Sister for Eliora

Expecting baby #2 and needing a girl name for sister, Eliora (Ellie).

We are culturally Jewish and would like to stick to Hebrew and/or Israeli names. They need to somewhat blend in with current name trends, however we do live in Seattle and people are definitely used to unique names :slight_smile:

Would love a longer name with a cute nickname, if possible!

Suggestions also welcome - no New Testament or Mormon names, please.

• Aliza
  • Shoshana
  • Davina
  • Dalia
  • Delilah
  • Aviva
  • Amalia
  • Odelia

0 voters

shoshana and aviva would be perfect with eliora! and i love sho & viva as nicknames (:

1 Like

These are all beautiful!

I love [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]! Soooo many great choices here!

Other suggestions…

[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Margalit[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Dafna[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Peninah[/name_f] (Ellie and Penny)
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Efrat[/name_f] (Ellie and Effie)

I can’t wait to find out what you choose- so many beautiful choices!

1 Like

I am in love with [name_f]Davina[/name_f] !

1 Like

You have a great list!

I’m always loved Shoshana—it’s so much fun to say. Shosh, Shoshi, Shishi, or [name_f]Shana[/name_f] would be fun nicknames, if not quite as tidy as [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] for [name_f]Eliora[/name_f].

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] is such a vibrant name as well, and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_u]Avi[/name_u] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] sound so perfect together. [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] might be my favorite. What a gorgeous pair of sister names!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]

1 Like

I liked both [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aliza[/name_f] as a little sister for [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] but I went with [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] because [name_f]Aliza[/name_f] is just too similiar to trending names like [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], etc and given the uniqueness of your first child’s name I’d steer more towards rarer names such as [name_f]Odelia[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Odelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], and [name_f]Dalia[/name_f] are wonderful!!

[name_f]Galia[/name_f], [name_u]Dana[/name_u], [name_f]Ofira[/name_f], [name_f]Romi[/name_f], Tali/Talya, [name_f]Tamar[/name_f], [name_f]Tirzah[/name_f], [name_f]Ilana[/name_f] came to mind

1 Like

Voted [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], but [name_f]Aliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f] are lovely too :blush:

1 Like

Fellow (secular) Jew. What about [name_f]Talia[/name_f]?

1 Like