Sister for Anthony & Miranda

my aunt is adopting a baby girl and has has asked me to help think of a name that fits well with the names of her other two children…
they are [name]Robert[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]…
i always thought those two names went really well together, but i’m at a loss to think of another that works well…
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] (nn [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] (a bit close to [name]Miranda[/name]'s ending, though)
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

Best wishes to you and your aunt! :slight_smile:

I second [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name].

[name]Juliet[/name] is one of my favourite names and [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] are perfect together, indeed the whole sibset works perfectly.

I love the name [name]Miranda[/name]! I also like the suggestion of [name]Juliet[/name].

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]

I fourth all the others! When I hear [name]Miranda[/name] I think…[name]Juliet[/name]! Perfect Shakespearean pair. [name]Anthony[/name] (as in [name]Mark[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]) fits with the Shakesperean theme as well.

I also think [name]Eleanor[/name] goes well with [name]Miranda[/name], but then I’m totally biased as this is my own sibset ;p

Others (Shakespearean):

[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Perdita[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Gosh, [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Anthony[/name] are perfect! Does the boy go by [name]Anthony[/name]? I saw that his first name isn’t [name]Anthony[/name]…

[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Beatriz[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Imogene[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Good luck!

yes… he goes by his middle name…
his friends call him [name]Robert[/name], but his family calls him [name]Anthony[/name]…
miranda, on the other hand, hates her middle name because it’s so popular and is begging her mother to give the new baby a less popular name… which my aunt would like to do… but most of the names that appeal to her are pretty classic names.
i suppose i should tell you a little about my aunt’s unique family…
[name]Anthony[/name] is 18 years older than [name]Miranda[/name] who is now eleven years old… so there’s a considerable age difference.
i did suggest [name]Juliet[/name], but she tends to associate that name with an older lady and can’t see giving that name to her new baby…
she is, however, intrigued by the shakesperean theme and didn’t even realize it was there till i pointed it out to her this morning…
she said that she would definitely consider giving her third child a shakesperean name…
she won’t consider names like [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Hermia[/name], or [name]Portia[/name]… those are way too out there for her…
these are some that i think she might like… even though they seem to be really popular::
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name], how popular is it?)
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] (though i don’t think she’d really go for it and most people would associate it with the recent movie about a pregnant teen)
[name]Katharina[/name] (or [name]Katerina[/name], if you take liberty with the spelling. thoughts?)
[name]Emilia[/name] (love it… but aren’t [name]Emily[/name]-type names, REALLY popular these days?)
[name]Phebe[/name] (prefer the spelling [name]Phoebe[/name])
[name]Audrey[/name]

thoughts? opinions?

I’d prefer [name]Junia[/name] instead of [name]Juno[/name]…
But what about [name]Mathilda[/name]?

[name]Mathilda[/name], while it’s a beautiful name, i think it’s bit too close to [name]Miranda[/name].

I thought I’d suggest some more Shakespearean names:

[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Phebe[/name] - [name]Phoebe[/name] is darling, with the “correct” spelling!
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name] - I think I’m one of the few that love this name!
[name]Portia[/name] - sounds like a rich snob, bit its Shakespearean…
[name]Regan[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Francisca[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]*
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] - another rich snob name in my opinion, sorry…
[name]Katharina[/name] - or [name]Katherine[/name]?
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] - love it!
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Paulina[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]

Any of these work?

