sister for Asher and Reed

We were all set for number 3 to be [name]Owen[/name]–but we’re having our first daughter!!!

We need help with a girl’s name.

Her big brothers are
[name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name].

Hubs seems to like [name]Journey[/name]. I like it–but I’m concerned it’s too trendy and maybe trying too hard.
My mother-in-law likes [name]Lyric[/name] (since her mother was [name]Lois[/name])–but it has the same concerns as [name]Journey[/name] for me.

We’d appreciate suggestions.

Thanks–

[name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] are such handsome, classy names, and I feel like [name]Journey[/name] and [name]Lyric[/name] are both too trendy to really fit in that set. If you’re looking for another word name, here are some thoughts:

[name]Honor[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Sky[/name]’
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name] (this might be too “[name]Madonna[/name]” for you, but I think that it actually fits beautifully in the set)
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]True[/name]

Here are some other names that I think just go well with [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]:

[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Viva[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
Esm”
[name]Cicely[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

Hopefully these help! My favorites would have to be [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], & [name]Honor[/name] - [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], & [name]Coral[/name] - [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], & [name]Mercy[/name] - [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], & [name]Viva[/name] - and [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], & [name]Cicely[/name]. For some reason, [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], and [name]Viva[/name] sounds stunning! [name]Viva[/name] is kind of a completely different style, but it just such an inspirational name that I think compliments and matches [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] in this liveliness. Good luck!

Thank you! You broke our mental log jam.

These are great.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
and what would you think of [name]Sicily[/name] (DH likes an “S” initial)?

[name]Viva[/name] won’t work because of 1st cousin who is [name]Aviva[/name]–but along those lines–how about [name]Zara[/name]?

I should have told you we have a two syllable last name starting with “M” and ending with “n”–otherwise I really like [name]Marin[/name], too.

Now to run this past DH.

Thanks again.

Yay! I’m glad I could help :slight_smile: Sometimes, even if you didn’t like many of the suggestions, they still help give you ideas and get you moving towards names you do like.

I’m so glad you love [name]Honor[/name]! It is such a beautiful, yet unexpected name, and it goes wonderfully with [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]. Actually, [name]Sicily[/name] is on my shortlist! The city is just stunning, and the name even more so. I actually prefer it to [name]Cicely[/name]. I’m not sure if you already have middles picked out, but I must add, [name]Honor[/name] [name]Sicily[/name] is a stunning stunning name! (and, pretending your last name is [name]Marin[/name]) [name]Honor[/name] [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Marin[/name] has good rhythm and flow, and I think [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marin[/name] sounds very nice. [name]Zara[/name] is a cool name - would you be pronouncing it like ZAH-rah or [name]ZAIR[/name]-ah? I personally prefer the ZAH-rah pronunciation. Names that have an ‘r’ sound anywhere seem to fit really nicely into the set. It would be cool, in my opinion, to continue that, since I don’t think it would be obvious. It just helps them flow.

No problem :slight_smile:

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I noticed that [name]AshER[/name] and [name]REed[/name] share the same letters, reversed. I wonder if you ever noticed that or would want to continue it? For a girl re[name]ED[/name] and [name]DElia[/name], for example? Maybe it’s silly…

gwensmom–very cool. and no–we didn’t notice–the boys are named for their grandfathers (our dads). 1st son has f-i-l’s initials; second son has my dad’s initials. thanks for the insight.

sydnee–thanks again–
i really love [name]Honor[/name] and [name]Sicily[/name] together—though I was thinking the other way around–[name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] M—n.
we’d pronounce [name]Zara[/name]—ZAH-rah.

gonna work on mn-s for [name]Zara[/name]—then we’ll see if DH likes these. :slight_smile:

thanks. i’m really lucky to have found others who are name obsessed!

I love the names [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]! Absolutely my all time favorites! For girls names:

[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], and [name]Livvie[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], and [name]Cheyenne[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name], and [name]Parker[/name] lovelovelove

I know these aren’t many name but these are the names I [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]!
Also if you have a fourth and it’s a boy and you name him [name]Owen[/name], these names sound great with it! ^^^

oh-- i like [name]Charlotte[/name], too. thanks.

We’re thinking that [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Zara[/name] may be confusing when spoken aloud–and be too similar to each other which could make [name]Reed[/name] the odd man out–which we want to avoid. [name]Do[/name] you think that would be an issue?

I really like:

[name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Honor[/name]…

and maybe—

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name]. It’s really beautiful (:

Some of my favorite names are:
Annaka, [name]Jayde[/name], Daysha, [name]Brielle[/name], [name]Esmae[/name], [name]Maleah[/name], [name]Layla[/name], and [name]Vera[/name].

And I love [name]Zara[/name], but I also love [name]Zahra[/name]. :smiley:

i’m still really very happy with [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name]—

but wondering what you all think of two more possible first names (i’ll worry abt mn if we like these well enough to go further)–

Siam
we’ve talked abt Siam before–but were concerned about ending with an m when our last name starts with an m—don’t know if that’s really an issue. is it TOO different to go with our boys’ names–which we think are rather classic.

