Signers of the Declaration of Independence!

Hey Berries!

So, the one speck of joy I have experienced in my Government class is reading all the names! Here’s a list of all of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence for the United States! (In parentheses is how many people had that name.)

[name_u]George[/name_u] (6)
[name_m]John[/name_m] (6)
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (6)
[name_m]William[/name_m] (6)
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] (3)
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (3)
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] (3)
[name_u]James[/name_u] (2)
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] (2)
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] (2)
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Stephan[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Roger[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (1)
[name_u]Carter[/name_u] (1)
[name_m]Caesar[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Lyman[/name_m] (1)
[name_m]Elbridge[/name_m] (1)
Button (1)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you enjoy!

11 Likes

Button :smile:

8 Likes

Ooh yay, [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]! :grin:

1 Like

Wow, these are amazing! I would use so many.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Elbridge[/name_m], [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is so cool, thanks for compiling. I love the contrast between tried-and-true classics and the rare and unique. I’m a little obsessed with Button Gwinnett and always have been, I wouldn’t want to have that name myself but it’s so fun as a historical figure.

3 Likes

I love a lot of those names, but Button is more of a guilty pleasure.

2 Likes

Knew a kid with last name B0tton in high school and everyone called him Button!

1 Like

Love this!!!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites on the list are [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]! I’m also absolutely adding Button to my gp list :joy:

(I’ve also been slightly crushing on the name [name_m]Elbridge[/name_m] with nn [name_m]Ridge[/name_m]!)

1 Like

I love this! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. I’ve never heard some of these names before, but I love them all!

1 Like

Lewis, [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Caesar[/name_m], and [name_m]Lyman[/name_m] are my favorites. I’m tempted to like [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] but I much prefer [name_m]Avram[/name_m] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. :heart:

1 Like

Of these names, I like [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Caesar[/name_m]

1 Like