[name]Diana[/name] - Seems a bit too plain for my aunt…
[name]Audrey[/name] - very pretty… she might really like it.
[name]Celia[/name] - hadn’t considered… it’s a possibility.
[name]Phebe[/name] - [name]Phoebe[/name] is darling, with the “correct” spelling! - i agree… i much prefer the [name]Phoebe[/name] spelling… it’s just unusual enough that little [name]Miranda[/name] might [name]LOVE[/name] it for her baby sister.
[name]Rosalind[/name] - my aunt prefers [name]Rosalee[/name], but we have a relative who just named her daughter that…
[name]Luciana[/name] - is very beautiful, but may be a bit “out there”. Also don’t like the flow with [name]Anthony[/name] & [name]Miranda[/name]… it just doesn’t seem to fit.
[name]Nell[/name] - makes me think of an old lady…
[name]Helen[/name] - far too plain.
[name]Imogen[/name] - [name]Miranda[/name] actually laughed when i suggested this earlier… thought i’d made it up… silly girl…
[name]Ophelia[/name] - I think I’m one of the few that love this name! - i love [name]Ophelia[/name], but reminds me of a song by a band that my aunt can’t stand when i listen to them… love the name, love the song, auntie would NEVER go for it!!
[name]Portia[/name] - sounds like a rich snob, bit its Shakespearean… - agreed on the snobby sound…
[name]Regan[/name] - ooh. hadn’t considered. is very cute. will add it to the list!!
[name]Rosaline[/name] - again… prefer rosalee… but can’t use it.
[name]Francisca[/name] - is that sort of like Franchesca? i kind of like it. Doubt aunt will go for it. Also, doesn’t really flow with [name]Anthony[/name] & [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] - [name]ADORE[/name]!! far too popular. we know three people already this year who named their daughters that.
[name]Juliet[/name]* - aunt already veto’d… says it makes her think of an old lady.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - [name]Miranda[/name] was VERY against this one. Theres a little girl at school with this name who’s always been mean to her. sad though, because it’s a really nice name.
[name]Margaret[/name] - I like it… don’t know if Auntie and [name]Miranda[/name] will go for it… will suggest. absolutely adore the [name]Maggie[/name] nn possibility.
[name]Ursula[/name] - all i see is the villan in the little mermaid.
[name]Emilia[/name] - [name]ADORE[/name]. Aunt might really love this one too.
[name]Bianca[/name] - another rich snob name in my opinion, sorry… - i disagree with you here… i absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]… how popular is it?
[name]Katharina[/name] - or [name]Katherine[/name]? - it’s ok… like the spelling [name]Katerina[/name]… don’t know if Auntie will like it or not…
[name]Ariel[/name] - Have already suggested… [name]Miranda[/name] is on board because she loves the little mermaid… but Auntie doesn’t want that association…
[name]Iris[/name] - i don’t think it fits well with the siblings… miranda and anthony are both three syllables… i think in order to fit… the baby will need a longer name…
[name]Maria[/name] - far too popular.
[name]Olivia[/name] - ditto.
[name]Viola[/name] - love it! - i really like this name.
[name]Julia[/name] - too close to juliet which has already been veto’d
[name]Silvia[/name] - i’m not a fan.
[name]Hermione[/name] - i know shakespeare thought of it first, but all i see is that adorable little girl from harry potter.
[name]Paulina[/name] - miranda will never go for it.
[name]Helena[/name] - dislike… but seems like one auntie might like. will suggest.
[name]Mariana[/name] - love love… but is far too close to [name]Miranda[/name]

Okay, I’ve done some research into the names that you thought your aunt and [name]Miranda[/name] might like, and here is what I came up with:

[name]Audrey[/name] - English - “noble strength” - #44
[name]Celia[/name] - Latin - “heaven” - #757
[name]Phoebe[/name] - Greek - “bright, shining” - #348
[name]Regan[/name] - Celtic/Gaelic - “royal, regal” - #685
[name]Margaret[/name] - English - “pearl” - #180
[name]Emilia[/name] - Latin - “to strive, excel, or rival” - #401
[name]Bianca[/name] - Italian - “white” - #204
[name]Katarina[/name] - Italian - “pure” - #951
[name]Viola[/name] - Italian - “violet” - NOT RANKED
[name]Helena[/name] - Greek - “light” - #612

For comparison, [name]Anthony[/name] is currently (2008) ranked #7, whereas [name]Robert[/name] is currently #49. In the year of his birth, which I assume to be 1980, [name]Anthony[/name] was #24, and [name]Robert[/name] #9. [name]Miranda[/name] is currently (2008) ranked #163, and [name]Nicole[/name] is ranked #106. In the year of her birth, which I assume to be 1998, [name]Miranda[/name] was ranked #80 and [name]Nicole[/name] was ranked #24.

It is also interesting to note that both [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name]'s names, with middles, contain a total of five syllables, and both [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] are names of Latin origin. [name]Robert[/name] is English whereas [name]Nicole[/name] is French.

Thus, with this information, I would give the new baby girl a Latin name, which limits the search to [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name]. Also, with [name]Celia[/name] being three syllables, I would choose a two syllable middle name, perhaps [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Regan[/name], or [name]Audrey[/name]. With [name]Emilia[/name] being four syllables, I would choose a one syllable middle name. My favorite name with [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name], but especially [name]Miranda[/name] (considering she is still young and at home), is [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name] - your aunt could nickname her Cece or [name]Lia[/name]!

Best wishes!

