sister for Asher and Reed

[name]Susannah[/name] and the nn of [name]Siri[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] would be very cute.

we’re going a little different direction.
i think she’s going to be

[name]Eliza[/name] Sirikit

yes, i’m loosing my nerve for something so different as a first name; but still love it, so it’ll be her middle name.
dh really loves [name]Eliza[/name] (as do my parents and bff). i was initially concerned about the sound of the “za” before “si”–but now that we’re saying it out loud, it seems ok.

we MUST make up our minds in the next 6 weeks lol

what do you berries think?

thanks in advance for your help.

[name]Eliza[/name] is perfect! My favorite.

[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Lila[/name] [name]Sicily[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Esme[/name] [name]Jeannette[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Elaine[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Renee[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name], [name]Reed[/name] & [name]Kylie[/name] [name]Honor[/name]

thanks for all your help.

i read somewhere on this board that when you have the “right” name for a baby, you know it. that was certainly the case for both of our boys----but i’m not sure we’re there yet for our baby girl! btw–i find this really surprising. pre-marriage and pre-children, i always thought the tough ones would be the boys’ names. i thought i had a long running supply of girls’ names i loved. but we decided on the boys’ names pretty easily. and there was no question when i heard the names, i almost instinctively knew they were right. sigh evidence of being name obsessed, i guess. lol.

anyway–

my family (including dh) REALLY seems to like [name]Eliza[/name] and my husband and i like the idea of including Sirikit because of the thai connection (we’re not thai; but have a connection to thailand.) the problem is that i really am not fond of the way they sound together.

would substituting [name]Siri[/name] for Sirikit help? does [name]Siri[/name] feel too nickname-y?

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Siri[/name] is still a mouthful.

what do you do when you have two names that you like but which don’t sound great together?

advice appreciated. thanks–

d

we decided on

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jade[/name].

thanks for all the help and support.

Gorgeous! Best wishes to you and you’re family!

[name]Eliza[/name] is a personal favorite (yes, baby name writers have them too) and I’m just sorry I never got to use it. And [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is perfect on so many levels, including the 3-1-2 syllable rhythm. Congratulations on finding a wonderful name and thank you to all the berries who helped!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is lovely.

congrats.

thank you all so much.

and a personal response from pam! wow!

miss eliza really is a sweet baby. and smart enough to have the men (her dad, bros and grandfathers) wrapped around her little finger already!

i plan to stay around here as time allows and hope i can help someone else come up with the perfect name for their little one.

thanks again.

deesa and eliza jade!

just wanted to give any other “jade” lovers a heads up–

our beautiful baby girl’s mn is being misunderstood / misheard as “jane” rather than “jade”. i’ve been spelling it for people. a bit frustrating and really unexpected. but we still love it—and it’s a middle–so hopefully it won’t be too much of a bother for her.

sigh—

OMG I thought this would be the easiest of names to understand!

I love the name [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jade[/name]…so pretty, yet unexpected combination!

thanks, rollo.

we thought so, too. one of the reasons we selected it. dh says the “problem” may only exist with the gparents’ friends who don’t think of jade as a name. i admit we were spelling it more for them–but enough others.

we’ll see.

thanks, kyemsma. dh and i knew it was perfect when we heard it. same thing happened with our boys’ names. i’m convinced that is a real phenomenon—and parents really do know the perfect name when they hear it.