Sirikit
love the thai connection (dh and i met there) and love that we could use the nn [name]Siri[/name]–but again is it TOO different. btw, when pronounced out loud the second i is silent so it’s said SIR-keet.

thanks in advance for your help.

[name]Asher[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] are just too handsome together. I love it.

I apologize if I repeat anything, but what about:

• Using your/dh mothers initials?
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Olive[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] (still sharing the E/R letters and it’s soft)
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Lena[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Della[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Mila[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Matea[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Celia[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Selena[/name]

we still love [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name]–

but are looking for one more alternative.

grandparent reaction has cured us of considering Siam. (oh boy!)

what do you all think of Sirikit. i realize that in my earlier post i got the accent wrong–it’s said sir-KEET with the accent on the second syllable. it’s the name of the current long-reigning (and much loved and respected) queen of thailand. we like the thai connection and like the nn [name]Siri[/name].

is it too out there and/or too different from the boys’ names?

thanks.

I’m so glad [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] is still in the running! It is such a gorgeous name and [name]Sicily[/name] is such a beautiful city! :slight_smile:

Sirikit…hmmm…well, here’s what I think: Sirikit is an awesome name, and if this was your first child, I would say go for it hands down. In terms of fitting in with your boys names, I think its not a horrible fit (ie. an unusable fit). Sirikit has that ‘r’ sound and its two syllables. The “Thai flavor” is really the only thing that sets it apart, and I think Sirikit’s importance and meaning to you can definitely trump the worry that its a too much of an exotic choice.

Have you thought of middle names for Sirikit?

Good luck! [name]Hope[/name] this helps :smiley:

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

If you like [name]Owen[/name] (and I do; it’s my son’s name, lol) then how about [name]Rowan[/name]? [name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] sound great together.

Also, you mentioned naming her after someone named [name]Lois[/name]…so how about [name]Eloise[/name]?

Other suggestions:
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Sailor[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]

you guys are great. thanks all for your really wonderful input–

we’re leaning toward either [name]Sicily[/name] or Sirikit. not etched in stone–but mn will probably be [name]Honor[/name] with either one. it’s definitely going to be [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] if we go that way—dh saying maybe we should have a more “mainstream” (or our idea of mainstream lol) mn for [name]Siri[/name] because that’s a little more “out there”. leaning toward an “h” initial for family reasons—

[name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
Sirikit [name]Honor[/name] or (in alphabetical order):

Sirikit [name]Hannah[/name]
Sirikit [name]Harper[/name]
Sirikit [name]Helena[/name]
Sirikit [name]Heloise[/name] or
Sirikit [name]Hope[/name]

i’m a little surprised that my dh (whose taste tends to be trendier than mine) thinks we need a more mainstream mn than [name]Honor[/name]. i’m waiting a little bit to see if he still thinks so once he gets used to the sound of the name.

thanks again.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] and Sirikit [name]Honor[/name] are unique, beautiful choices - you really can’t go wrong!

After glancing at your other choices for Sirikit, my two favorites are:

Sirikit [name]Harper[/name] - definitely a more mainstream/trendy choice that might suit your daughter well if the unusualness of Sirikit ever overwhelms her (and it might please your husband).
Sirikit [name]Heloise[/name] - [name]Heloise[/name] is so gorgeous!! And I think the flow is a bit better than Sirikit [name]Harper[/name] (since the length of [name]Heloise[/name] balances out the two-syllable Sirikit, as does [name]Sicily[/name] for the middle name [name]Honor[/name] in your other combo).

Once again, congrats and good luck! Your daughter is going to have a fabulous name no matter what you choose :slight_smile:

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I like [name]Siri[/name] and I just found the name [name]Siri[/name]-[name]Lotte[/name] wdyt?

I like the flow of [name]Sicily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] but would like to see [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Honor[/name] as it makes such a stunning combo.

yds just said “[name]Sicily[/name]–we’ll call her [name]Sissy[/name]” and my mouth dropped open. :o

i acknowledge that the nn [name]Sissy[/name] would lead to awful teasing for a boy–but is it a problem for a girl? or is it inevitable for a little girl with two big brothers? :? hopefully, it wouldn’t last long…

thanks in advance for your thoughts. :slight_smile:

The [name]Sissy[/name] thing wouldn’t bother me - I know a lot of little girls whose siblings call them [name]Sissy[/name] as a short form of sister even though it’s unrelated to their name.

i think we’re making progress–thank you all for your great ideas and your great taste!

said names out loud to trusted real world friend. thankfully, she liked them–but said that to an american ear “sirikit honor” may sound like “secret honor”. :o :?

so we’re considerig “sirikit honora” to make it clearer that it’s a name.

also–husband is currently very into “sirikit susannah” and likes the many nicknames “susannah” gives her if at points in her life “sirikit” or “siri” is too different for her.

so we’d like some advice–(with our nickname for her being “siri”):

do you like:

sirikit honor (don’t worry about secret honor)

sirikit honora

or

sirikit susannah?

thanks in advance for your help.