Sister for Cora

Not pregnant yet, but already thinking about names for a second daughter. We have one child named [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. I’ve loved the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for many years and we chose [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as we felt it had a whimsical/old fashioned feel. I think my girl name style is simple, but feminine names. No frills, but definitely a girl’s name. Our front runner is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], but I am somewhat hesitant as [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is a bit trendy for hipsters in our city - our friends know 5(!) baby Olives. Though overall the name ranks lower overall than [name_f]Cora[/name_f] - both over ranked lower than 100 in the country we are based in. [name_f]My[/name_f] top choice would be [name_f]Maud[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] if I could get my husband on board. His second choice is [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] which I like, but I don’t think it would work in my home country - the US. Plus, it reminds me of Charmed and I would feel as though people would assume I’d named my child for the show. :stuck_out_tongue: Any suggestions? What would you pair with [name_f]Cora[/name_f]?

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] together is great!

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f], but [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and Maud/Maeve is so good too!
Seconding [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] is on my list! Very beautiful. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is so sweet too. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names with [name_f]Cora[/name_f] are:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Helene[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Roma[/name_u]

Cota and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are lovely together!

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Freda[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is so cute! I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], & think that it’s perfect w/Cora. But if it’s really that trendy in your area…I don’t know. Would you regret it? I think it would personally steer me from using it. I have yet to meet a baby [name_f]Olive[/name_f] in my area, but I know about a zillion little Junipers. A name that’s not super high on the list, but way popular around here. I’d be very hesitant to use [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] even if it were my favorite. I think that [name_f]Maud[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are both nice options. [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] I like in theory, but does seem a bit much.

Here are a few more ideas that you may like:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Audra[/name_f]

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]

[name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Maple[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Maud[/name_f] go really well together stylistically but [name_f]Meave[/name_f] sounds a bit better to me. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] works too! With [name_f]Cora[/name_f] I like (sorry for the repeats):

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lea[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]

How would your husband feel about [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband doesn’t like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] even though I am obsessed with it. But more into [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] is a [name_u]French[/name_u] name vs [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] that is Irish.
What about [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. It has the O sound like [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

Cora and…

Alice (this might be my personal fave)!
Emma
Claire
Cate
Catherine
Gemma
May
Hazel
Harriett “Hattie”
Zoe
Freyja / Freya
Marion
Violet !
Daisy

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother would love your suggestion of [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. That was what she wanted to name my younger brother if he had been a girl. :slight_smile: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

1 Like

I wish I could use [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] nephew is [name_u]Will[/name_u] and my partner thinks it has a similar feel to [name_f]Helga[/name_f]. Not sure where he gets this idea… [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is great too! Makes me think of the Boxcar Children books.

1 Like

I think I side with your husband on this one! I like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but [name_f]Maud[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] don’t wow me. I’ve always loved [name_f]Prudence[/name_f], with the nickname [name_u]Rue[/name_u]. [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] is such a nice, underrated virtue-- definitely something I’ve hoped my kids learn!

Funny that you say that! [name_f]My[/name_f] mother wants us to use [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] for our baby and it was what she would have named my brother if he was a girl.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are lovely together!

But I also love [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! :heart_eyes:

I like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with [name_f]Cora[/name_f]!

If [name_f]Olive[/name_f] feels a bit too trendy, you might like names similar in style, but perhaps a bit more timeless in terms of popularity. I’d suggest these:

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] (Would make a great alternative to Prudence!)
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] other concern is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] sounds a bit like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is soo popular!

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] and Tess/a are great suggestions. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the simplicity of the two. :slight_smile:

I love how mothers want to use their grandchildren as naming redos. Hahahaha

1 Like

(I’m sorry, I’m not one to pay attention to SSA name data)
Funny because where I live, you’d probably find quite a few high schoolers named [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]. I think it died out though
I definitely don’t immediately associate [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] with Charmed (I literally just know her as Prue-which I see as [name_u]Rue[/name_u] with a P), but I’m not sure about you Americans, pretty much the only place I see [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] on the internet is her on NB, so I think it’s probably a lot rarer than [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. Same goes for [name_f]Maud[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would be nice though, same goes for [name_f]Olive[/name_f] if popularity isn’t a concern. Style wise, I think all four names work with [name_f]Cora[/name_f], just saying

I’m a big fan of [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Maud[/name_f], and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Cora[/name_f]! [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] is nice too. I’ve seen a lot of great suggestions on this thread. I’ll try to avoid repeats:

[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]