Sinclair/Sinclaire Rose or Rose Sinclaire/Sinclair Williams

I was playing around with my boy names and came across the name [name]Sinclair[/name]. I really like it as a mn for a boy. I started doing some research on the history and meaning of the name [name]Sinclair[/name] and apparently its the family that was rumored to be carrying the blood of [name]Christ[/name] if you read the Da [name]Vinci[/name] Code. The name has a lot of real life history behind it. I love history and I think that the name is very pretty and unusual for a girl. What do you think of it as a name for a girl?? I really like the name [name]Rose[/name] with it. I am leaning towards [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name].

The name [name]Sinclair[/name] has been playing on my mind lately. I love the way it sounds,debonair for a boy and old Hollywood for a girl. I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] is gorgeous!

I agree. Because of the ‘claire’ sound it works for girls but I also like it for a boy. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as a first name so I probably prefer it as the fn, but the combo works either way. [name]Lovely[/name]!

I think I like it better on a girl. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] is gorgeous!

I like the flow of [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] the best now. I wasn’t sure if [name]Rose[/name] as a fn was all that popular. I like the idea of calling her by both her fn and mn.

For a girl, would you leave the original spelling of [name]Sinclair[/name], or add the e to [name]Sinclaire[/name] so its more "[name]Claire[/name]"ish??

I would spell it [name]Sinclair[/name]. Something about [name]Sinclaire[/name] doesn’t look right to me.

I like it and it is nice to see [name]Rose[/name] in the fn spot. However, as you like unusual names wouldn’t you prefer a more unusual [name]Rose[/name] name? I think that [name]Sinclair[/name] works famously in the mn spot.

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name] My pick, in fact I love it! nn [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name]

[name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] would be very pretty!

I like [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name]. It has a Renaissance feel to it.

[name]Do[/name] you really think that it is better than [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]? Something about the simplicity of the name [name]Rose[/name] appeals to me. I know that names like [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] have become quite popular based on last years data and probably more so this year, but do you think [name]Rose[/name] will have the same popularity?

What about [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name]?

I too like the simplicity of [name]Rose[/name], however I think [name]Rosalind[/name] has a better flow. Since [name]Rose[/name] ends with S and [name]Sinclair[/name] begins with S, the two kind of run into eachother. [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] would be very cool, as you said, it has a renaissance/Shakespearean feel to it.

I prefer the others to [name]Rosemarie[/name]. I feel like the styles clash a bit with [name]Rosemarie[/name] being more of a spunky, mid-century name and [name]Sinclair[/name] being reserved and elegant.

I love [name]Rose[/name] as a first name (seriously love it), where it’s underused (I think it’s #344 at the moment), but like Justthinkin said, because [name]Rose[/name] ends in an s sound and [name]Sinclair[/name] (I’d keep the [name]Sinclair[/name] spelling) begins with one, the S’s run together to me, sounding like [name]Ro[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] when I say it out loud.

I think that the flow of [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] is gorgeous, and I also love Rosamel [name]Sinclair[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name], too.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

No, I think it loses something as [name]Rosemarie[/name] (I assume same as [name]Rosemary[/name]).

I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name] is lovely but as I said before I felt that you may like something a little less popular because of your post re the boy’s names.

Keep [name]Rose[/name] if you love it.

PS [name]Just[/name] read [name]Jill[/name]'s post and I agree with her but having said that if you are happy with the combo and most of her life she will be [name]Rose[/name] [name]Williams[/name] I don’t think it is enough of a problem to rethink the combo if you are happy.

I think I got the combo I like now!!

[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Williams[/name]- I am pronouncing it [name]Rose[/name]-a-linn (nn [name]Rose[/name])

It has [name]Rose[/name], it has something between the double S.

[name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] I love too. I really dont like the names [name]Kaitlyn[/name], [name]Jaylyn[/name], and all the other -lyn names that have become really popular lately. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Roselyn[/name] fits into that category too?

No, I don’t but I much prefer [name]Roslyn[/name] and the pronunciation is [name]Roz[/name] lyn. If you wish to emphasise the ‘a’ then I would spell as [name]Rosalind[/name].

I agree that when I look at [name]Roselyn[/name], I don’t see [name]Rose[/name]-a-linn. I actually would just pronounce it like [name]Rose[/name]-linn. [name]Rosalyn[/name] maybe a better spelling for that pronounciation. When prononced [name]Roz[/name]-lyn, it reminds me of those ads for gold I’ve been seeing from [name]Roslyn[/name] (sp?) Capital.

The -lyn does strike me as a bit trendy, what about Roseline?

Is [name]Rosalin[/name] too much of a made-up spelling? I think it gets the pronunciation across the best. Otherwise, I think [name]Roslyn[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name].

I love [name]Roselyn[/name] (with the [name]Rose[/name] pronunciation, not [name]Roz[/name]), but do think the -lyn ending is a bit trendy, along the lines of [name]Madelyn[/name] instead of [name]Madeleine[/name]. I can’t remember who suggested it (I’m sorry!), but I love the [name]Rosaline[/name] suggestion (athough I do see the word “saline” in there). I’m thinking that with any [name]Rose[/name] name other than [name]Rosalie[/name], “[name]Roz[/name]” mispronunciations may arise, and she’ll have to constantly tell people, “It’s [name]Rose[/name]-a-lin, not [name]Roz[/name]-a-lyn.”

I love the name [name]Rose[/name] so much, and just out of curiousity, I was wondering if there are other middle names you like in the middle, in addition to [name]Sinclair[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sinclaire[/name] is the best!

I love the name [name]Sinclair[/name]. I like the sound of it, the flow of it, etc. I think that it does work best as a middle name. I am curious though what you would suggest as a sibset name to go with [name]Sinclair[/name] as a middle name. I would like my kids to have the same theme/feel/sound etc to them. Any suggestions?