sister Esme for my son Diego?

Hello everyone. This is my first time here. I’m due in 3 weeks and am back and forth on the name [name]Esme[/name] and I feel like I’m running out of time.
The 3 reasons I like [name]Esme[/name] are that it’s short (our last name is Villafuerte, so I prefer a short name to counterbalance it), it’s unique, and it can be pronounced easily by my Spanish-speaking family.
The problem is that though I love how exotic it looks with the accent above the second E, which is the proper French way to spell it, I’ve heard that if I add that accent it might create problems since it’s not part of the English alphabet. I’m not exactly sure what kind of problems, but if anyone knows, please clue me in! Another problem with the accent is that Spanish-speaking people might see the accent and pronounce it kinda funny. If I take away the accent, for me it takes away the charm of the name.
Last but not least, does it even go with [name]Diego[/name]?
Help! I’d love to hear what others think.

[name]Hi[/name]! I really love your son’s name, and I think that [name]Esme[/name] is gorgeous! At first, my honest reaction was that I didn’t expect to see the French [name]Esme[/name] with [name]Diego[/name], but the more I thought about, they worked together for me because of their shared exotic feel.

If you love the accent, I don’t see anything wrong with using it. [name]Michael[/name] J. [name]Fox[/name] has a little [name]Esme[/name] ([name]Esme[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]), and from what I’ve seen, he and his wife chose to use the accent. It may not show up all the time with certain computer programs (and from what you said, you don’t like the look of [name]Esme[/name] without the accent)and it may be a bit of a hassle for her to correct people who forget to use it, but if those issues don’t bother you, that’s what matters.

I love how [name]Esme[/name] sounds with your last name! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Esme[/name] Villafuerte is absolutely beautiful. I agree with [name]Jill[/name], I think it goes well with [name]Diego[/name]. I think the main problem with the accent on the e is that it would not show up if typed very frequently, however, you can find it if you look under “symbols” in most word processing programs. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Thank you both for your responses and reassurances. I think I’m going to stick with [name]Esme[/name]!