Silas Alexander?

We just found out we were having a boy last week, and though we had a list of girl names we loved we are having a much harder time settling on a boy name. The front runner right now is [name]Silas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]. My concern is that with my husband’s last name–[name]Mills[/name]–[name]Silas[/name] becomes a less sophisticated name. [name]Silas[/name] is a family name, and we would like to use the initials [name]SAM[/name], but now that I have said the name so many times I feel like I can’t hear what it sounds like to others. Does [name]Silas[/name] [name]Mills[/name] have a “backward” sound to it, or could you imagine him being an educated, worldly man (things that, of course, I would like for my son)?

[name]Leah[/name]

I think [name]Silas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Mills[/name] is a great combination! Definitely a very prestigious sounding name :slight_smile:

I agree, I love the sound of [name]Silas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Mills[/name]! I wouldn’t worry in the slightest about the way [name]Silas[/name] sounds with your last name. Not at all backward sounding to my ears! I have always loved the name [name]Silas[/name].

Thanks for the support! We’ve been calling him [name]Silas[/name], so I think it’s the name that is going to stick. I was worried because it can be a bit old fashioned and was concerned that [name]Mills[/name] made it sound more so, but I like the name very much despite this. [name]Glad[/name] that others don’t hear it. It feels good to have a name.

[name]Leah[/name]