Sister for Abriella and Josephine. Julia or Emily?

I am totally split between [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Emily[/name]. My daughters names are Abriella ([name]Abby[/name]) and [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name]). I love the idea of [name]Emmi[/name] as a nickname for [name]Emily[/name], but hate how popular it is. I also have had [name]Julia[/name] high on my idea list for my other daughters when they were born, but I really like Nicknames and my husband hates jewlz. Please help me. I am also stuck on 1 syllable MN. Thx

If I had to pick between the two I’d pick [name]Emily[/name]. I feel like Abriella is definitely the odd one out in either case. With [name]Julia[/name] she might question why both her sisters got common, familiar “J” names while she got an uncommon, unique “A” name instead.

With [name]Emily[/name] you may still have a problem with the common [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], but at least each girl gets their own unique initial.

Here are some suggestions for first names/nick names that go with your current names. I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Emily[/name], only because it’s very popular and sort of plain-sounding to me, even though it’s also very cute/sweet. To call someone named [name]Emily[/name] “[name]Emmi[/name]” seems a bit of a stretch, but if you like it, you like it! The nn does not seem as established as [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Abby[/name], though…much more cutesie and insubstantial. Eh, anyway, maybe some of these will spark something!

[name]Sylvia[/name] nn [name]Sylvie[/name] (even though [name]Sylvie[/name] is technically the French variant of [name]Sylvia[/name], it works as a nn too!)

[name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Susie[/name]

[name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Catie[/name]

[name]Mirabel[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name] or [name]Mira[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name]

[name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] nn [name]Mimi[/name] or [name]Molly[/name]

ETA: I really like Julia. Do you have something against Julie as a nick name? Or even Lia?

[name]Emily[/name]. It has a beautiful sound and meaning.

I knew an [name]Emmi/name whose name was [name]Emmalie[/name] or [name]Emilie[/name] (can’t remember which spelling). I kind of like [name]Emily[/name] spelled like that because it gives a name that is SO common a different look.
What about [name]Emeline[/name] or [name]Emilia[/name] or [name]Emina[/name]?? They kind of go more with the longer names of your girls.

Prefer [name]Emmi[/name] to [name]Julia[/name]. [name]Emily[/name] is too common. [name]Every[/name] [name]Emily[/name] I have ever known wished to have a different name. I don’t know a single woman or little girl that likes “[name]Emily[/name]” because of how common it is.

Names for [name]Emmi[/name]:

[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Emmanuelle[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]

([name]Emmi[/name])M.E.:

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Eyre[/name]
[name]Maude[/name] [name]Edith[/name]
[name]Maureen[/name] [name]Eluned[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name] [name]Emira[/name]
[name]Medrie[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Meliora[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Merritt[/name] [name]Elysia[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Etude[/name]
[name]Moira[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]

Thank you for the advise. I like the suggestion of [name]Mirabel[/name], but fear she will be teased with [name]Mira[/name] [name]Mira[/name] on the wall. We are from Mass so that is how people say mirror around here. I don’t like [name]Julie[/name] very much. My husband and I do not agree on many names. he would rather [name]Juliana[/name], but I don’t want her to be called [name]Julie[/name]. I was also considering [name]Evelyn[/name], but questioned the NN of [name]Evie[/name], if it would be eh-Vee or EE-vee. We had a problem with [name]Josie[/name]. because we pronounce [name]Jo[/name]-Cee and everyone else in the world says [name]Jo[/name]-[name]Zee[/name]. My husband is to stubborn to change so now she gets called both, witch has really drove me crazy me. My husband likes old fashion names and I like really feminine names that are a little less used. Eventhough [name]Emily[/name] is one of the ones we agree on.

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful but I think [name]Emily[/name] might be a better choice so that each girl will get a unique initial.

I know an [name]Emily[/name] nn [name]Emmie[/name], and it works perfectly well. You chose two of my favorite names. [name]Julia[/name] is probably my favorite though. Such rich sounds. I like [name]Emily[/name], but it doesn’t have the richness of [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Julia[/name]. No question. As a person born in the nineties I know at least 10 Emilys my age. I know several young ones. I even know a baby named [name]Emily[/name]. It was the second most popular name of the nineties, first of the 2000’s and is STILL in the Top Ten. I beg you don’t use [name]Emily[/name] unless you want your child to be trapped in a sea of Emilys. If you really want [name]Emmie[/name] as a nm use [name]Emmeline[/name] or [name]Emery[/name] or [name]Emma[/name] or even [name]Emmett[/name].

[name]DON[/name]'T NAME YOUR CHILD [name]EMILY[/name]!!!