Sister for Gemma Jayne

Hi!

Our baby girl is named Gemma Jayne. I’m trying to decide on a name for her sister; it is so hard and I need help! It took us months to settle on Gemma - we tend to like unique names that still feel familiar. We went with the middle name Jayne to honor my brother Jay who passed.

I’ve got a long criteria list - I want all of us to have individual initials, so A, J, and G first names are out. I also want the ending of her name to be different than her sister, so names ending in “a” with an “uh” sound are also out.

Possible family middle names for her would be Elle or Blair/Blaire. I do love both of these as first names, but it’s hard to find names that flow with them, and that is important to me too :slight_smile:

Some names on my list:

• Lillie
  • Waverly
  • Wren
  • Iris
  • Hazel
  • Elle
  • Olive
  • Mae
  • Piper
  • Sophie
  • Claire
  • Isabel/Isobel (nn Izzy)
  • Elodie/Elowen (nn Elle)
  • Ivy (love this name but unfortunately can’t use due to family friend name)

Thanks for all your help!!

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (instead of [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would be suit - and sweet too!)

1 Like

[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]!

1 Like

Congrats on a second baby girl! :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

Here are some suggestions that mix yours in with others:

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Blaire[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] / [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_m]Faolan[/name_m] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Isaline[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Tierney[/name_u] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_u]Nori[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile: I think I avoided all your no-nos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]
[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]!

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Odette[/name_f]! Unfortunately my husband has vetoed it :broken_heart: but also love the idea of [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]! Thank you!

Of the names on your current list, I am digging Gemma & Lillie, Waverly, Hazel, & Sophie! I think Lillie, Hazel, and Sophie are a little bit more common, though (especially due to similar spellings/names like Lily and Sophia).

Some more suggestions:
Bonnie
Briar
Camille
Carmen
Cecily
Celeste
Celine / Selene
Colette
Corinne
Danielle
Daphne
Dawn
Elaine
Elise
Elsie
Estelle
Eve
Hallie
Harmony
Heidi
Helene
Holland
Holly
Kate
Lauren
Leighton
Lorelei / Lorelai
Lucille
Maisie / Maisy
Mallory
Margo / Margot / Margaux
Noelle
Paige
Phoebe
Rory
Rosemary
Sage
Skye / Sky
Skyler / Skylar
Summer
Teagan
Vivienne / Vivian
Winter

1 Like

Thank you for all your suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Ashten[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], so those are out, but how funny that you mentioned them!

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] sounds too vintage? I love the nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] for [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] but afraid it sounds too “old ladyish”

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] is also on my favorites list, but I think I’ll be saving [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for if we ever have a boy :wink:

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] I got at least one! lol Sorry about [name_f]Odette[/name_f] though :confused:

Lol, I put [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] on there, then realized you said no A names, then realized based on your username that your name was probably [name_u]Ashten[/name_u] :rofl:

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] has a vintage feel but in a very modern, on-trend kind of way. Lots of vintage names are really in vogue right now and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] fits in with [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], etc. that you already have on your list.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] for a boy is really nice too! So that’s fair! Also, one more random suggestion along the veins of the vintage revival trend: if you can’t use [name_u]Ivy[/name_u], you may consider [name_u]Fern[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] are lovely!

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]Blaire[/name_u], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] would be nice!!

With [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] (and avoiding A, G, J and -a endings)…

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_u]Jo[/name_u]

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Excuse repeats, with Gemma Jayne, how about:

Blair Waverley (or another three syllable name)
Elodie Blair
Iris Eloise
Harriet Ella
Zoe Claire
Hazel Blair
Marianne Blair
Piper Eleanor
Penelope Blair
Maren Elise
Frances “Francie” Elowen
Mary Blair
Bridget Elowen
Phoebe Mae (or an honour name)

I’m thinking solid but pretty names are best, so not too vintage or cutesy/whimsical. Names that are straightforward, sophisticated and tailored but still have something light and happy about them, like Gemma. Of your list, Sophie, Claire, Iris, Elodie, Isabel/Isobel and perhaps Piper and Hazel seem the best match with Gemma. The others aren’t as in sync, from my POV - better as middles (or else honour name).

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Claire[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]

You may not be looking for suggestions but my first thought was [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] ! [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are so sweet !

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] be used in the middle? I really like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] top five on your list are [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] with [name_u]Piper[/name_u] probably being my favorite. I also think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] goes well with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] but I’m not loving it with either middle name.

I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]