Sister for Caroline Elizabeth

Waiting to find out gender of baby #2, but trying to find a girl name we like in the event of another girl. We are leaning towards [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (we prefer this spelling) for a first name but stuck on a couple options for middle names. We like classic, timeless names and our last name is one syllable so we lean towards longer middle names.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - do you think it’s an issue to have both of our children share the same initials? Is it confusing? I also like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] but my husband is not as sold.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - Is this too close to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], especially since [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Am I overthinking?

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - too long of a name?

Are there other classic middle names that would go with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and a short last name that I’m not thinking about?

Thanks!

1 Like

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would be a gorgeous set imo! You could also go with the [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] spelling if you wanted to drop a few letters, but I don’t find it any longer than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I don’t think it’s a problem for the two to share initials, but I’d hesitate, considering it might create a pattern you don’t wish to carry on with future children. You also might consider [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] if you want to avoid the matching initials.
Oh, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is lovely!!

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], imo, but, if you love it more than any other option, I suppose it would be okay.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - This one doesn’t have quite as nice a flow as [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], tbh. But it’s certainly usable, and I wouldn’t say it’s too long. (I like the flow of [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] better, though, I think, but perhaps you don’t love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] as a first name.)

Overall, I really love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as a sister name for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. The matching initials are less obvious in reverse order, and I think it’s a cute connection. But [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also gorgeous, if your husband won’t budge in the end.

Other suggestions for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]’s sister:
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]/[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is lovely

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my favorite of the combinations! As for the matching initials thing, if you decide that really bothers you, go with one of the others, they’re also both nice combination. I don’t think the [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] connection is unusable, if you really like both names, since they’re in the middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and she has two different sisters with the middle name [name_u]Marie[/name_u], so stranger things have happened.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] are all lovely. My favorites are [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

As to initials, my cousin’s kids are Ɛlɪzᴀbɛth Αshlɛy and Αddɪson Ɛmɪly… they swapped their initials around. No one else really took notice, and the only reason I did is because I’m big on family history and names. When their mom remarried and had more kids, she didn’t have the initials “matching” between her next three kids (all 3 have varying initials). No one ever commented either way.

I do think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] sound a little bit too similar for me (or like matchy twin names), since it’s both a matching C as well as ending in -ine, even though they aren’t pronounced the same way. I can imagine getting tongue tied! However, style wise, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] are very well matched! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a good fit as well, with all of those names fitting a style of classic and timeless and familiar.

Other suggestions for first names for a little sister to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (consider repeats as seconding!)…
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

1 Like

C@roline [name_f]Eliz[/name_f]@beth and…

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

Two syllable first names
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] *
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] *
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] *
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] *
[name_f]Susanne[/name_f] *
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] *

*[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f](a)
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
Any of these 3 or 4 syllable names could work well with a two syllable first name)

I think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is great!

I also like
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

I know someone with twin girls, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], and I don’t think it’s too long at all.