Silas or Sullivan?

I’m not thrilled [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is growing in popularity, but ive always loved it. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] also seems great with Sulli as a nickname.

Thoughts? Any other similar names that are unique for boy? I’m stumped.

1 Like

Silas was one that I liked but didn’t love the popularity. We went with Linus :slight_smile: we also seriously considered Ellis!

2 Likes

I really like both! I slightly prefer [name_m]Silas[/name_m] as a first name. I think you can’t go wrong with either! It might be worth building a poll.

1 Like

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] has such a warm, cozy feel. I love [name_u]Sully[/name_u] too! Similar names to these might be…
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

1 Like

I love the sharpness of [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and the distinct sounds of [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is my preference though -literary and interesting.

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Sylvester[/name_u], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] came to mind

2 Likes

Either is fine, but if popularity is a factor, I’d go with Sullivan/Sully. [name_u]Van[/name_u] or [name_m]Vance[/name_m] is a cool nn too.

I really like both !

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] I know 3 ranging in age but 10 and under. I have only met one [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] who is in his early 20’s .

Similar names to [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Cecil[/name_u]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Denis[/name_u]
[name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

I love the versatility of [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and the nickname potential [name_u]Sully[/name_u] , [name_m]Vin[/name_m] [name_u]Van[/name_u] , [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] , [name_u]Olly[/name_u]
Similar names

[name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_u]Miller[/name_u]

SIM

definitely [name_m]Silas[/name_m]!

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] is my favorite! It has a cool nature meaning and no immediate Monsters Inc. association for me :sweat_smile:

A similar name could be [name_m]Silvan[/name_m]!

I love [name_m]Silas[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Si[/name_u]! We had it on our list for our boy, but I was concerned about popularity too. We considered [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] (really wanted the nickname [name_m]Cy[/name_m] haha) and [name_u]Forest[/name_u], but ultimately went with [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] nn [name_m]Shep[/name_m]. I think both [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] have that same Nature/Southern vibe as [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

Oh [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is definitely my favourite such a lovely name with a warm comforting vibe really wonderful name and I love the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u].

Names that feel similar to [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] & [name_m]Silas[/name_m] are [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m] & [name_m]Simon[/name_m].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

We went with [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. No matter what the popularity is with the name, we’ve just always liked [name_m]Silas[/name_m] for at least 6 or 7 years. Unlike my girls who have rare names, [name_m]Silas[/name_m] will have a name that has some popularity to it for now. I can’t ever see it breaking into the top 20 though, so I suppose I’m okay with that!

3 Likes

I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] better than [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] However I slightly prefer just [name_u]Sully[/name_u] x

I love the name [name_m]Silas[/name_m]! If I can get over how popular it is it will probably be my baby’s name if the baby is a boy. [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] both have a [name_m]Silas[/name_m] feel.

ETA: oops, this is an old thread. thanks for the update which I totally missed! Sounds like Silas had been named! Great choice :slight_smile:

Original post:

I’d stick with Silas! I like Sullivan, but personally don’t like the nickname Sulli (I think of the verb to sully, but this is a personal hang up—I think the name is totally usable!). But mostly I’d worry you’d regret not using a name because of rising popularity when it’s one you’ve loved for a long time.
I think these names sound very cool together, so a combo with both could be one solution.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] 100%