Sienna vs. Jolie?

We are expecting a baby girl in [name]December[/name]. We have already decided on a boy’s name if it’s a boy, [name]Silas[/name]. Which name do you like best for [name]Silas[/name]'s sister? [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] or [name]Jolie[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]? I can’t decide between these two at all… so please let me know what you think! Other suggestions are welcome too! Thanks!

[name]Silas[/name] is a very nice name. First off i feel that [name]Sienna[/name] and [name]Jolie[/name] are of a completly different style than [name]Silas[/name]. [name]Sienna[/name] although a pretty name is too close in sound to [name]Silas[/name]. [name]Jolie[/name] seems celebrity trendy while [name]Silas[/name] is hipster yet classic. I could imagine [name]Silas[/name] having a sister named:

[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isis[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Oceana[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name]
gwenyth
[name]Blyth[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]/[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]

do u like any of these?

We actually considered both of these names. [name]Jolie[/name] [name]Reese[/name] was our first name. We did not think it sounded trendy at all. Its like 500ish on the SS List. I think [name]Jolie[/name] is sharp and beautiful. We have a [name]SIlas[/name] for a neighbor. He is about 14 months. I could see his sister being [name]Jolie[/name]. [name]SIenna[/name] and [name]Sierra[/name] both sound like “crunchy, hippier style names.” Which is fine but we are not like that much so it did not go. I think [name]Jolie[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] are both “trend setting” names, not trendy. [name]Hope[/name] that makes sense. Obviously, my vote is [name]Jolie[/name].

Thank you both for your help! [name]Jolie[/name] was our first choice, but as a nickname for [name]Jolene[/name]. Now I’ve decide I don’t like [name]Jolene[/name] because everyone said it reminded them of an old southern lady (haha). Still, I loved [name]Jolie[/name] so much that I am considering it as a stand alone first name. Surprisingly, I think [name]Sienna[/name] is less trendy than [name]Jolie[/name] on the name charts (??) but if it sounds too close to [name]Silas[/name], that’s something to consider! I definitely don’t want to sound hippy either, because neither my husband nor I are that!

[name]Jolie[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] both give off a totally different feel than [name]Silas[/name], which is classic, handsome, and not trendy. [name]Jolie[/name] is not a name; it’s the French word for ‘pretty’, and it is most definitely not used as a name in [name]France[/name] or other French speaking areas. If she ever decides to visit or live in a French speaking place, she’ll get, at the very least, a bunch of odd looks. Plus, it’s totally connected to [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. And it doesn’t have nearly as much class as [name]Silas[/name] (neither, to a lesser extent, does [name]Sienna[/name]). [name]Sienna[/name] is a place name, but it has a much more accepted use as a name than [name]Jolie[/name]. Still, I think it really doesn’t stand up to [name]Silas[/name], and it’s getting very trendy. Here are names that have a similar feel to [name]Sienna[/name] and [name]Jolie[/name] that you might like:

[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]

I think [name]Sienna[/name] is too close to [name]Silas[/name]. I’m not as opposed to [name]Jolie[/name] as some other posters have been, but I does seem to me to have a different feel than [name]Silas[/name]. I can see a [name]Jolie[/name] as a sister to a [name]Silas[/name], but it isn’t a perfect fit.

If it is between these two names, go with [name]Jolie[/name].

If you are open to suggestions, I think these go well with [name]Silas[/name]:

[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] ([name]Cora[/name], [name]Flora[/name])
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Jolie[/name]! I disagree with the earlier post that [name]Jolie[/name] “is not a name”; I knew a [name]Jolie[/name] growing up. She was lovely and sprightly as her name suggested.

[name]Sienna[/name] is too close to [name]Silas[/name] and, for my money, too popular at the moment due to [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Miller[/name].

I do not, however, like [name]Jolene[/name] – do you know the [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name] song about the woman she’s asking not to take her man?