Silas with an S- last name?

I love the name Silas, but our last name begins with an S. Too much? Does the second S get lost?

My husband likes Jeremiah, and 2y/o insists on Gideon. Middle name we’re leaning toward is Wilder. Big brother is Holden.

Other suggestions are welcome!

1 Like

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] is delightful! I think it sounds really really cool with an S last name. I don’t mind that the two blend together a bit. Sounds very cool!!!

Also… [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_u]Holden[/name_u] together!? Too perfect!!!

I do think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] is kind of hard to say, but you (and he) would get used to pausing between the two names.

Other suggestions that seem like they would go with [name_u]Holden[/name_u]:

[name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_m]Athen[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_m]Hoke[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_m]Macklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

Unfortunately I do think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] is too much. I think since the last name not only starts with S but also has the S sound in the middle, and since [name_m]Silas[/name_m] both starts and ends with S, it’s definitely very hissy overall. I’m partial to [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] works really well together!

1 Like

I love how [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] sounds! I actually quite enjoy when names feel like they flow into together like that. It doesn’t seem too much.

I like alliteration in the right combo, but as others have said I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] is just too much due to the S sound in the middle of your surname too. It’s not totally unusable, but I’d personally keep looking.

I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] or even [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] as a first name for you! :evergreen_tree:

How about…

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Judah[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Elwood[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] sounds okay to me - I’ve heard more rhymey/tongue-twistery ones before

A few suggestions that came to mind:

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]. Though I do agree, seems a bit too much, for me personally. [name_u]Love[/name_u] someone else’s suggestion of [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] though. And I don’t think it would be too much for that one!