Sister for Eleanor- need help!

Hello All,
I am pregnant with #2 and I am due in [name_f]May[/name_f]. We have known the sex since [name_u]December[/name_u] and can not decide on a name. There is just no name that we are in love with and can agree on at the moment. Naming the first was easy and immediate, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]. We just loved the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and that we did not know any others and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is my husband’s maternal grandmother’s name. We have decided that we love the middle name [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (after [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Jemison) and if she were not being born in [name_f]May[/name_f] this would be her first name. In addition, if it were just me deciding her name would be [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but my husband does not like the name and is against two E names. Would love some more name options and perhaps some middle name options because sometimes I think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] can make our names a little too country sounding.

Names I love (husband does not like)
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

Names Husband Likes (I don’t)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]

Names We Like
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (not an option- niece just named this)
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] (husband’s paternal grandmother’s name)
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] (husband’s aunt)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] (a nod to my grandfather [name_m]Clarence[/name_m])

Thanks!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and:

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

middle names:
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Marit[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

My immediate thought was [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - it gets the [name_f]Mae[/name_f] reference into the first name, and it has the feel/sound of [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] but much more pronounceable!
Otherwise maybe consider
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (could be nicknamed [name_f]Cora[/name_f])
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a middle name! If you’re worried about the “country” feel but you still want the reference, [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is short for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] so either of those would work! Alternately, you could go with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] means pearl, so [name_f]Mae[/name_f] means [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] too.

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

I absolutely love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. It’s my favourite girl’s name and what I plan on naming my first daughter. My favourites of your choices are [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f], but you might like some of my other favourites:
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

And I think they could all work with [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]…so pretty!

[name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are all short and since they are a nod to family members, would be wonderful middle names. First names will be tricky because it seems your husband favors more “off the radar”, modern choices and you seem to prefer more feminine, classic ones. I side in your favor since your other daughter’s name is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and your hubby’s picks [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] would sound a bit odd paired with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (use that as a point when you discuss it with him:) ). Perhaps the answer is another classic or vintage name that is more unusual and not as common. That way you can satisfy something that would appeal to you both. Here are some names that I think might fit the bill:
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - A classic name but is not often used. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] both sound like classic beauties and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f] is close to [name_f]Clara[/name_f]) would honor your family and flows nicely.
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] - This may be too traditional for your husband, but it’s worth a try. It can also be spelled [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]. It sounds very fresh and “of the moment” but is actually a traditional [name_m]German[/name_m] name.
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] - I know it’s an E name, but it fits your requirements so well. Part [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (traditional and lady-like just like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]), part modern lady with the ending. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] sounds lovely.
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] - This name is spunky yet romantic. I love how you could use the nickname [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for this name to honor your family. [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] sound like they stand up to one another. Both are feminine yet strong.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - Definitely dainty, feminine and vintage. But the nature theme (which is so “right now”) and unusualness of the name may appeal to your husband.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] sound like the perfect sibset. I also love how you can use the cheeky nicknames [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] which may appeal to your husband’s more modern tastes.
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] - Vintage name (think [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] Crawley’s fiancee in Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]) but it is so underused that it feels “new”. Also has great nickname options: [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Livie[/name_f] or the spunky [name_u]Vinny[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Bess[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] go well together.