Sister for felicity!

Hello!! I have a three year old named [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] jean. I’m currently pregnant with baby #2. I had the name elodie picked out. My husbands family has made numerous comments about how the names seem to similar. [name_f]Do[/name_f] they??? I need help!!! I’d they do sound to much alike to you what name would you suggest?

They both have the ‘ee’ Sound at the end but other than that they don’t sound alike at all. I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are adorable together!

I think they are the same style which is what most people want, and they work very well as a sibling set. Choose what you love!

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is so adorable! Choose what YOU and your husband love. Not what other people love. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have middle name ideas for your little girl?

They have the same end sound and a similar rhythm (if that makes sense) but they’re quite distinct and go well together

[name_f]Elora[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] are some similar suggestions maybe? But i think [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] works brilliantly

Yes! [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] magnolia! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] was named after my aunt who passed and my mother with jean. And I wanted her to have a meaningful middle name. [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is the street I grew up on. And it’s lined with magnolia trees. So it has a bunch of meaning to me.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] would be such a sweet sister for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]! I think they work wonderfully together. They match but not overly so. If it continues to be a concern some names kind of similar to [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] could Be [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]…

If you want something entirely different you could have [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and ______ [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f];
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
Josephone
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

I hope I could be of help!

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are a lovely sibset. They have matching sounds but are definitely not too close.

Me and my brother are [name_f]Carys[/name_f] & Lewys and my nieces are [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. If those sibsets can work then yours definitely can.

I hear the similarities—an “l” in the middle, multiple syllables and the ty/die endings are very close. There’s a sing-song quality to the two names together that many sibling names have (I have cousins who are siblings whose names literally rhyme, so I don’t think we are anywhere close to that!). They do not look similar on paper, but they do sound similar-ish to me. I don’t think it should make or break your decision, and they are lovely both separate and together.
If you do decide it bothers you enough to consider other names, I like:
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]/[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

I also like using [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] in the first name spot, if that’s something you’re interested in.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is stunning and would make an adorable sibset with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

Yes some what similar but not enough to be awful. I think they great

I think they sound beautiful together! I don’t think they sound too much alike at all! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the middle name [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] with [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] as well!

My daughter’s name is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] as well! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name!!

Best of luck with your search!!