Sister for Graham

I am looking for a sister to [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]! I will share some names I love so you can get my naming style…
[name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_f]Freya[/name_f].
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]/Ellie was my top but it’s out of the question due to a close family naming their daughter that.

So far I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sounds the best with [name_m]Graham[/name_m] because they are both simple and not too trendy.
Maybe [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]? It might be too common for me though… any suggestions are appreciated! :blush:

Maeve is my favorite from your list with [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. Maybe [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]? [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is nice as well!

Aurora
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]

Maeve is another favorite of mine! Our last name begins with an M so that was the thing holding me back… I’m not sure I love the sound of it together. Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Graham is such a nice name!

Dorothy
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] / [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] / [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Maya[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] off your list. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is wonderful

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/Lucie
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]
[name_f]Rora[/name_f]/Rorie
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]

Lara & [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] are both beautiful names!

1 Like

Welcome to the Nameberry community.

I love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] from your list and it goes beautifully with [name_m]Graham[/name_m]! I think [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] would work better with a brother to [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. Other suggestions…

Audra
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

I do love [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] more for a girl than a boy lol
Thank you for the other ideas❤️

Nora [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is beautiful

1 Like

Graham [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (could use [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/Ellie or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as nn)
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]

Awe! Great thought on [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]… NN [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. Thanks so much!

Hazel, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are all beautiful names, but each one has been used in our (extended) family on a person or pet so we are trying to avoid them. Thank you so much!

Maeve [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is really nice with [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

Fiona [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f](Instead of [name_f]Jane[/name_f])
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f](Instead of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f])

1 Like

How about [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f]?
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is a great suggestion, too. (Or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]).

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Nora-I agree that this is completely perfect w/Graham. It’s smart, pretty, simple, classic, a little bit Gaelic (like [name_m]Graham[/name_m])…all of the good things. It is really popular in my area, but it’s definitely not trendy. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is good.

Maeve-I love this w/Graham too. Another smart, sweet, simple, elegant Gaelic name. A bit less common than [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

Ruby-I think this is cute, but it’s not my favorite. Especially w/Graham, because [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is just softer & quieter, & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is kind of loud. Does that make sense? It’s not a deal breaker. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a way to narrow it down.

Gemma-I like this too, but is it too close to [name_m]Graham[/name_m]? Not a deal breaker again. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider. Very pretty name though!

Sutton-This is the only one that I don’t like on this list. It sounds boyish.& doesn’t flow to say.

Sloane-Ooh, I like this. Very smart & elegant, but not too frilly. And it’s Gaelic too! It’s not terribly popular either.

Freya-This is nice. I’m no help, since I almost like them all. :joy:

Here are a few more suggestions:

Ada

Audra

Audrey

Alice

Bridget

Clare

Eve

Fern

Flora

Holly

Haley

Jane

June

Lucy

May

Maren

Maire-I think that this is basically the same as [name_f]Mara[/name_f].

Nuala

Niamh

Phoebe

Pearl

Rose

Tessa/Tess

Violet

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does help! I was afraid [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] would sound too similar… and we like to call [name_m]Graham[/name_m] “G”, so it might get confusing. Our new favorite is [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! Thanks for your feedback!

I like the sound of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] best with [name_m]Graham[/name_m], but [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is also very nice. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] feels too trendy to me. None of the others really feel right.

Maeve is definitely our number one right now… Now to find a middle name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Echoing all the [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] love! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] sounds great with [name_m]Graham[/name_m]!
Good luck

1 Like