Sibsets you can’t stand

I have seen them on instragram, this bothers me too ([name_f]Taytum[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Halston[/name_u] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]- although he does get called [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] which is his full name)

I find this thread to be really interesting!

I’ve seen a sibset on nameberry that was Ellianaffi & John. They just don’t match. Poor John, it seems like they gave up on his name.

4 Likes

That’s awful!

1 Like

I know a sibset named [name_f]Leeann[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Leandra[/name_f] & [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

5 Likes

I knew a family with four girls: [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_u]Holly[/name_u]. I would get these so confused! (Especially [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] and [name_u]Holly[/name_u]!)

2 Likes

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] Schiff’s wife is [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!

2 Likes

When my neighbor was born, they almost named her [name_u]Andrea[/name_u], because they had a tradition of passing the name [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] to the firstborn son. They didn’t know if they were going to have any sons after her. They did, and they named him [name_m]Andreas[/name_m]. [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] they didn’t name her [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] because that would’ve been awful.

2 Likes

But that’s fun! I can see the humor of a couple called [name_m]Adam[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]! a fun little coincidence that would probably get old very fast.

A couples’ names for siblings? It’s kind of icky, at least to me.

6 Likes

Apparently, one of the most common sets of names for twins (in the USA) is [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Mason[/name_u].

Those sound way too similar for my taste. They’re even spelled almost the same, just that one of them has two more letters than the other.

In general, most sibsets don’t bother me, as long as they’re not too matchy. I don’t even care if the styles don’t “go together”, but mismatch spellings have always bothered me. Like if almost all the kids have traditional, normally spelled names, but then one has some kreatyve ultra- modern spelling.

8 Likes

I know a sib set named [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_u]Mason[/name_u] they’re just too similar to me.

4 Likes

My cousins are [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and [name_u]Asher[/name_u], and, at least in my opinion, they have two very different styles going on there. Like, [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u]? Absolutely! [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]? Sure! But all four together? Not for me.

I also know a family with [name_f]Maya[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], and [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]. [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] are super popular, “cool girl” sounding names, but [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] is much less common and has a much softer, less trendy sound.

But the most shocking is my great grandma. She is a twin, and she and her sister are [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Seriously. To make things even more confusing, [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Lil[/name_f]. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Lil[/name_f]. [name_m]Nuh[/name_m]-uh.

5 Likes

@kmdharrington [name_f]Leeann[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Leandra[/name_f], [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]?! They couldn’t be more inventive? That’s almost as bad as [name_u]George[/name_u] Foreman naming all 5 of his sons [name_u]George[/name_u]!

George [name_m]Jr[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] III, [name_u]George[/name_u] IV, [name_u]George[/name_u] V, [name_u]George[/name_u] VI

He says “I named all my sons [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] Foreman so they would always have something in common.”

That’s a very strange reason to me. Siblings have parents in common, why would they want the same name?

4 Likes

That’s so weird! How do you distinguish them! Call them by number?

3 Likes

I assume the first one is called George or [name_m]Junior[/name_m], the others nicknames are: Monk, Big Wheel, [name_u]Red[/name_u] and [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_u]Joey[/name_u]

2 Likes

My friend and her 3 siblings all have Br- names. [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] are totally fine. But [name_m]Brenden[/name_m] and [name_u]Braeden[/name_u] are almost the same name!

4 Likes

I know four brothers named [name_m]Dante[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Damian[/name_m]…and [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]. Why? Ugh, why?

9 Likes

he also named one of his daughters [name_f]Georgetta[/name_f]

2 Likes

all I see when I read this sibset is LlllLLLlllllLlLlLlLlllllLllLllLllL

that would drive me mad!

I know a family girls are [name_f]Carole[/name_f], [name_f]Candace[/name_f], [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m], boys are [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_u]Connor[/name_u] and [name_u]Casey[/name_u].
[name_m]Ciaran[/name_m] and [name_u]Connor[/name_u] are the only ones without Ca names. This is confusing to say the least.

I know two sisters named Sushi and Zudoku :grimacing: