Sibsets you can’t stand

What are some sibling sets that you don’t like the names of? Maybe the names don’t go together at all or are too matchy-matchy?

1 Like

I personally know siblings called [name_u]Sammy[/name_u] and [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]… It just rubs me the wrong way, for obvious reasons.

7 Likes

I used to know sisters called [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] and [name_f]Kendra[/name_f]. They’re just so similar to me!

2 Likes

Sibsets with all popular names: [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m].

One I met recently was pretty close to [name_m]Braxton[/name_m], [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], and [name_u]Bentley[/name_u]. :frowning: (Or saw from a distance…none of their family was wearing masks at the playground.)

5 Likes

Sisters [name_f]Chrystal[/name_f] and [name_f]Christina[/name_f]. Siblings [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. Too close for me.

2 Likes

Freddie, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Harleigh[/name_f] & [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m]. Sounds like 2 different sibsets to me, originally thought they were half siblings but nope.

4 Likes

My husband and his brothers have just to similar names, they are called Sadmir, Admir and Almir. But in there family it‘s kinda of normal to name the kids similar. The sibset I really don‘t like is - Senad, Senada, [name_f]Brenda[/name_f], Brend and [name_m]Andreas[/name_m]. Like why [name_m]Andreas[/name_m], it‘s sounds like he doesn‘t belong to them. But as long they like it everthing is okay :sweat_smile:
*sorry for my english its my second language.

2 Likes

Cristian, Kristiyana, [name_m]Cristopher[/name_m] :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I know a [name_m]Brandon[/name_m] and [name_f]Brandi[/name_f].

2 Likes

this is an instagram influencer sibset that bothers me… [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Posie[/name_f] and Zealand

3 Likes

and actually, a sibset that’s close to them (again, insta famous); [name_f]Taytum[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Halston[/name_u] (all girls) and then [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

4 Likes

Kristen and [name_m]Kristopher[/name_m]-too similar especially with the spelling

1 Like

Yes! When I found out she was naming her son [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] I was so confused. Like your daughters all have these unique unisex names and then your son is a top 10 name???

I think it would have made more sense if they had switched their boy’s names lol! I know that would be silly, but the sibsets would make much more sense- [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Posie[/name_f], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]… and [name_f]Taytum[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Halston[/name_u] and Zealand

3 Likes

Honestly! I can definitely see those sibsets being much more coherent that way!

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] and [name_m]Kristopher[/name_m]. Their last name starts with a K, as well. It’s just TOO MANY K’s!

3 Likes

I really hope she changed her mind, but I remember seeing someone on another site post about twin girls. She was planning on naming them [name_f]Precious[/name_f] & [name_f]Princess[/name_f].

5 Likes

I knew an [name_m]Arvin[/name_m] and found out he had a brother named [name_m]Marvin[/name_m]. It was so hard to keep a straight face because I just really dislike rhyming names for siblings or names that are really close to each other. I also don’t love names that are too close thematically. Like naming twins or siblings [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]Navy[/name_u] or [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be too much for me. I love the names [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but could never bring myself to use them together. I could only choose one and would have to accept that I couldn’t personally use the others for a sister.

1 Like

I have a cousin who has 4 kids: [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] (b), [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u], & [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] (g). When [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]’s name was announced, I was baffled. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]’s go so well together and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] fits in good, so [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] just seemed straight out of left field to me and it still does.

Two of my cousins (sisters to the above cousin) are named [name_f]Kara[/name_f] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. And their mom’s name is [name_f]Karen[/name_f]. I wouldn’t like sisters [name_f]Kara[/name_f] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f] anyway, because it sounds so close to [name_f]Karen[/name_f], but their mom being [name_f]Karen[/name_f] makes it so much more worse imo. It’s just too much.

I have a friend who wants to name twin girls (if she has them) [name_f]Esther[/name_f] & [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] being [name_f]Esther[/name_f]’s Hebrew name (in the Bible). So, she wants to name them both [name_f]Esther[/name_f], essentially. Wayyy to close, imo.

4 Likes

I know twin siblings named [name_m]Adam[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. I don’t get this choice. It’s not the most fortunate couple out there, and they used them for brother and sister! I don’t see the difference between these pair and naming them [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] and [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] or [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…things went badly there…as romantic partners.

7 Likes