WOW!!! you put so much thought into that… i can’t thank you enough for your hard work… i knew that [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] worked well together… but i never knew that they were THAT compatible… my aunt has a definite naming style that i see a lot more clearly now because of your work…
my personal taste runs all over the place… i just love names.
anyway… your suggestions::
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name] is absolutely adorable. i think my Aunt will definitely love this one… i’m putting it at the top of my list with a star…
i’m still holding on tight to [name]Bianca[/name] though… i just love it!! i think it works well with the other two names…
i also still like [name]Emilia[/name]…
i agree it has too many syllables though. what if she picked a one syllable middle name though… it’s not really the same pattern as the other two… but does hold to the same five syllable rule
what about something like [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]? it’s unique enough to make [name]Miranda[/name] happy, but classic enough to please my Aunt… and of course… [name]Anthony[/name] has no opinion…
what do you think?
what are some other five syllable suggestions?

I’m so glad you like [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name]! I think it has just the right amount of classic elegance and spunk to mesh well with [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name], and it is still really modern and cute!

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] doesn’t have the best flow in my opinion, simply because of the repeating L sounds. What about [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Joy[/name], or [name]Emilia[/name] [name]June[/name]?

I just can’t latch onto [name]Bianca[/name]! I’m so sorry - I just have this image of a snobby, terrible girl in my mind, and, when compared to the sweet and gentle [name]Miranda[/name], I just don’t like it! [name]Bianca[/name] reminds me of the annoying, popular, snotty little sister in 10 Things I Hate About You, and, apparently I’m not the only one who thinks this about [name]Bianca[/name] - I googled it. But, if you and your aunt like it, then there is nothing I can do… :slight_smile:

Oh, even though I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name], I thought I’d suggest some additional three-syllable Latin names for you and your aunt (plus [name]Miranda[/name]) to ponder:

[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]

My favorite from this list would probably be [name]Serena[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] ([name]Serena[/name] - Latin - “serene, calm” - #374), but I think [name]Celia[/name] is more uncommon and original, not to mention it has the added plus of being a Shakespearean name!

i discussed [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Bianca[/name] with Auntie this morning… she loves [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name]… but doesn’t want to use a name ending with the A sound for the baby’s first name… i suggested reversing it and calling the baby [name]Regan[/name] [name]Celia[/name]… which she liked a lot… and it’s going on the definitely maybe list…
[name]Bianca[/name] is out as a first name… but might still work as a middle. She still likes it… and [name]Miranda[/name] has been working on her about [name]Ariel[/name]…
[name]Miranda[/name] is in love with [name]Ariel[/name]…
I think it might work in the sibset too…
[name]Anthony[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], & [name]Ariel[/name]…
[name]Ariel[/name] feels a bit more exotic than the other two… but i [name]Miranda[/name] and i really like it… any ideas on some combos using [name]Ariel[/name]…
others that i think my Auntie will like that don’t use the -a sound at the end::
[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] - was originally [name]Isabella[/name], but works as [name]Isabel[/name]… does it still count as shakespearian if we remove the -a from the end? if so, it will make a beautiful sibset ([name]Anthony[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Isabel[/name])
I like [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] best with [name]Miranda[/name]…

once again… thanks so much for all your opinions… you’re really helping a lot!!

I understand your aunt not wanting to use two names with the same ending for her children, but I really don’t think it is a big deal. I think that, in order to get a name that matches the femininity and style of [name]Miranda[/name], she may need to reconsider this.

[name]Regan[/name] [name]Celia[/name] is cute, but [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name] works much better with [name]Miranda[/name]. [name]Regan[/name] is a unisex name, whereas [name]Miranda[/name] is very feminine and [name]Anthony[/name] is very masculine.

As for [name]Ariel[/name], this name is Hebrew, so it won’t have that Latin feel. Also, I really don’t think [name]Ariel[/name] captures the feminine elegance that [name]Miranda[/name]'s name has. In fact, I view it as rather childish (The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid), and I would encourage you and [name]Miranda[/name] to think further about this name. I’m also not fond of using the same letters to start names, and A has already been used for [name]Anthony[/name]'s name…

[name]Adrienne[/name] is a Latin name, so that is a plus. However, it starts in an A, like [name]Anthony[/name]. I like [name]Adrienne[/name], but I also don’t think it is quite as pretty as [name]Miranda[/name]. But, I do think it is a good option.

[name]Phoebe[/name] is a really cute Greek name with a Shakespearean connection, so I love that! Is your aunt okay with not going with a three-syllable first name? If so, I think [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Callista[/name] ([name]Callista[/name] is a Greek name meaning “most beautiful”) would be a very pretty name!

[name]Constance[/name] sounds old and tired compared to the vibrant and sassy [name]Miranda[/name]. I don’t think it fits at all, personally. Sorry!

