Sincerely yours, Sincere

How do you feel about the name [name_u]Sincere[/name_u]? Is it a gender neutral name?

It feels like a brave, gender neutral virtue name.

3 Likes

I think I prefer [name_f]Sincerity[/name_f] as a name?

2 Likes

I would prefer [name_f]Serene[/name_f], because I’m not sure if [name_u]Sincere[/name_u] is usable as a first name. It feels more feminine than masculine to me.

3 Likes

I think it actually sounds masculine. Sort of like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]? I actually don’t think it’s bad at all.

1 Like

I’m a teacher and I had a student named [name_u]Sincere[/name_u] (male). He was a very difficult child to work with which kind of taints my perspective of the name, since the only one I know wasn’t a positive association. He also lied all the time, which I did sort of appreciate the irony.

That being said, I think it’s got a nice sound and the meaning is pleasant.

5 Likes

I’m not personally a fan, sorry.

1 Like

Seems gender neutral, leaning towards masculine. To be honest I’m not a fan, though. It feels heavy, and while naming a kid something that means sincere would be okay, naming a kid [name_u]Sincere[/name_u] seems like a lot of expectation. Also there aren’t really any good nicknames if he/she/they don’t like it… Sin is off the table, Cere sounds like sear, and [name_u]Ceri[/name_u] sounds like [name_f]Siri[/name_f], which might not too bad, but at the same time isn’t ideal.

3 Likes

I’m all for virtue names, but to me this one is too wordy, since I’m not used to hearing it as a name.

I think that [name_u]Sincere[/name_u] is bold, but could work especially as a middle name.