u]Dru[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

I consider myself a casual fan of the show and I instantly made the connection. Although both names separately are so connected to the show for me even by themselves I would think of the show.

1 Like

I am a HUGE fan of [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]!

Drucilla is strongly associated with [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] for me because I’ve never heard the name outside of the show. Same with [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and, of course, [name_f]Buffy[/name_f].

Oz, [name_u]Willow[/name_u], and [name_m]Xander[/name_m] are names that I connect to [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] first… but have also heard of outside of the show. For example, [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] [name_m]Osbourne[/name_m], [name_m]Xander[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. So these are names that I hear and sort of secretly hope were chosen by fellow [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] fans, but I wouldn’t assume they were.

Hearing [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] and [name_m]Oz[/name_m] together… yeah, I’m probably going to guess you’re also a [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] fan. It’s an unexpected collection of characters for sure, but the theme still fits for me.

If it makes you feel better, I know a sibset of [name_m]Oz[/name_m] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u]… which I just find so weird for siblings. Not sure if their parents knew about their relationship on the show or not.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I’m perfectly happy with people assuming I’m a fan, because I am! I just don’t want people to think I’m an obsessed mega-fan, because I’m not :sweat_smile:

I actually have decided on these 2 names since posting this topic, so I’ve made my peace with the Buffy associations :grin:

2 Likes

If I saw [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] alone, my only association would be [name_f]Buffy[/name_f].

[name_m]Oz[/name_m]… I have only 4 associations: [name_f]Buffy[/name_f], [name_m]Ozzie[/name_m] the entertainer/drug addict, [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m], and something general Aussie.

If you didn’t want it to be REALLY OBVIOUSLY tropey, you’d just need to DQ the list of names should you end up having a third baby (incl if your second preg were twins etc):

• [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] / [name_m]Xander[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Giles[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Darla[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Fred[/name_m] / [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f]
  • Connor
  • [name_m]William[/name_m] (as in the Bloody)
  • [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] / [name_u]Sonnie[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Joss[/name_u]

Etc

1 Like

I’m really glad you made this list because I was slightly considering [name_m]William[/name_m] as an honor middle name :sweat_smile: It’s not a strong connection, but I totally agree with avoiding these.

1 Like

This is a long shot, but if you like vampires, what about something like [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], [name_f]Carmilla[/name_f], [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], Stoker, [name_m]Morris[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]? Dracula or other famous vampire stories!

I would’ve thought that [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f]/Oz is an Eastern European name. :thinking: