silas, rory or ezra...we need help!

i really love our girl name choice - but am so stuck for a boy.
i’ve posted before and haven’t gotten much in the way of a response - so i am back again!

our top three choices are silas, ezra or rory.
keep in mind - our last name starts with an s - which makes me a little nervous about silas…but sometimes i think it is cute with all the s’s - unless our kid has a speech impediment :wink:
i’ve gone back and forth and would really love more input!!!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]. [name]Silas[/name] is great, depending on the last name. [name]Rory[/name] is a bit too androgynous for my taste, but not bad. [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Silas[/name] would make a great fn/mn combo. :slight_smile:

[name]Ezra[/name]

I’m digging [name]Ezra[/name], but [name]Silas[/name] is a close second. I like [name]Rory[/name] too, but not as well as the others.

You should post a poll. You might have a lot of people vote on a poll but not necessarily leave comments.

I really like all of your choices! [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] are both nice, and [name]Rory[/name] is one of the very few names I like for either sex. Sorry I’m no help…I can’t choose!

I personally would rule out [name]Rory[/name]. [name]Rory[/name] is just too hard to say, especially for a little kid (and ESPECIALLY one with a speech impediment!). It feels awkward in my mouth as well. That leaves [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name], which are both great names. I would go with [name]Ezra[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are cool, but I think [name]Ezra[/name] is just a little cooler. I’ve always liked the nicknames Ez and Ezzy for [name]Ezra[/name] too (not that [name]Ezra[/name] really needs a nickname). Would you consider naming your son [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Silas[/name]?

I love both [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]. I prefer the sound of [name]Silas[/name], but with an S last name it might be too much. Also, I have a strong personal association with [name]Silas[/name] with the evil monk from the Da [name]Vinci[/name] Code… that was the first place I ever heard the name. My vote goes to [name]Ezra[/name]. I don’t like [name]Rory[/name] as a name by itself on either gender, but [name]Riordan[/name] NN [name]Rory[/name] is nice for a boy.

What about [name]Simon[/name]?

I love love love [name]Silas[/name]!

I love the name [name]Rory[/name]

[name]Ezra[/name] & [name]Silas[/name] are both on my list! In fact, if my first child had been a boy, we would already have a [name]Silas[/name]. Now it’s back on a short list, also with [name]Miles[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], & [name]Liam[/name].

[name]Rory[/name] sounds like a girl’s name to me, probably because I used to be a huge [name]Gilmore[/name] Girl’s fan, and [name]Rory[/name] [name]Gilmore[/name] was one of the female main characters.

I love [name]Ezra[/name]!

I’d choose [name]Ezra[/name]! [name]Rory[/name] sounds too feminine to me and [name]Silas[/name] is a bit long on s’s!

I love the name [name]Ezra[/name]! [name]Rory[/name] is cute, but I think it would be better for a little girl. [name]Silas[/name] is cool, but with an “S” last name, it could be difficult for a little guy to say. So, [name]Ezra[/name]! I really want to use this for a future son. The only thing is, it seems difficult to find sibling names that ‘go with’ [name]Ezra[/name]. I think a boy/girl sibset, [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Ada[/name], would be cute, with “[name]Ada[/name]” being pronounced “A-duh” instead of “[name]AH[/name]-duh”.

I agree with a previous poster that [name]Rory[/name] is very hard to say. It is far more common for young children not to be able to say their Rs then their Ss. That leaves [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name]. Personally, I love [name]Silas[/name] but with an S last name it might not sound too great. If [name]Silas[/name] didnt end in an S as well I would say go for it, but when the fn ends in the same letter the last name starts with the two can blend together. I think [name]Ezra[/name] is probably the best choice. You might also like [name]Asa[/name], it gives me a similar vibe as [name]Ezra[/name].

If you don’t think that [name]Rory[/name] would be too hard for him to say, that’s my pick. Otherwise [name]Ezra[/name] gets my vote. About the unisex factor: I’ve heard of some girls named [name]Ezra[/name], but both names I mentioned are still good for a boy [name]IMO[/name].

Others have already expressed their ruling on [name]Rory[/name], and I would have to agree. I have heard of girls called [name]Rory[/name], and it’s certainly the most feminine of these three names. I can’t imagine it again well either. It would be quite strange to meet a 77 year old man named [name]Rory[/name].
On the other hand, [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name] are excellent choices. I have a strong preference for [name]Ezra[/name], and the fact that your last name starts with an S makes [name]Ezra[/name] an easy choice over [name]Silas[/name]. I think the names go very well together, though. If you ever considered using two middle names, [name]Silas[/name] would be great in the first middle name slot.