Simona

I love the name [name]Simona[/name] but I’m not sure if I could ever use it. I have a good friend whose sister is [name]Simona[/name]. I don’t see this friend very often, and I only see her sister ever few years, but since we met when we were young I’ve known them a long time. I have no negative feelings towards [name]Simona[/name], I haven’t known her well in years, but since she’s the only one I’ve met I just think of her. [name]Do[/name] you think I could get over that?

I have trouble with stuff like that. I could use [name]Catherine[/name] because I’ve known dozens, but I couldn’t use [name]Catalina[/name] because I’ve only known one and since it’s so distinct I really think of her when I say it! At the same time I think if you use it in a matter of time it will become completely you daughters.

If you want similar names
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Sidonia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Winona[/name]

I love [name]Simona[/name] and there’s also a variant [name]Simonetta[/name] that’s also lovely.

It is a unique name so it’s easier to associate with the only one you know…but I dont see it as an issue at all. I dont think the association would linger (certainly not once its associated with your own daughter!!)

If anyone ever said anything, then you just tell them that you loved the name and are happy you knew her sister because otherwise you might never have found your perfect name (or something like that)…all true.

I do prefer [name]Simone[/name] slightly, but [name]Simona[/name] is a very nice name.