Sienna?

Has [name]Sienna[/name] gone off the radar? I’m just curious, at one stage it seemed very popular (in Australia at least.)

I just looked up statistics for the US… [name]Sienna[/name] is going down. It doesn’t really surprise me–[name]Sierra[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] seemed to be all the rage about 5 years ago, and it feels a bit dated to me now. It’s a nice name, just not my thing, really. Apparently it ranks at number 10 in Australia, though, so I wouldn’t think it’s completely gone off the radar for you yet…

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Siena[/name] (prefer this spelling)! The popularity does seem to be going down but not by much. Last year 482 babies were named [name]Siena[/name] and 1467 were named [name]Sienna[/name] in the US so I don’t think it has completely fallen off. I think the beauty of the place makes the name even more beautiful to me :slight_smile:

I don’t know about Australia, but in the U.S., I do notice that it is more popular in particular parts of the U.S., mostly the Southwest. I really like [name]Sienna[/name].

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style /dated after 5 years of use. I looked at the stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, and even then it wasn’t popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I not think it will be there for a long time.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style /dated after 5 years of use. I looked at the stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, and even then it wasn’t popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I not think it will be there for a long time. As far as Austraila, I’m not sure.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use and I hate it when people misuse the term dated. I looked at the US stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, and even then it wasn’t popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I not think it will be there for a long time…if [name]Sienna[/name] is dated then at least one half or more of the top 1000 are dated…yes we could go down the line and compare name to name and compare the statistics of use. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use and I hate it when people misuse the term dated. I looked at the US stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, its never been very popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I not think it will be there for a long time…if [name]Sienna[/name] is dated then at least one half or more of the top 1000 are dated…yes we could go down the line and compare name to name and compare the statistics of use. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use and I hate it when people misuse the term dated. I looked at the US stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, its never been very popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I dont think it will be there for a long time…if [name]Sienna[/name] is dated then at least one half or more of the top 1000 are dated…yes we could go down the line and compare name to name and compare the statistics of use. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use and I hate it when people misuse the term dated. I looked at the US stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, its never been very popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with a slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I dont think it will be there for a long time…if [name]Sienna[/name] is dated then at least one half or more of the top 1000 are dated…yes we could go down the line and compare name to name and compare the statistics of use. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

Im going to respectfully disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use. I looked at the US stats and it wasnt really used until 5 years ago, its never been very popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with very slight drop. In order for a name to become dated, it needs to be in high use for a long period of time and people need to abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. Sienna isn’t there yet and I dont think it will be there for a long time. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

I really like the name [name]Sienna[/name]! I’m not sure why though as I tend to dislike place names and word names (since sienna could be considered a color). I think it’s a cute name but not too cutesy. I also really like [name]Serena[/name], but don’t really like [name]Sierra[/name].

[name]Sienna[/name] was at one stage my top pick for my last daughter. I never see it mentioned much on the message boards, despite its apparent popularity.

I disagree, a name doesn’t go out of style / become dated after 5 years of use. I looked at the US stats and its never been very popular…somewhere around #200, it’s remained steady with very slight drop. A name is dated after it’s been popular and in high use for a long period of time and people abandon the name, which then makes the name feel old, out of style and dated. [name]Sienna[/name] isn’t there yet and I dont think it will be there for a long time. As far as usage in Australia, I’m not sure.

In fact, Pam & Linda placed Sienna on the List: girls names moving up fast.

My DD is [name]Sienna[/name], so of course I love this name. When I think of ‘dated’ names, I tend to think more of those that stem back to the 80’s (when I was born), such as [name]Hayley[/name], [name]Melissa[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Patricia[/name], [name]Kimberley[/name], etc. Not that there is anything at all with these names, some I find particularly lovely, but they tend to equate more with the description of ‘dated’ in my mind.

Your daughter has a lovely name. In fact, [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] placed [name]Sienna[/name] on the List: girls names moving up fast.

everafter: Your daughter has a lovely name. In fact, [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] placed [name]Sienna[/name] on the List: girls names moving up fast.