[name]Audrey[/name] has been mentioned before, but I don’t really love it with [name]Miranda[/name]. They seem to have very different feels, with [name]Audrey[/name] conjuring up a more classic image of Old Hollywood and [name]Miranda[/name] feeling fresher and, well, Shakespearean. [name]Audrey[/name] is also very popular!

[name]Isabel[/name] is beautiful. This is my favorite spelling of the name, and I do agree that the three names flow beautifully together! [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Regan[/name] or [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] would be cute - if we use the names you already like. If not, I’d recommend another Spanish name for the middle, perhaps [name]Isabel[/name] Reia (“queen”), [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Tea[/name] (“gift of God”, pronounced [name]TEY[/name]-uh), or [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Vita[/name] (“life”).

Thus, from your limited list, my favorites are [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name], but [name]Adrienne[/name] is okay. I would eliminate [name]Constance[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], and [name]Ariel[/name]. I would also reconsider [name]Celia[/name] [name]Regan[/name].

Some more Latin names that do not end in A, and do not start with A or M:

[name]Beatriz[/name] - “bringer of joy” (But [name]Miranda[/name] hates [name]Beatrice[/name], right?)
[name]Caroline[/name] - “beautiful woman”
[name]Estelle[/name] - “star”
[name]Vivian[/name] - “alive”

My new favorites would be [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name]. I like [name]Estelle[/name], but I don’t know why it says it is a three-syllable name. It could be a pretty middle name! Good luck!

Auntie is IN [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Isabel[/name]…

[name]Miranda[/name] likes [name]Isabel[/name] but is still dying to use [name]Ariel[/name]… lol… she won’t let it go…

how do you all feel about::
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]

any fresh mn suggestions for [name]Isabel[/name] are welcome as well!
thanks so much for all your help!!

I also love [name]Isabel[/name] with [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name]. It may not be Latin, but it certainly has that elegance and Shakespearean feel that your aunt is after! If you could please tell her not to call her [name]Bella[/name], I’d love your aunt forever - far too many [name]Bella[/name]'s in this world right now for my liking! :slight_smile:

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Ariel[/name] - I do not at all care for the repetition of the -el ending in this name. I don’t know how to get [name]Miranda[/name] to drop [name]Ariel[/name] from her list, but maybe ask her how she would feel as a grown woman having the name of a Disney princess? Hopefully, she will see that it does seem a bit silly. Perhaps you and your aunt could get [name]Miranda[/name] a goldfish or something that she can name [name]Ariel[/name] - good practice with responsibility or something!

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] - I don’t think the repetition of the B sound is very nice in this name, though I do like a name ending in -a as the middle name…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] - I personally think [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] sounds much sweeter, but it would depend on the last name!

I take it these other suggestions weren’t hits? [name]Isabel[/name] Reia (“queen”), [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Tea[/name] (“gift of God”, pronounced [name]TEY[/name]-uh), or [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Vita[/name] (“life”)…

Here are a few more…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aria[/name] - “solo melody” - Italian - It’s like [name]Ariel[/name], but better!
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aimee[/name] - “beloved friend” - French - [name]Nicole[/name] is French…
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Camille[/name] - “perfect” - French - Perfect? I’d say so!
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] - “pretty” - French - There’s [name]Angelina[/name] to consider…
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] - “admirable” - French - It’s said “mee-[name]RAY[/name]”.
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Renee[/name] - “reborn” - French
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - “free” - English - [name]Robert[/name] is English!
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] - “farmer” - English - Hmmm…

Other names I thought had nice meanings:

[name]Isabel[/name] Mazal - “good fortune” - Hebrew - Not crazy about sound…
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Carys[/name] - “to love” - Welsh - Pronounced “KAH-riss”.
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Freya[/name] - “goddess of love” - Scandinavian
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Siran[/name] - “sweet love” - Armenian - It’s said “si-[name]RAHN[/name]”.
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name] - “gift” - Greek - …the [name]Explorer[/name]?
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Matia[/name] - “gift of God” - Spanish - Pronounced “muh-TEE-uh”.
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Shiloh[/name] - “His gift” - Hebrew - [name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name]…
[name]Isabel[/name] Adelphie - “dearest sister” - Greek - Aww! But, it’s long…
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Fausta[/name] - “lucky” - Italian - Not that cute, though…
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Sadiya[/name] - “lucky” - Arabic - [name]Long[/name], but pretty!

