Sister for Caroline Elizabeth

Waiting to find out gender of baby #2, but trying to find a girl name we like in the event of another girl. We are leaning towards [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (we prefer this spelling) for a first name but stuck on a couple options for middle names. We like classic, timeless names and our last name is one syllable so we lean towards longer middle names.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - do you think it’s an issue to have both of our children share the same initials? Is it confusing? I also like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] but my husband is not as sold.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - Is this too close to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], especially since [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Am I overthinking?

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - too long of a name?

Are there other classic middle names that would go with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and a short last name that I’m not thinking about?

Thanks!

1 Like

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would be a gorgeous set imo! You could also go with the [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] spelling if you wanted to drop a few letters, but I don’t find it any longer than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] would be equally perfect with big sister [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I don’t think it’s a problem for the two to share initials, but I’d hesitate, considering it might create a pattern you don’t wish to carry on with future children. You also might consider [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] if you want to avoid the matching initials.
Oh, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is lovely!!

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], imo, but, if you love it more than any other option, I suppose it would be okay.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - This one doesn’t have quite as nice a flow as [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], tbh. But it’s certainly usable, and I wouldn’t say it’s too long. (I like the flow of [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] better, though, I think, but perhaps you don’t love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] as a first name.)

Overall, I really love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as a sister name for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. The matching initials are less obvious in reverse order, and I think it’s a cute connection. But [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also gorgeous, if your husband won’t budge in the end.

Other suggestions for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]’s sister:
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]/[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is lovely

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my favorite of the combinations! As for the matching initials thing, if you decide that really bothers you, go with one of the others, they’re also both nice combination. I don’t think the [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] connection is unusable, if you really like both names, since they’re in the middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and she has two different sisters with the middle name [name_u]Marie[/name_u], so stranger things have happened.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] seems the closest to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for me, since [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is, after all, the Spanish version of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. So I’d avoid [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/le or [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is perfect, however!

Catherine Eleanor, Eleanor Catherine, Catherine Isabel and Catherine Annabelle/Annabel are all lovely. My favorites are Eleanor Catherine and Catherine Isabel.

As to initials, my cousin’s kids are Ëlïzäbëth Äshlëy and Äddïsön Ëmïly… they swapped their initials around. No one else really took notice, and the only reason I did is because I’m big on family history and names. When their mom remarried and had more kids, she didn’t have the initials “matching” between her next three kids (all 3 have varying initials). No one ever commented either way.

I do think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] sound a little bit too similar for me (or like matchy twin names), since it’s both a matching C as well as ending in -ine, even though they aren’t pronounced the same way. I can imagine getting tongue tied! However, style wise, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] are very well matched! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a good fit as well, with all of those names fitting a style of classic and timeless and familiar.

Other suggestions for first names for a little sister to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (consider repeats as seconding!)…
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

1 Like

C@roline [name_f]Eliz[/name_f]@beth and…

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

Two syllable first names
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] *
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] *
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] *
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] *
[name_f]Susanne[/name_f] *
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] *

*[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f](a)
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
Any of these 3 or 4 syllable names could work well with a two syllable first name)

I think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is great!

I also like
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

I know someone with twin girls, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], and I don’t think it’s too long at all.