Sister for Hazel

I have a 3 year old named [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I am now expecting another little girl. My husband and I love old, classic names…that being said, we are having a hard time deciding what to name our new little one. Here is our short list…we would love any suggestions, or other names that may go with [name]Hazel[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Louella[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

By the way, the middle mane will probably be [name]Martin[/name], although it isn’t set in stone yet.

I think [name]Mabel[/name] is too close to go with [name]Hazel[/name].
I love the name [name]Violet[/name], but it gives you the word/color names instead of the old-fashioned vibe.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Louella[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Louella[/name]. Perfect.

Off your list, [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name], for sure! Those are perfect with [name]Hazel[/name]! But, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Martin[/name] isn’t ideal for a middle name, in my opinion - [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Maria[/name] might go better with [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a thought…

Others:

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I forgot about [name]Frances[/name]. I think [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] are very sweet together too. I like [name]Charlotte[/name] too, she’s just more popular than [name]Hazel[/name] and not as old fashioned as your other choices.

Good luck.

From your list my first choice would be [name]Louella[/name], it has the same old fashioned feel as [name]Hazel[/name] as well as the same soft sound without being too matchy or too popular (though that might not bother you). I also love [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Laura[/name], [name]Flora[/name], & [name]Olive[/name]. I think [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] would be adorable!

Some more suggestions:

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

more ideas-
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]

Thanks everyone!

We are slowly narrowing down the list, based on a few of your suggestions. I also really like [name]Olive[/name], that’s a name I hadn’t thought of before. My favorite is [name]Mabel[/name], but I too was worried that it was too close to [name]Hazel[/name] to work. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Going with a tree theme…

[name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Linden[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]