What do you think of those? Auntie? [name]Miranda[/name]? :slight_smile:

sorry it’s taken me so long to get back on here…
had quite a bit going on… and i finally had time to take your list of suggestions to my Aunt and [name]Miranda[/name]…
btw… we finally got [name]Miranda[/name] off [name]Ariel[/name]… by giving her a kitten… named [name]Ariel[/name]… ooh that was a clever suggestion!! thank you so much!!
anyway… here are our thoughts on your names::

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aria[/name] - actually, i prefer [name]Ariel[/name] to [name]Aria[/name]… and in any case… we don’t have to worry about [name]Miranda[/name]'s feelings anymore regarding that name. It’s pretty, but Auntie didn’t like it so much… it’s pretty much the same to her as [name]Ariel[/name]…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aimee[/name] - we [name]LOVE[/name] this one. It’s gone straight to our top three.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Camille[/name] - it’s pretty, but we don’t think these names sound right together…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] - there is angelina to consider… lol. my aunt said absolutely not before this one was even out of my mouth… for what it’s worth, though, i think it’s gorgeous.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] - my aunt liked this one, but said that it’s a little too “out there”…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Renee[/name] - top three… Auntie loves it… [name]Miranda[/name] loves it…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - i think this one is great, but wouldn’t [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] sound better?

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] - we live in [name]Georgia[/name]… so my aunt is saying absolutely not on this one… lol.

[name]Isabel[/name] Mazal - auntie is going with no on this one too. it’s really pretty, but she likes more “traditional” names…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Carys[/name] - she loves… but thinks it sounds too much like [name]Paris[/name]… which she hates.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Freya[/name] - [name]Miranda[/name] says [name]Freya[/name] sounds like an old lady. lol… i associate it with a character in a book i read once… it’s a nice name, but auntie doesn’t like the flow with [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Siran[/name] - auntie said “as in saran wrap?” i’m assuming that was a no…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name] - we like [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name]… it sounds a little chunky… but it’s a cute name… i could definitely see her using this name… don’t really know how well it flows with the other two names…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Matia[/name] - [name]Miranda[/name] burst out laughing… she said that she absolutely did not like this name but would love [name]Madeline[/name]… auntie looked pensive… it’s in the maybe list for now…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Shiloh[/name] - can’t use [name]Shiloh[/name]… we love it… but it’s the name of a town nearby…

[name]Isabel[/name] Adelphie - auntie didn’t like this one, but said that she’d consider [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]… it’s kind of similar…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Fausta[/name] - this one just isn’t cute. we didn’t like it.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Sadiya[/name] - i [name]LOVE[/name] it… [name]Miranda[/name] LOVES it… auntie doesn’t like how different it is from the names of her other two children…

Okay, thanks for getting back to me! So, here is the list from what I could grasp from your comments:

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aimee[/name] - 779 - French - “beloved friend”
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Renee[/name] - 734 - French - “reborn”
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name] - U/R - Greek - “gift”
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Sadiya[/name] - U/R - Arabic - “lucky”
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - 87 - English - “free”
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] - U/R - French - “woman from [name]Delphi[/name]”

Okay, now that we have taken care of that business, my comments:

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aimee[/name] is beautiful, has a lovely meaning, and has a French connection to [name]Nicole[/name]. Because of its relation to [name]Amy[/name], it has a connection to the trendy [name]Nicole[/name], but its spelling makes it differently. It can be pronounced like [name]Amy[/name] (which I recommend for flow) or like ay-may. I really love it!

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Renee[/name] is very pretty, as is its meaning. Because she is being adopted, it is almost like she is being “reborn” as a part of your aunt’s family. It goes very well with [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Nicole[/name], but I do think it sounds a bit dated and old for a little girl. Like it.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name] is plain cute, and spunky! She is a gift, right? I think it is playful and sweet! Really like…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Sadiya[/name] is beautiful, but I don’t know how your aunt likes it when it is so untraditional! I love it, but I agree it isn’t the best with [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name]'s full names…

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], popularity wise, is best with [name]Nicole[/name] and [name]Robert[/name], but I agree that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] is slightly more attractive. I think you can do better!

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] doesn’t work for me. I don’t like the meaning, and I don’t like the repetition of the “el” sound. Sorry, auntie!

So, I would limit my search to [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Aimee[/name], [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Renee[/name], and [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Dora[/name]. Two questions: 1) What is the baby’s last name going to be? It would help me judge the flow of the name. 2) Where is she being adopted from? Perhaps her looks might help us pick a name for her!

P.S. We all seem to agree about [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Fausta[/name] being ugly, but I just had to put it in there for the meaning! And, yay for [name]Miranda[/name] and her little kitty, [name]Ariel[/name]! Perfect solution.