Sienna or Ellinor?

Help? We can’t decide between [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f]. Last name starts with D, big sister is [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. We love both names but our concerns are that a) Sienna is super popular in Australia where I’m from - coming in at #17 in 2015 and I’m worried it’s too popular, and b) my husband doesn’t think Ellinor should be shortened to Ellie, but I know people will automatically do so. Both names have Pros and cons making it difficult. Thanks for opinions!

I like [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] more as a sibset, although [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is also a lovely name.

I personally like the name [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] better, but if there is the concern that the sisters’ names will both end in “-a” (be too matchup) then I’d go with [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f].

Both beautiful names. You can’t go wrong with either. I much prefer [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] with [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. Both [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] have a more modern sound while [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] sounds more vintage.

Stylistically, [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is very different from both [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f]. As a pair, I like [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] better. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know what middle name you would use? Also, do you not care for a nickname at all, or just not [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is a better fit with [name_f]Aria[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] by far but I’m partial to the single L spelling.

I love [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], but I personally prefer [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f]

If you don’t like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nn you could always use [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_u]Lyn[/name_u], or even just [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

[name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] is on my list so I would personally go with it! [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] sound like a great sibset. I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] but I think it goes well with [name_f]Aria[/name_f], and whichever name you choose it will be fine. Number 17 is not as huge deal as top 10 I guess, but it still is popular. And about [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f]'s nickname possibilities - you could call her [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Nor[/name_f] or something else you like, and once you introduce her by the nickname of your choice I’m sure everyone else will follow.

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is beautiful (we have one & [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] her name!) We are actually considering [name_f]Aria[/name_f] for her sister, so I think it’s a great match!

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] sound like perfect sisters to me

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f]! Similiar in style, and I like that they both end in -a.
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is the natural nn choice for [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f]. You can try to control what ppl nn her when she’s younger and hope it sticks, but if it’s going to sound grating/unpleasant to you (or your husband) to hear her called [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] then I wouldn’t bother with that name. :confused:

I vote for [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] because I also am not crazy about the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] goes better with [name_f]Aria[/name_f], but both choices are nice. Where I live, [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f] is a variant spelling, so if it bothers you to spell her name all the time, you may want to take that into consideration, too.

Thank you! This is wonderful feedback! I don’t mind the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] personally (although it was my dog’s name growing up!) but my Swedish husband doesn’t believe in shortening names. As any Aussie will tell you though, it’s going to happen in Australia no matter what you do! Total culture clash! [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] was always our first pick but recently a friend mentioned that at a christening in Australia for her goddaughter [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], 4 out of 5 girls being christened that day were also called [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]! So that’s put me off even though we don’t live there and don’t know if we ever will!